Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:43 pm 

Looks like comic link is in the action for D&D stuff
:)
https://www.comiclink.com/AUCTIONS/PREV ... 1&x=38&y=6

ST1, Tamo, Fazzle and others, I do wonder who sent these in

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:51 pm 

Wow!  Interesting place to sell these items.  We'll see if it pays off.  Some items are getting up there already.

The lot has an item from Ernie Gygax's collection: "The Cliffs of Geryon", which was auctioned off by Paul Stormberg in 2007.

It's possibly Greylake's collection:

A few eBay questions

He was originally planning to sell on eBay.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:17 pm 

I just had a nice talk with a salesperson there. I asked him about the Arduin Grimoire (which is listed as a 1st Print). He went and got it and it is unfortunately NOT a 1st Print. He was very friendly and intimated that they will change the listing to reflect what i told him.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:56 pm 

Does Comic Link normally sell D&D/RPG stuff or is this just a one off/collection they acquired?  I've never been to their site before so will add it to my list of places to look at like the Good Will and other not so usual hideouts.  :D

-SKA

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:38 am 

It wasnt immediately apparent but do they say if theyll ship overseas//UK ?

Maybe I am failing to comprehend websites

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:38 pm 

shadeun wrote in Comic Link Huge D&D auction:It wasn't immediately apparent but do they say if they'll ship overseas//UK ?

Maybe I am failing to comprehend websites

Yes, they do support International purchases/shipping.  They won't cover any additional charges, other than shipping costs, though.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:45 am 

How can we tell completeness or overall condition? I would like to bid on several items, but it seems like a dice roll.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:02 am 

Being that they run a pretty big auction service, I would expect that they would stake their reputation on making sure they items are described properly, and the pictures show the details, especially for the rarer items.

They also state this:

Money Back Guarantee
No refunds will be issued for items that have been graded, certified and encapsulated by a third party grading service such as CGC, CBCS and PGX. By purchasing an item graded by one of these services, the buyer is relying solely on these services to grade accurately, and ComicLink will have no liability with regards to anything sold on ComicLink.com that is certified and encapsulated by a third party. No refunds will be issued for original artwork. Buyers do have a money back guarantee for anything else purchased that is not graded by a third party grading service (such as comic books that are not certified and encapsulated) under the following conditions: 1) the buyer has paid on time, 2) the items are shipped back to ComicLink within 6 days of buyer's receipt, 3) the items are received back by ComicLink in the same condition within 10 days of buyer's receipt, 4) ComicLink agrees that there is an issue with the condition of the item or lot and agrees to a refund.

More info here:

https://www.comiclink.com/services.asp

This would likely be a safer way to purchase these items than through a random eBay seller.

You can always contact them to get more details too.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:35 pm 

I set up an account and I think I've read everything about their terms but I see no reference or mention to PayPal being accepted.  Anyone have any info on that?  I guess I could reach out to them but figured I'd ask here first.

-SKA

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:09 am 

I think they only accept credit card payments.  You have to have a credit card on file to bid.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:03 am 

They take bank transfer as well for no fees

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:08 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Comic Link Huge D&D auction:Does Comic Link normally sell D&D/RPG stuff or is this just a one off/collection they acquired?  I've never been to their site before so will add it to my list of places to look at like the Good Will and other not so usual hideouts.  :D

-SKA

I have it on very good authority that this was a single estate collection.

My guess is that with these results they may try to do more.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:34 pm 

Hello! My name is Elmer, and I have been collecting for about 40 years, so it was time to sell it. I sent about 500 items, and I still have quite a few items that I will be selling on eBay. I also keep the woodgrain box and some 1st Printing Greyhawk and other items, but not too much. It was my auction, and it went really well! I got around $80,000 for it, so was quite happy with it. They only charged 10%, so it was definitely a better deal than eBay, for sure. I am very happy with it! Anybody who wants to sell all or part of their collection, I would highly recommend Ross Kearney at comiclink.com.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:03 pm 

Hi Elmer!!

That was certainly a nice collection and I  thought you did quite well on the prices.  Plus the fees are much lower than Ebay and you don't have to do all of the work.  That is a huge win for you, Congrats!!

Neal

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:05 pm 

Greylake wrote in Comic Link Huge D&D auction:Hello! My name is Elmer, and I have been collecting for about 40 years, so it was time to sell it. I sent about 500 items, and I still have quite a few items that I will be selling on eBay. I also keep the woodgrain box and some 1st Printing Greyhawk and other items, but not too much. It was my auction, and it went really well! I got around $80,000 for it, so was quite happy with it. They only charged 10%, so it was definitely a better deal than eBay, for sure. I am very happy with it! Anybody who wants to sell all or part of their collection, I would highly recommend Ross Kearney at comiclink.com.

Hello Elmer,
I will definitely keep this in mind.
Congrats on the auctions!!

Mike

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:57 pm 

Thank you! I am glad the auction went so well. Keep comiclink.com in mind-it's a great place to put up anything D&D related.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:02 am 

Greylake wrote in Comic Link Huge D&D auction:Thank you! I am glad the auction went so well. Keep comiclink.com in mind-it's a great place to put up anything D&D related.

Thanks for clarifying for us! Congrats on the auction!

Out of curiosity, what  did you keep to sell on ebay? Did C-Link not want the other items or was it your decision?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:37 pm 

Greylake wrote in Comic Link Huge D&D auction:Hello! My name is Elmer, and I have been collecting for about 40 years, so it was time to sell it. I sent about 500 items, and I still have quite a few items that I will be selling on eBay. I also keep the woodgrain box and some 1st Printing Greyhawk and other items, but not too much. It was my auction, and it went really well! I got around $80,000 for it, so was quite happy with it. They only charged 10%, so it was definitely a better deal than eBay, for sure. I am very happy with it! Anybody who wants to sell all or part of their collection, I would highly recommend Ross Kearney at comiclink.com.

Hi Elmer
Nice auction indeed. The site is a tad clunky and didn't take a few of my last-minute bids, but I made it work ultimately. I guess I'm better used to eBay. I want to pay but I have some questions. I emailed ComicLink right after the auction and asked for a call, but no one reached out. Do you have a contact there? It's a big amount so I want to make sure it's all done properly on both sides.

Thanks

Last edited by gregory on Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next