OD&D 5th print question
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:54 pm 

I have what I think is a 5th printing set of OD&D. The box was lost some time in the 70s so it can’t be used to help I’d the actual print. The books have the proper references to hobbits, and ents on page 9 of the Men & Magic book BUT on the last page in the Men & Magic booklet the product list has prices. This site says product list with prices makes it 6th printing… Could this be a weird 6th print with the old references left in? Or a late 5th print with prices added… it would make more sense if the conflict was in 2 separate books! I can’t figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:30 pm 

Hello mserabian,

An educated guess would be that you likely have the contents from a 5th printing boxed set, which had a 6th printing Men & Magic book included.  This occurred at the end or beginning of the boxed set runs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:38 am 

Is the inside cover of the Men and Magic white? I assume its the same color as the outside of the cover.

But yes, its a mix matched box set. It only matters if you are trying to sell it. :) Still way cool to have and display.