ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:53 am 

Hey All, Maybe its me, but doesn't this sellers auctions look very very familiar:

eBay listings

Oh and look, he is also in Virginia. Here we go again. More thievery, sh*tty ass mailing times, lame excuses and retaliatory feedback to be had. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

For all you newbie buyers out there reading this post, avoid this schmuck like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:58 am 

i'm actually more than half-tempted to e-mail him and report him to ebay and the police too for him ripping me last year - little sh*t

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:05 am 

Yeah, I think that we should bring this f**ker down before he has an opportunity to get established again. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Something tells me in the mean time that this is going to be a pretty hot thread.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:07 am 

bclarkie wrote:For all you newbie buyers out there reading this post, avoid this schmuck like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO anyone who'd throw money at a zero rated seller without even the most basic form of protection is a mug.

If you're willing to lose your money then it's fair game. If you'd like something for your money, you should at least make sure the guy has a confirmed address and telephone number.

Note that not even eBay is willing to offer protection on this seller.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:16 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:For all you newbie buyers out there reading this post, avoid this schmuck like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO anyone who'd throw money at a zero rated seller without even the most basic form of protection is a mug.

If you're willing to lose your money then it's fair game. If you'd like something for your money, you should at least make sure the guy has a confirmed address and telephone number.

Note that not even eBay is willing to offer protection on this seller.

Problem is he started out nice and slow last time(like it looks like he is doing this time also) to gain buyers CONfidence and then started screwing people over left and right. :evil: I guess thats why they are CON men.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:20 am 

I'm not one for hanging an innocent man.  But I've just used the link below to say

I'm concerned that jonb7839 and the_game_emporium are one and the same due to their auction listing style.  the_game_emporium left a lot of unhappy people in their wake.  Can you check this out?

Thanks.

eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:26 am 

I am not one to hang an innocent man myself, but funny how similar it is huh? Same over use of VERY RARE and HARD TO FIND.  Same usage of caps to emphasize those words.  Also convientently located in Virginia. I smell a rat.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:30 am 

bclarkie wrote:I am not one to hang an innocent man myself, but funny how similar it is huh? Same over use of VERY RARE and HARD TO FIND. Same usage of caps to emphasize those words. Also convientently located in Virginia. I smell a rat.

Please use the same link.  If a few people do this, eBay might actually look into this.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:33 am 

Just sent this to several of the_game_emporium's winning bidders in the hope that one of them might recognise an item they "won"

Hi

Apologies for the unsolicited mail.  But I am concerned that eBay listings is the_game_emporium reincarnated.  Does any of this sellers items match those that you did not receive?

Regards.

John.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:42 am 

Oh and I just Mapquested Dublin, Virginia and it just happens to be about 5 miles away from Pulaski, Virginia where the the_game_emporium was located. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:58 am 

johnhuck wrote:Please use the same link. If a few people do this, eBay might actually look into this.

Done.

The more people who register concern, the more likely eBay is to do something.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:12 am 

done. i have mailed ebay too.

lets hope they get off their arses and actually do something for once  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:30 am 

Its definately the same guy. The Game Emporium bought Rhea's Shrinked Nanorian Stones and Fez I a month or Two before the end...

Look what jon is selling...

eBay listings

If Jon does ok you can be sure that Blasted land will pop up with a BIN of $300. I'm sure Frank can remember that particular copy...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:49 am 

jagd wrote:Its definately the same guy. The Game Emporium bought Rhea's Shrinked Nanorian Stones and Fez I a month or Two before the end...

Look what jon is selling...

eBay listings

If Jon does ok you can be sure that Blasted land will pop up with a BIN of $300. I'm sure Frank can remember that particular copy...

Hmm, thanks for the heads up guys.  I just got back from vacation (reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!) and started watching some of this schmuck's stuff, as the prices didn't look too bad.   :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:59 am 

Hi. I'd be interested in buying from you, however, the reputation of The Games Emporium and The Eastern Treasure Chest are well known. Would you be willing to accept payment in escrow, as I see neither PayPal nor eBay are willing to offer any buyer protection for you?

I've asked the question. Let's see if he denies it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 am 

Someone has bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5178839355

Can someone contact the bidder using:

eBay Feedback Profile for s.king

It's probably worth pointing them to this thread.

I can't do it myself as I have hit the daily limit for contacting members.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:33 am 

john i already sent him a message  :wink:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:35 am 

killjoy32 wrote:john i already sent him a message :wink:

Al

Nice one. Thanks.

Next