Finding enough money for rares (totally off topic)
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:56 am 
 

Just got to convince my other half that this is a good idea  :?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5562858638

But even if I do convince her, chances are she'll want to put the money in some sort of trust fund rather than my own D&D trust.  :roll:  

What's more likely is that I get to sleep on the sofa for a week. :(

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:04 am 
 

johnhuck wrote:Just got to convince my other half that this is a good idea :?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5562858638

But even if I do convince her, chances are she'll want to put the money in some sort of trust fund rather than my own D&D trust. :roll:

What's more likely is that I get to sleep on the sofa for a week. :(

Hrmm.... Highest bidder = Golden Palace Casino, yet again (the real one this time, I think)... No surprise, there!
404 Not Found

aside: They've only listed the auction under the "Slightly Weird" category in eBay's listings hierarchy, btw. *blinks*.

Could always auction off middle names as a compromise, I s'pose. ;)

(Oh, and you don't really want my personal thoughts on this kinda auction, btw).

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:07 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Could always auction off middle names as a compromise, I s'pose. ;)

Would have to go nicely with Genghis (or Genghisina).  :wink:

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:08 am 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Could always auction off middle names as a compromise, I s'pose. ;)

Would have to go nicely with Genghis (or Genghisina). :wink:

<....>

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 25, 2018
Location: Northeast

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:37 am 
 

I get a kick out of these ridiculous things and really can't believe people would plunk down that kind of money.

This Golden Palace Casino fella must be a billionaire or something....he throws money around like it's nothing.   What do you think the kids names will be??  Golden Casino or Golden Palace or something?

He was the winner of the advertising auction on that damsels +3 Ample Rack of Delight a while back I remember.    :twisted:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:39 am 
 

he also buys a bunch of warhammer stuff..... so he must lso be a gammer

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:17 pm 
 

How fucking STUPID can someone be? There is nothing saying the parents can't name the kids, then change the names.
You know, people wonder why I think the human race is doomed....


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:05 pm 
 

Completely correct Frank I was thinking the same thing, All they would have to do is re-file with the state for a name change (being the LEGAL guradians/ Parents in this case) and simply change the names. Winning the naming doesn't have a disclaimer saying they can't change the names at a latter date.  :?

BTW Frank, How'd that PRAYER go you had up awhile back?  :lol:  :lol:


"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:08 pm 
 

The guy who owns Golden Palace clearly falls into the category: More money than brains. :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Active Collector

Posts: 33
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2006
Location: Alexandria Va (DC Metro Area)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:43 pm 
 

OK how about this? I'll legally change my name in exchange for a complete or near complete set of OD&D Mint(Y) items (White box/woodgrain/Chanimail/etc etc.
And the deal is you can name me after your favorite D&D Module.
Mr. Keep Borderlands--middle name "of the"
Mr. Vault Drow
Oooo I got it, Mr. Tsojcanth!
Uh oh, I forgot about B3.....

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:54 pm 
 

belial418 wrote:OK how about this? I'll legally change my name in exchange for a complete or near complete set of OD&D Mint(Y) items (White box/woodgrain/Chanimail/etc etc.
And the deal is you can name me after your favorite D&D Module.
Mr. Keep Borderlands--middle name "of the"
Mr. Vault Drow
Oooo I got it, Mr. Tsojcanth!
Uh oh, I forgot about B3.....


For a complete set of everything, I'd take "Mr H1 through 4, sir" to my grave ;)


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1