Adding the Product Number to the Descriptions?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:01 pm 

I noticed that the only way to get the product number on this site is to check out the image of the module.  This is sometimes difficult to read.  It would be really helpful if the product numbers were listed at the beginning of the descriptions for each series beside the module titles.  What do you think?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:51 pm 

The plan was (is) to have the product number (actually, I think you're referring to the TSR Stock Number, i.e. TSR 9004?), along with such info as the ISBN, number of pages, etc, available in the "Expanded Description" sections.  That's still the plan, but work in that particular direction has been slow.  It takes forever and is very boring, pulling each module out and compiling the appropriate info.  As usual, contributions are welcome!  It's also a fantastically easy way to land yourself in the credits.  Quite a few "Expanded Description" sections are already up; the buttons appear underneath the module titles, on the module pages that have them.  Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure both the "A" and "B" series modules have those sections, among others.  Optionally, we also have the "TSR Stock List" in the Library section, which lists all the TSR Stock Numbers for everything TSR made.  Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:44 pm 

I'd be happy to help.  Please let me know how I can send you submissions and what you need for information and what format. Thanks, Matt foster1969

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:26 am 

As far as format, just go to one of the Expanded Descriptions and copy down the entries there.  The easier it is for me to basically cut-and-paste your text onto those pages, the happier I am and the quicker it gets done. :)  That's pretty much true for any type of submission.  Appreciate the help!  Foul