Dragon and Dungeon Magazine inserts
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:56 pm 

Hello all,

I came across this post that last replied to in 2009.
Dungeon Magazine Index : Inserts!

Using this search I only found four results: https://www.acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php ... arch&go=Go
Is there is list? If so where is it located?

I would also like to know if there is an expanded list for Dragon magazine for inserts as well.
Listed on Acaeum: https://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/period ... ragon.html
only effective up to issue 230.

If anyone can help is would be appreciated.

Tolvor

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:39 pm 

Start here and click on the name of the Dungeon Magazine you are interested in, not the picture:

https://www.acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php ... ry:Dungeon

Once on that page, try the Index and About options for additional info.

Here's a similar link for the Dragon Magazine:

https://www.acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php ... ery:Dragon

There are problems with a lot of the content, but you should find some information there.

We recently began to expand the number of Dragon Magazines listed on The Acaeum.  Eventually this list will include additional brief commentary on inserts/extras.  Check back in a month or two.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:07 pm 

Thank you for the links but I am having some trouble understanding.

acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php?title=File: ... eon118.jpg

Has a map in it, but when I click on the magazine there is nothing that tells me that.

Same with acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php?title=File: ... gon148.jpg
Well known Deck of Many Things is in this issue, but clicking the image does not have any information.

I know I am asking a lot, but is a list going to be complied of 1-150 in order stating X issue has (whatever) insert in it? I am collecting these and being a completionist, want to make sure I have everything.

I am not taking away from what is being done here, but to click each image to read if there is in insert is a bit much, since this is already being put together why not have a separate post/list stating inserts?

I am going to call Paizo and ask if they have a list. Might be a moot point since it has been so long but worth a shot.

Tolvor

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:13 pm 

Tolvor wrote in Dragon and Dungeon Magazine inserts:Thank you for the links but I am having some trouble understanding.

acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php?title=File: ... eon118.jpg

Has a map in it, but when I click on the magazine there is nothing that tells me that.

I'm not entirely sure how you are expecting this information to look, but the magazine image is only a pic of the cover, which coincidently does state there's a map included.

If you are looking for this in a text format, click on the "Dungeon 118" link at the bottom of the page, it will take you to the page which indicates the insert:

File usage
The following 2 pages use this file:

Dungeon 118
Gallery:Dungeon 101-150

Same with acaeum.com/awiki3/index.php?title=File: ... gon148.jpg
Well known Deck of Many Things is in this issue, but clicking the image does not have any information.

This page has some issues and it's possible it isn't complete.  Yes, it doesn't specifically call out the deck as an insert.

Keep in mind that these are Wiki pages, which are updated by Acaeum members.  They are not actively maintained/supported by an administrator.  In addition to that, the Wiki suffered a significant loss of content a few years back, which was never recovered.

I am not taking away from what is being done here, but to click each image to read if there is in insert is a bit much, since this is already being put together why not have a separate post/list stating inserts?

Eventually we will provide additional details under the Dragon and Dungeon magazine indexes, similar to some of the earlier entries.  I know that's not going to help you immediately.  If you create your own list, or find one somewhere, please feel free to provide it.