Well its been a few days, time for a couger bash?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:35 am 

Last point about cougar, then it is off to work. :evil: Prior to EBay's policy change in going from just sales total to to item total or sales total, this actually yield a clue to cougars total yearly sales. Even if he was falling just belowroughly the $12,000.00 USD in monthly sales(which is a very long stretch by any means) That means cougars sales foir year could be no more $144,000.00 a year. Taking into consideration EBays fees being at least 17% which equals $119,000. Then if you factor in how much he actually paying to purchase and ship to himself even if his make 200% profit off of what he is paying to buy versus his sales(which is probably an even longer stretch) that means he take per year AT ABSOLUTE MOST is $59,500.00. Not exactly a millionaire, especially when you figure he is probaly working 60 hours a week.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 am 

bclarkie wrote:
lawrenson wrote: Wonder what his registration number/Company name is?

"Cougarrinard" doesnt show up on the database at all.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Try checking under "Little Kitty Industries". :wink:

you only need a registration number if you are a limited company. therefore, if you are a partnership or sole trader, your company name will not be listed at companies house. neither can you search against the company name through a companies search either....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:45 am 

bclarkie wrote: that means he take per year AT ABSOLUTE MOST is $59,500.00. Not exactly a millionaire, especially when you figure he is probaly working 60 hours a week.

ooh can i earn that much as well please :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:57 am 

Badmike wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:Ah crap. Now I am a slanderer. I guess I better go turn myself in to the authorities. :roll:

If anyone is guilty of anything, cougar is guilty of having the worst fucking grammar I have ever seen. I know bashing someone for being a bad speller and having shitty sentence structure is a little ridiculous but JEEZUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!! If someone emailed me asking if they could bid on my auction and did it the way he did, I would tell them no just because he sounds like a complete idiot or a four year old. Or maybe I am just being a bit of an ass? :wink:

Nah, just need to switch to decaf. Go Cubbies!!! :D

Maybe you need to take a step back; I mean, why else did you ask me to ship the RPGA module you just won from me to Plano in an M-Bag??????

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Mike B.

Are you out of your mind?  I never asked for an M-bag?  Do you know how long it will take for me to get that?  I said I wanted Global Express Guaranteed.  And don't forget...I don't want it shipped in a plain cardboard box.  I want it sent in one of those really expensive tyvek sleeves with the high-impact gel cushions and GDS tracking device.  Oh, and you are paying for the shipping right?  :P

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:43 am 

killjoy32 wrote:you only need a registration number if you are a limited company....

Al

He says above that he is a UK registered business.

Sole traders dont have to register. Ergo...

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:02 am 

you can be a sole trader and be a UK registered business - you are registered with the inland revenue - doesnt necessarily mean you are a limited company registered at companies house.

most limited company names are nothing like what the trading persons name is....

AL

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:30 am 

I have to agree with Alan on this point and UK Company Law is my field (ducks behind parapet taking cover)

To be registered at Companies House you need to be a limited company.  Sole Traders and Partnerships do not generally need to be registered there.  It depends on how the entity is incorporated to cover its liabilities.  You can search Companies House to find an entity but this is usually done by the Company number.  Searches by name are normally done by those forming a new company checking that they dont tread on any toes.  So if you want to try and form Kitty enterprises or something similar you could check that there wasn't already one called that.  Waste of time imo

This does not stop a sole trader needing to be registered for VAT purposes if they hit the threshold of earnings.  This is where Cougar is probably registered. Just my 0.02

William

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:31 am 

Hiya,

I know a lot of people with small businesses, and they dont normally class themselves as "registered companies" unless they actually are.

"Paying tax" doesnt normally class as "registered" - otherwise everyone who pays tax in the country would class themselves as "registered".  

Altho theoretically a sole trader is a company, in actual fact it is just one person earning a living, and most ppl dont class that as a "registered company".

Most company names are bought off-the-shelf, but for small businesses that actually sell goods, as they have a "public face" then they generally have a trading name which they select themselves and is meaningful.

Theres a lot of double quotes in that lot  :D And of course, it is all semantics. From what I've seen of daves use of english, "registered company" could mean practically anything.

Cheers,
malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:44 am 

ANYWAY! nice weather outside today  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:49 am 

I cannot believe you aren't finding this the most rivetting conversation in Acaeum history :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:55 am 

killjoy32 wrote:ANYWAY! nice weather outside today :D

Really?  It's a bit grim in Leicester.

BBC - Error 404 : Not Found

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:18 am 

been real nice up here today...so have last few days....clouding over a little now tho....as it normally does every time i go for a flipping run  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:24 am 

London is ok - at least its not blizzards this week!!!!
oh the joy of fickle British weather

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:55 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:been real nice up here today...so have last few days....clouding over a little now tho....as it normally does every time i go for a flipping run :evil:

*takes a quick check down South*

Nah; overcast and cool (45F) here all day: ideal for a jog along the beach, actually...
(And no, I'm not gonna ask what you mean by (casual) "run", Alan; four miles or so is quite far enough for me thank-you-very-much ;))

*hrmm... tries to remember the topic of this thread*

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:24 pm 

I have a registered business name/tax # resellers lience all that fun stuff but I never really have to use much or any of it.... Well not yet anyhow, I was going to start a sword / movie collector's items shop / online store / ebay but I just don't have the time atm do to college bs, and remodeling a house for my mother.  This summer I will probably start selling some very cool items....

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:40 pm 

One of Mrs Malcolms favourite words is "pedant!".

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:08 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote: that means he take per year AT ABSOLUTE MOST is $59,500.00. Not exactly a millionaire, especially when you figure he is probaly working 60 hours a week.

ooh can i earn that much as well please :)

I meant that was the absolute maximum he could be earning from Ebay, not what I thought he was actually earning. :wink:   Now I have no clue as to what if any sales outside of Ebay that he has, but I figure he is probably not netting anymore that $40,000 USD a year from his EBay sales.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:40 pm 

I see what people mean that cougar goes after lots, I'd bid high on this, but he keeps upping the cost. :(

eBay.com Item Bid History

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

PreviousNext