Seattle/Tacoma Wa Collector/Gamers
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:33 pm 

Anybody here live in the Seattle/Tacoma area or the west coast of Washington State. Give me a holler as I am having gaming withdrawls 8O . Plus the shipping costs are murder on the bank account when its more than the item you just bought of Ebay.  Anyone?  :(  Kosh

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:50 pm 

I get up to Seattle and Portland about every other month... Email me and if we work out a trade or something I can hand deliver it on my next trip (March 12 Portland, March 13 Seattle).  So yes, I will fly in to help your gaming addiction! :)

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:35 pm 

Hey Jon, since you travel so much, get me a ride down to San Jose!! I don't wanna waste my money on gas  8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:05 pm 

ahhh...Let the MK wheelin and dealin begin.   :)  :lol:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:41 pm 

Heck ya Adam! Soon I will be all over the United States and maybe one day ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! :-D 8)  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:06 am 

Hey Mkman, pop me an email with your address again... I am all over the bay area as well as 'the world'... I'll be glad to give you a ride to the 'Jo on one of my journeys up and down the penninsula.  -Jon

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:30 am 

Jon, are you a CEO of a company or wut? I hope so because then I will know some "high class" guys.  Sure I'll send you an email with my address. Since you travel a lot, lets go hit up some rpg stores all along california and clean them out.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:52 pm 

I'm an exec in a small company but I just came from a larger company.  As for being high class... well... I will have to leave that to your judgement when we meet as opinions vary. :)  Part of my goal in life is to make gaming 'respectable' in the 'main stream'. I don't hide the fact that I like/collect games and will bring it up in conversation when people ask what I've been up to.  I DO get a lot of shocked/bemused looks but I find if you don't flinch, they won't attack the whole RPG stigma thing...    I do have a gamer-ish look to me (table muscle) but I often wear a suit to work and like to go into game stores wearing suit and tie and when the teenage clerk asks me if I need help finding anything I hit them with something like 'yeah, do guys cary any VTM: LARP stuff?  Mine got swiped at the last Clan Gathering!'  I either get excited cries of glee or the look of a teenager who realizes someone who could be their DAD speaks their secret language and so RPGs might not be 'alternative' enough for them anymore.  As for going on a tour of game shops with you.  HELL NO!  :) :) :)  From what I hear you're my most dire competition for finding good stuff on the face of the planet!  I've been forced to hire a staff of 50 Trained Bolivian Role Players and fly them to strategic gaming hubs around the country to search for stuff in game stores before you get there!  Once they report back and have secured a permiter, we'll talk. :)   (yeah, any time bud, just email me and we'll work something out)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:44 pm 

Do you have a private plane? If so let me know! We can hit prime rpg store locations throughout California much quicker on a plane. Also any loot we find is split 65 me 35 you. I get to choose wut I want first too :-D 8)  :wink:  :roll:  :twisted:  :o   Wut is gamer-ish look? When you say that I am either thinking of fat and stinky players or the skinny as a toothpick players. Which stereotype do you fit into? AND wut is table muscle?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:55 pm 

I don't have a plane.. but I think it would only be moderately useful.  Most game stores aren't near run ways and people tend to get jumpy about small planes coming in for unexpected landings in strip mall parking lots.... and as for that idea you had on how to split stuff up... See my above post about the Bolivian Role Playing Mercenaries!  A Gamerish look is... the look of someone who has spent many days and evenings bent over a table not moving much and eating lots of pizza and chips (ergo 'Table Muscle').  -Jon  [/quote]