ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:34 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:Hey, you said in a different thread that you were moving up to Orlando. Do you still play AD&D at all?

I haven't played in 12ish years, but doesn't mean I would not play again.

I'm moving to Orlando 10ish of April.  I'm always willing to meet new gamers, but we'd have to convince the wife to play 1e/od&d...she's a big fan of 3E (though she started earlier than me, go fig *shrug*) :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Master Shiller, were art thou? :?

WTF happened?  No mysterious bidder???? :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:18 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:Hey, you said in a different thread that you were moving up to Orlando. Do you still play AD&D at all?

I haven't played in 12ish years, but doesn't mean I would not play again.

I'm moving to Orlando 10ish of April. I'm always willing to meet new gamers, but we'd have to convince the wife to play 1e/od&d...she's a big fan of 3E (though she started earlier than me, go fig *shrug*) :)

Love to meet up with y'all and at least discuss the possibility.  Heck, Mrs. Delver plays so maybe that'd give some leverage! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:21 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote: A rumor circulates around a bazzar or marketplace

which of course the party could hear from when they stop one night by the side of a gypsy caravan, where there is a storyteller who weaves mysterious tales!

On their way to their destination, they could be hampered by a drugged-crazed-madman who is intent on stealing their money all the time. he initiallly trieds to befriend as he is alone and nobody likes him and then, once everyone lets their guard down and offers him food and drink around the campfire, he switches into the crazed loon that he is!

they could also be attacked by a mountain cougar that has strange tendencies to attack the party at night and steals anything they are carrying in a sack!

oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:04 am 

Ah, lack of coordination in the shill attack. I think Dnd4evva's account has maxed out. Probably time for a new one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:47 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
which of course the party could hear from when they stop one night by the side of a gypsy caravan, where there is a storyteller who weaves mysterious tales!

On their way to their destination, they could be hampered by a drugged-crazed-madman who is intent on stealing their money all the time. he initiallly trieds to befriend as he is alone and nobody likes him and then, once everyone lets their guard down and offers him food and drink around the campfire, he switches into the crazed loon that he is!

they could also be attacked by a mountain cougar that has strange tendencies to attack the party at night and steals anything they are carrying in a sack!

oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

I'm a member of the HMGS (Historical Miniatures Gaming Society) and regularly run an AD&D tourney at their Tampa conventions.  I'm absolutely going to use this as a module for an upcoming game!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:53 am 

DungeonDelver wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
I'm a member of the HMGS (Historical Miniatures Gaming Society) and regularly run an AD&D tourney at their Tampa conventions. I'm absolutely going to use this as a module for an upcoming game!

hehehe if you do i have soooo got to see the mod! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:33 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

Well, I'm in the RPGA but have never written a mod for it...

You want old school, we could avoid the RPGA and write it as a Blackmoor mod seeing as its been rereleased by Dave w/ http://www.zeitgeistgames.com.  They have a MMRPG system up now...maybe you could even order it to read it. ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:34 am 

DungeonDelver wrote:Love to meet up with y'all and at least discuss the possibility. Heck, Mrs. Delver plays so maybe that'd give some leverage! :)

Are you in O-town or Tampa?

HMGS?  Sounds fun, I've never actually gotten to do historical mini gaming, only the games out there like battletech, warmachine, etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:00 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:Love to meet up with y'all and at least discuss the possibility. Heck, Mrs. Delver plays so maybe that'd give some leverage! :)

Are you in O-town or Tampa?

HMGS? Sounds fun, I've never actually gotten to do historical mini gaming, only the games out there like battletech, warmachine, etc.

I'm in Orlando (well, Longwood, but it's essentially a suburb of orlando)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:02 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

Well, I'm in the RPGA but have never written a mod for it...

You want old school, we could avoid the RPGA and write it as a Blackmoor mod seeing as its been rereleased by Dave w/ http://www.zeitgeistgames.com. They have a MMRPG system up now...maybe you could even order it to read it. ;)

Or alternately...

emodules

I do my own old-school AD&D modules.  Screw RPGA, "Living Greyhawk" and WotC right in their ears.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:18 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:I'm in Orlando (well, Longwood, but it's essentially a suburb of orlando)

Most of my friends are in Fern Park/Maitland/Altamonte...so it's not that far away. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:22 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:I do my own old-school AD&D modules. Screw RPGA, "Living Greyhawk" and WotC right in their ears.

Now, now...you should know from DF that I'm a fan of all D&D systems :) , and the spouse loved working at the WotC store.  Hate Hasbro all you want, but cut the wotc guys some slack. They're just doing their job and trying to make a game.  I honestly feel bad for them, it's like working for the IRS, everyone seems to hate you.  

I still think we need EB1 Lair of the Cougar Fiend mod written up.
(The EB is for eBay, get it? ;) ).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:28 pm 

If someone is going to write the EB1 module, I'm going to DTP it - as I'm doing this kind of job for a living - and publish it with the help of digital press systems, with a quality you could find in TSR modules.

And I think this COULD be a great fun for everyone here.

Any takers?

:twisted:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:31 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:I'm in Orlando (well, Longwood, but it's essentially a suburb of orlando)

Most of my friends are in Fern Park/Maitland/Altamonte...so it's not that far away. :)

[montyburns]Excellent[/montyburns]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:34 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:I do my own old-school AD&D modules. Screw RPGA, "Living Greyhawk" and WotC right in their ears.

Now, now...you should know from DF that I'm a fan of all D&D systems :) , and the spouse loved working at the WotC store. Hate Hasbro all you want, but cut the wotc guys some slack. They're just doing their job and trying to make a game. I honestly feel bad for them, it's like working for the IRS, everyone seems to hate you.

You're right!  Screw Hasbro! (too!) :D :D :D (TBH I think WotC probably had their hearts in the right place, though.)

MrFilthyIke wrote:I still think we need EB1 Lair of the Cougar Fiend mod written up.
(The EB is for eBay, get it? ;) ).

EB1 LAIR OF THE COUGAR FIEND - Ike has nailed the title.  Once I finish WGH4 Tombs of the Howling Hills I'll get cracking on it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:36 pm 

rosenkav wrote:If someone is going to write the EB1 module, I'm going to DTP it - as I'm doing this kind of job for a living - and publish it with the help of digital press systems, with a quality you could find in TSR modules.

And I think this COULD be a great fun for everyone here.

Any takers?

:twisted:

Ooooooh yeah.  I don't have the enmity y'all do with this "cougarrinard" foo', but I'll be more than happy to write the module.  :twisted:

Scope out my free modules and you'll note that I can do 90% of the layout m'self if that helps the process.  Ah, old school modules are so easy to format...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:51 pm 

I have to say I deal with the Coug and its  been fine but EB1 sounds like genius.  I just finished some NIIIIICE maps thar have Cougarfiend written all over them :twisted:

PreviousNext