Dwarven Glory
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:49 pm 

Phuqing eBay........
I'll try and get the DG back up tonight.
You know what pisses me off? Some fucking chowderhead at eBay is combing thru the posts for keywords, removing auctions, and the idiot can't even pick out THE GODDAM PDF AUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULD TRAIN A RABBIT TO DO HIS DAMN JOB!!!!!!!!!!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:51 pm 

I feel for you Dead, the arse hole is probably working in an outsource shop in India (not that Amazon or others like ebay would do that *fraka*raka*cracka*grumble*)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:12 pm 

I have a feeling someone reported you Frank. EBay couldn't find their ass if some gave them a map with it circled in highlighter. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:51 pm 

Hi,

I won a Dwarven Glory from Frank once.

It never arrived.

Apparently it was "completely immersed, or rained on, bad enough that it soaked thru the wrapping and apparently thru the top of the poly bag. The cover now has more waves than the Pacific Ocean." and was returned to sender instead of being sent on by the Post Office.

He very kindly returned my money in full.

I sincerely wish any other Dwarven Glory buyers better luck than me, or else Franks Dwarven Glory auctions may be cursed!

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:52 pm 

Oh man, was I pissed when they ruined that! It was uninsured too. I almost assaulted the clerk over that. Luckily, the Postmaster knew me pretty well, and they reimbursed me for it. Printed out the auction page and all. It was pretty obvious that they damaged it. So I was only out the original shipping cost, but it was the loss of the book that got me enraged. Can't do that with a frigging B2, had to be a DG.
You know, maybe I will not list it after all. I seem to have terrible luck with Wee Warriors stuff.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:59 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:You know, maybe I will not list it after all.

*watches the queue forming in your in-tray, Frank*

Yeah, is pretty bad when another irreplaceable rare item vanishes for ever. :(

Am surprised you managed to wangle the money back out of them, though... How persuasive can you be, when required?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:31 pm 

I ship thousands of dollars a year with them. If it got lost, that would have been one thing, but the obvious negligence was right in front of them. I did threaten to go to UPS. perhaps that helped.
The PostMaster/Mistress is actually very human. She seemed embarassed that it took a swim.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:39 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:She seemed embarassed that it took a swim.

Thank you, I just visualized a mod w/ fins doing the backstroke. I need some sleep... :oops:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:41 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:She seemed embarassed that it took a swim.

Thank you, I just visualized a mod w/ fins doing the backstroke. I need some sleep... :oops:

Yeah I can picture U1, U2, or U3, but not Dwarven Glory.....

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:49 pm 

jkason wrote:[Yeah I can picture U1, U2, or U3, but not Dwarven Glory.....

Boooooooooo...bad jokes not needed.  :P  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:44 am 

bclarkie wrote:I have a feeling someone reported you Frank. EBay couldn't find their ass if some gave them a map with it circled in highlighter. :roll:

I agree - I see keyword auctions all the time. . . the few times I hear they get taken down, I have often heard of a "complaint" being sent to ebay . . .

It may just be possible that you have an enemy or two . . . :lol:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:24 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:It may just be possible that you have an enemy or two . . . :lol:

Hmmmm, that would be new.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:49 am 

Dwarven Glory looks to be far more fun to play than PoVQ. Misty Isles looks pretty bad. So I'd say Dwarven Glory is the one to get if anyone's gonna fork out for their first Wee Warrior's publication.

How often do 1st edition copies come up for auction?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:26 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:How often do 1st edition copies come up for auction?

Not very often at $52.09. Unfortunately.  :(  :(  :(

Cheers,
malcolm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:31 am 

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I didnt want to start a new thread for something this trivial.  

With that DL36, why did EBay take down your most recent auction listings.  I am curious, because from what I read, there was not 1 listing violation in there yet they still removed them.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry to revive an old thread, but I didnt want to start a new thread for something this trivial.  

With that DL36, why did EBay take down your most recent auction listings. I am curious, because from what I read, there was not 1 listing violation in there yet they still removed them.

Yeah. I was gonna push that price up some more.  :(

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 pm 

They claimed the auctions violated listing policy because I stated that the buyer would be responsible for Paypal fees if paying by credit card.
I'm reaching the end of a very long rope with them.... They can zoom in on one sentence in my auctions, but they can't do a search on the fukin word PDF and clean that crap up.
I will relist all the items Sunday. This time I will keep copies in Turbolister so that when they fuk me again, I can just upload again.......

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:10 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:They claimed the auctions violated listing policy because I stated that the buyer would be responsible for Paypal fees if paying by credit card.
I'm reaching the end of a very long rope with them.... They can zoom in on one sentence in my auctions, but they can't do a search on the fukin word PDF and clean that crap up.
I will relist all the items Sunday. This time I will keep copies in Turbolister so that when they fuk me again, I can just upload again.......

i see loads of auctions all over the place where it says the buyer pays the paypal fees!!!

feck man thats shit :(

well i will wind up my bidding machine ready for sunday then :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Next