Palace of the Vampire Queen print sequence
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 21123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 192021
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:23 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Heya, Mike.
Also, your copy already had one missing map page which was replaced by a tri-folded copy. (Was that a TSR photocopy or just "low on ink"? Please remind me!).

David,
Are you confusing my copy with I/O's? I believe my foldered PoVQ - which I won from Rick Bauer - is complete.

No, I'm just confusing you with Mike <IO>... :oops:
*edits post*. Sorry, Stephen!

Out of interest, did Rick confirm that this was the $500 GenCon copy from a year or two back?

afoolandhis$ wrote:I tend to agree with the hypothesis that the yellow cover sheet was added later.

It goes against the grain of the 75/76 date and the "Feb 76" bagged date (unless Pete was actually correct in remembering he added the cover sheet later, in which case it would've been much later in 1976 that he added that).

Hey, ho! If we could discard those earlier dates from Pete, it does appeal in that a (genuinely as-issued) missing "cover"/scrollwork sheet in some black folders (which partially duplicates the "contents" section of the white sheet, anyhow) would tally with the black folder being "earlier".
But it is still "stuck" at June 1976 given that pasted copyright sheet (in all known copies?).

Hrrrr.....

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:36 am 

harami2000 wrote:No, I'm just confusing you with Mike <IO>... :oops:
*edits post*. Sorry, Stephen!

No problem; my mom almost did name me Mike...

harami2000 wrote:Out of interest, did Rick confirm that this was the $500 GenCon copy from a year or two back?

Nope.  I asked him twice, but never got an answer.  He was stationed in Bahrain, if I recall correctly, so might be a bit busy.  

harami2000 wrote: Hey, ho! If we could discard those earlier dates from Pete, it does appeal in that a (genuinely as-issued) missing "cover"/scrollwork sheet in some black folders (which partially duplicates the "contents" section of the white sheet, anyhow) would tally with the black folder being "earlier".
But it is still "stuck" at June 1976 given that pasted copyright sheet (in all known copies?).

Hrrrr.....

Didn't someone post here within the past half-year or so about a foldered version lacking the glued-in copyright page?  Or am I just recalling one of my own wishful thoughts?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:53 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Out of interest, did Rick confirm that this was the $500 GenCon copy from a year or two back?

Nope. I asked him twice, but never got an answer. He was stationed in Bahrain, if I recall correctly, so might be a bit busy.

Pity. Thanks for trying to check, anyhow.

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:But it is still "stuck" at June 1976 given that pasted copyright sheet (in all known copies?).

Didn't someone post here within the past half-year or so about a foldered version lacking the glued-in copyright page? Or am I just recalling one of my own wishful thoughts?

Maybe the same wishful thinking that I had, prior to changing my text to "in all known copies?"?
Was it not that the copyright sheet had become detached in one black folder owing to the rubber gum being pretty weak, or something like that?

=
It would be good to pin all this down, but is getting back into "discard x and become an earlier release" territory, possibly barring the stated-1974 release.
(Pete did do a good job of trashing my hopes that single/double sided, paper crimps, other minor printing variations, etc. might be able to be used with regards print runs. His statement that they had all sorts of fun-and-games whilst printing pretty much put paid to any of that. I copied you in on his email re. those...).

Well, at least we know the black folder pre-dates May/June 1976, since he sent one to TSR. (As well as a white copy of Brad/Morno's scrollwork cover sheet... hmmm....).

[edited to translate long paragraph into English... :?]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:57 am 

heheh this made me smile:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:GK_6 ... n%22&hl=en

and this made me laugh a LOT!

Error 404 - Not found

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:47 am 

Pretty amusing.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:33 am 

Error 404 - Not found

ROTFL

I wonder how much he'll mark up the extravagent prices he's wanting to purchase them for in order to re-sell ?  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:

Error 404 - Not found

ROTFL

I wonder how much he'll mark up the extravagent prices he's wanting to purchase them for in order to re-sell ? :lol:

Easy guys, Mcduff actually posts here from time to time. He is one of the "older"(not agewise, but has been a member from back in the early days) members of the forum, but he hasn't been around for awhile. He is actually a decent guy and to be honest, I have a sneaking suspicion that he has probably not updated his site in quite some time. FWIW, he is not a reseller.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:45 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:

Error 404 - Not found

ROTFL

I wonder how much he'll mark up the extravagent prices he's wanting to purchase them for in order to re-sell ? :lol:

well i tell ya, if you can get em for that much, i will have 10, no, 15 of everything on the list :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:03 am 

My black folder version of POTVQ has the white cover sheet, no yellow sheet, and the TSR distribution sheet (detached, but present).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:05 pm 

Actually, considering that McDuff has Goodman Games' Haunted Lighthouse on his list, I think it is a strong bet that the website has indeed been updated. Whether or not it has, even 5 years ago those were pretty weak prices.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:27 pm 

tfm wrote:My black folder version of POTVQ has the white cover sheet, no yellow sheet, and the TSR distribution sheet (detached, but present).

Can you tell if it ever was attached; i.e., is there glue residue on the sheet or on the folder?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:11 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Actually, considering that McDuff has Goodman Games' Haunted Lighthouse on his list, I think it is a strong bet that the website has indeed been updated. Whether or not it has, even 5 years ago those were pretty weak prices.

yeah they do look er a little duff dont they :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:13 pm 

It's very hard to tell for sure.  The folder (inside top right) has some tiny, and I mean tiny, traces of something going across the top about an inch down.  I might be more inclined to say yes, it was glued, but there is no trace of any glue on the TSR distribution sheet whatsoever, at least at the 1x optical level.  If it's any help, the TSR distribution sheet was definitely printed on the same printer as the other sheets in the module--the toner lines confirm this.  In that regard, it's not an orphan.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:20 pm 

tfm wrote:If it's any help, the TSR distribution sheet was definitely printed on the same printer as the other sheets in the module--the toner lines confirm this. In that regard, it's not an orphan.

Okay, valuable bit of information there; I was just going to ask you about that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:09 pm 

Alright, I am betting TFM wins it this time around:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alright, I am betting TFM wins it this time around:

I'm just hoping it'll go away before I do something stupid and bid the mortgage payment on it.  Must...resist...PoVQ  :?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:18 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Alright, I am betting TFM wins it this time around:

I'm just hoping it'll go away before I do something stupid and bid the mortgage payment on it. Must...resist...PoVQ :?

Its over. :) None other than a2jeff is the winner. :) He seems to be having a pretty nice run at this wee warriors stufff recently :wink:

Now can Frank hold off Jeff?

Game Design: Nonfiction | eBay

I am guessing no. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Its over. :) None other than a2jeff is the winner. :) He seems to be having a pretty nice run at this wee warriors stufff recently :wink:

Heh. Read it here, first...

Yeah, I kinda guessed that was on the cards when Jeff didn't respond to my email. Congrats, anyhow. :?

I hope Pete's happy with the extra $10 (or $3.26, given that my max "fair offer" was going to be in the $750-800 range had he bothered to answer, as was promised).
eBay.com Item Bid History

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 21123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 192021