Daystar West Rahasia Research and Discovery!
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:52 am 

laura_hickman wrote:Just thought you'd want to know that the earliest versions of Rahasia have the simple copyright with no address.  We got the p o box at someone's suggestion and we closed it when we moved and were no longer printing Rahasia.

I found a copy in the basement this week and am toying with the idea of putting it on Ebay. -- Laura H  8)

Wow... awesome.... and I'm broke... heh...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
Wow... awesome.... and I'm broke... heh...

Do NOT let him discourage you Laura!  Put it up for sale!  And let us know!  :compress:

And on a more civil note, welcome to the Acaeum!  We are honored.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:30 pm 

laura_hickman wrote:Just thought you'd want to know that the earliest versions of Rahasia have the simple copyright with no address.  We got the p o box at someone's suggestion and we closed it when we moved and were no longer printing Rahasia.

I found a copy in the basement this week and am toying with the idea of putting it on Ebay. -- Laura H  8)

Welcome to the Acaeum! Thanks for posting this info.

Since you are the original author and have a copy in hand, I would like to ask if the original Rahasia is written for the original D&D (OD&D) or AD&D? Since it is copyright 1979, I would have guessed AD&D, but Tracy has it listed as "D&D / Original" rather than AD&D on his website.

Other Role-playing Adventures : Tracy Hickman

Just curious, since I've never seen a copy.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:52 pm 

Put it up, many on here would be interested in getting one from the hands of the creator  :)

Me included  8)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:17 pm 

I once asked Tracy the "editions" question and he said AD&D 1e is the only version he ever played/ran.

Michael Falconer – http://oldschooltrek.proboards.com/
“Not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time.  The green earth, say you?  That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!” —J.R.R. Tolkien

WWW ICQ  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:38 pm 

I see one was listed yesterday... selling from Burlington, VT

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy Jeff,

My copy of Rahasia (8.5" X 11" and has double sided printing on pages 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 15/16 and 32/33) states:

RAHASIA
Copyright May 1979 Daystar West Media Productions

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

My copy of Pharaoh (8.5" X 11") states:

PHARAOH

Copyright May 1980 by Tracy and Laura Hickman
Daystar West Productions
834 E. 300 S. #7; Provo, Utah 84601

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Italics, caps, and spacing are shown as they are in the modules.

Futures Bright,

Paul

We have a copy of Pharaoh that has the same info listed above with a slight difference. Everything is the same except after Daystar West it has the word Media.

PHARAOH

Copyright May 1980 by Tracy and Laura Hickman
Daystar West Media Productions
834 E. 300 S. #7; Provo, Utah 84601

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Don't know if the word Media was left out of Paul's info or if this is a different print.

BTW: This copy of Pharaoh will be offered for sale or auction in the next couple of days.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Previous