Greyhawk First Print
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:31 pm 

I am always surprised first print Greyhawks dont sell quick, even at the price for condition. There are so few. I recall a Deities and Demigods being listed for some crazy price and the description included a line that said "so rare, most collectors will never own one." It was ridiculous. It doesnt seem ridiculous for the first print Greyahawk.

Then I have a reality check. I collect 90% DnD, and 10% is other things. Most folks collect 100% other things. They play DnD, but its 5e, and they dont even know the other stuff exists. Its just crazy to me a Pokemon card printed last year can sell for more than a white box set.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:11 pm 

Tszii wrote in Greyhawk First Print:I am always surprised first print Greyhawks dont sell quick, even at the price for condition. There are so few. I recall a Deities and Demigods being listed for some crazy price and the description included a line that said "so rare, most collectors will never own one." It was ridiculous. It doesnt seem ridiculous for the first print Greyahawk.

Then I have a reality check. I collect 90% DnD, and 10% is other things. Most folks collect 100% other things. They play DnD, but its 5e, and they dont even know the other stuff exists. Its just crazy to me a Pokemon card printed last year can sell for more than a white box set.

Completely agree. White boxes are underpriced, especially 4th and 5th prints. Their contribution to gaming history seems a lot higher than Pokemon cards too.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:35 am 

It has been (relatively) my worst buy getting a decent ("good") condition 5th print white box for ~$400 USD in 2019

So much other stuff has tripled/whatever. Should have just ponied up the cash for a 3rd print/woody (which I will never be able to afford now I guess).

example: I have some counter strike virtual game skins that i had lying around in my Steam account from 2015 that i bought for 50cents that i just sold for ~70-100 USD each (for approximately 700usd total).

Really in the scope of the collectors bull market, a lof of the "just" below the really top-stuff (like woody or the really rare modules) has done very poorly financially

(edit: in the scope of thinking about it my real mistake was getting a "good/VG" copy rather than getting something in better condition)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:47 am 

shadeun wrote in Greyhawk First Print:
example: I have some counter strike virtual game skins that i had lying around in my Steam account from 2015 that i bought for 50cents that i just sold for ~70-100 USD each (for approximately 700usd total).

My first response was GTFO. I had no idea. But that is so cool!