Fraudulent Second Chance offers reported
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:35 pm 

*bump*
Sorry I needed to bump this post down.

I actually got curious about this marquez9500, so I decided to check them out. This is even more fraudulent and sinister then I ever imagined. marquez9500 had a 1 feedback, so I decided to check out the auction that this marquez9500 received feedback for and is basically an auction to establish shills. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Chec out this f*cking thing:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5566873977
and here is the bidder list:
offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5566873977
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Needless to say, I will be reporting it to EBay and would suggest others do so as well because Ebay wont get off there ass and do anything unless like 100 people report it.

Based on the buyers in that list, all are from France. This is actually a US based Scam Artist using a French address to set up fake Ebay accounts. I would imagine that he has a multitude of others out there as well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:23 pm 

Gee, underhanded, scam-artist Frenchmen. Who would have thought.
As always, it boils down to common sense. I no speki da Engleesh, butt ewe sendin mee dee moniee.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:01 am 

anyone dumb enough to fall for a scam deserves what thewy get.. well less they are old....  a fool and his $$$$$$ are soon parted...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:33 am 

draco76 wrote:anyone dumb enough to fall for a scam deserves what thewy get.. well less they are old.... a fool and his $$$$$$ are soon parted...

heyyyy...what's that supposed to mean?  :)

clarkie:  any response yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:19 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote: clarkie: any response yet?

Nothing yet, so I reported it again.  Like I mentioned in the Dwarven Glory post.  Ebay could't find their ass if they had a map with it circled in highlighter. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:*bump*
Sorry I needed to bump this post down.

I actually got curious about this marquez9500, so I decided to check them out. This is even more fraudulent and sinister then I ever imagined. marquez9500 had a 1 feedback, so I decided to check out the auction that this marquez9500 received feedback for and is basically an auction to establish shills. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Chec out this f*cking thing:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5566873977
and here is the bidder list:
offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5566873977
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Needless to say, I will be reporting it to EBay and would suggest others do so as well because Ebay wont get off there ass and do anything unless like 100 people report it.

Based on the buyers in that list, all are from France. This is actually a US based Scam Artist using a French address to set up fake Ebay accounts. I would imagine that he has a multitude of others out there as well.

Well, Ebay has removed this auction, and most of the "winners" of it, but the fraud seller who set it up is still currently an active member. Here is to hoping that Ebay just hasn't gotten to around to removing him yet. :evil:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:38 pm 

I heard a hilarious one where the guy pretended to be a priest from a medium sized church. After stringing the guy from Nigeria along for about 2-3 months, nutting out details etc he finally got the Nigerian to send him $US100 (to cover the administration fee charged by their 'head office' for processing the $US100,000 the priest was supposedly trying to embezzle and send to the Nigerian).
Once the Nigerian sent the money the guy switched characters, and became the priest's bishop. 8O  The emails took the twist of the priest now being looked for by the bishop, as he had now embezzled $US100,000, gone on the lamb, and the bishop was requesting details from the Nigerian so he could find him.
This carried on for another month and the Nigerian eventually gave up and left it up to the 'Bishop' to try and catch him.

Just seems like you can't trust anyone these days..

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:06 pm 

This is still my favorite:  http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:37 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
draco76 wrote:anyone dumb enough to fall for a scam deserves what thewy get.. well less they are old.... a fool and his $$$$$$ are soon parted...

heyyyy...what's that supposed to mean? :)

It means you should send whatever money you have available to me for safekeeping.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:17 pm 

Hey Stephen,  Did you happen to also receive a second chance offer on this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

I am tempted to take it, but I am a little skeptical, considering I finished in fourth place on this auction. Does this seller realy have 4 Silver Anniversary Box Sets? :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:51 pm 

Yes I did get one just now.  I'm skeptical, but of course they could have multiple copies.  Maybe they just want to get rid of the whole bunch in one fell swoop rather than paying for multiple listings?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:49 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Yes I did get one just now. I'm skeptical, but of course they could have multiple copies. Maybe they just want to get rid of the whole bunch in one fell swoop rather than paying for multiple listings?

I am very tempted to take it. Its only $80.00. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Yes I did get one just now. I'm skeptical, but of course they could have multiple copies. Maybe they just want to get rid of the whole bunch in one fell swoop rather than paying for multiple listings?

I am very tempted to take it. Its only $80.00. :?

So am I.

I emailed the seller to ask why we had both gotten offers.  will post if I get a response before tomorrow.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:12 am 

clarkie, i haven't heard back from the seller about our second-chance offers, so i'm just going to let this one pass.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:12 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:clarkie, i haven't heard back from the seller about our second-chance offers, so i'm just going to let this one pass.

Thanks. I am going to as well. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:59 am 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:clarkie, i haven't heard back from the seller about our second-chance offers, so i'm just going to let this one pass.

Guys, care to post the email address you were supposed to send back to?  It would be interesting to see if it matched the other ones we've already seen on fradulent second chance offers...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:33 am 

Badmike wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Guys, care to post the email address you were supposed to send back to? It would be interesting to see if it matched the other ones we've already seen on fradulent second chance offers...

Mike B.

Hey Mike, the second chance offer that I received was legit per se, being that it came from EBay. It wasn't an email form a thrid party source like the others. MY concern was that I had finished in fourth place and I was still getting a second chance offer for my losing bid. It may be that we were both over cautious as that same seller does in fact have a second set up right now here:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

I just couldn't beleive that a seller would have 4 brand new Silver Anniversary Box Sets to be able sell. With his lack of response to Stephen's question, he decided that it was too risky, as did I. Well, I guess will have to see how everything turns out feedback wise before we know for sure.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:05 am 

Hey Mike, the second chance offer that I received was legit per se, being that it came from EBay. It wasn't an email form a thrid party source like the others. MY concern was that I had finished in fourth place and I was still getting a second chance offer for my losing bid. It may be that we were both over cautious as that same seller does in fact have a second set up right now here:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

I just couldn't beleive that a seller would have 4 brand new Silver Anniversary Box Sets to be able sell. With his lack of response to Stephen's question, he decided that it was too risky, as did I. Well, I guess will have to see how everything turns out feedback wise before we know for sure.
[/quote]

Ok, I was just worried this was the same guy that emailed Aneoth and others after the auction was finished.  Actually, I can believe lots of Silver Anniversary sets scattered around more than some items.  From my memory, it didn't sell well, and stores had new copies sitting on shelves until recently.  A local gamestore I know of still has one for original price I believe although the shrink is a bit tattered.  At one point I had four copies although one was my personal copy, I used to trade for them thinking they might be worth something someday, but ended up holding on to them for quite a lot longer than I thought....seems like now might be the time to divest myself of a couple....

Mike B.

PreviousNext