A1-4 Misprint
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:18 pm 

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone has seen or heard about misprints for the compilation Scourge of the Slavelords book.  I came upon a copy recently (see attached) and I thought someone here might know if this was common.

Cheers,
LB

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:06 pm 

This happened occasionally, but it's probably subjective as to whether this was considered "common".  Misprinted or misbound books are usually not worth more than the standard book, usually less, especially if there is missing or damaged content.  There are some exceptions to a decreased value, but not many.  One example is the Second Alpha (Aug 1979) DMs Guide with Monster Manual pages.

To demonstrate how often printing/production errors have occurred, take a look at some of the misprint posts that have come up in the past:

Misprints Discussions

This might be good to keep as a curiosity, since it looks like it's intact, other than it was misbound.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:32 pm 

I wouldn't call it common. I have not seen one. I have seen players handbooks like this. Box bottoms to box sets can be reversed from the front. I know some of the 5e books are like this - that was more common.

I cant say I have seen a premium for items like this. I would imagine some would think its super cool though.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:47 am 

Tszii wrote in A1-4 Misprint:I wouldn't call it common. I have not seen one. I have seen players handbooks like this. Box bottoms to box sets can be reversed from the front. I know some of the 5e books are like this - that was more common.

I cant say I have seen a premium for items like this. I would imagine some would think its super cool though.

That would be me. I collect error comics (errors are pretty common). I haven't seen many error RPG items.

If I do though, I will be trying to buy them!