The collections
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:16 pm 

One the cat topic, our two cats will SNUB any cat bed we get them.

The thing thjey LOVE sleeping on?  Plastic grocery bags.  They love 'em.  :roll:

And you wonder why the first cat's name is "Fish breath farty butt"  :D

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:22 pm 

Hmmm,

I should have clarified that despite the teeth marks and assorted chaos my cats inflict I am a complete and total cat lover!!!! :D

I have done quite a bit of volunteer work at homeless cat shelters and my wife and I have bottle fed dozens of orphaned kittens (two of which we have now).

My cat Frodo was raised from one day old and he is the coolest cat ever!!! (I secretly pretend that he is a familiar :D . . . but . . . umm. . . I'm still cool, right? :oops: )

In summary:

Cats Rule!! (Dogs Drool)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

(have to give myself some rolling eyes for this post)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:43 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote: (I secretly pretend that he is a familiar :D . . . but . . . umm. . . I'm still cool, right? :oops: )

There is a stray tom cat who walks beside my wife like they are adventuring companions...we call him our little familiar.  :roll:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:54 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Cats. The other white meat.

Dunno about the smaller kitties but I'd recommend coug, personally; except for the Hampshire variety, of course. ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:20 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:
What's up with cats and Shrinkwrap/protective bags anyway? I have four cats ( quick plug of their names: Tristan, Zed, Frodo and Devine) and they love to chew on the stuff. I have to throw out about a dozen or more bags a week because they get riddled with teeth marks. :)

You just have to know how to handle cats.  My girlfriend and I have four of them. Two males and two females. For the most part they are very well behaved. They can actually be trained to a certain extent. You just need a squirt bottle and really good aim. :twisted:  But I do have one female that thinks she is "Queen Shit" and does whatever she wants to. When she is in the "game room", she likes to investigate every nook and cranny. If she tries to paw or chew on something, I just give her a look and point to the squirt bottle and she takes off like her tail was on fire.

"Cats, the other white meat."  8O You guys are just plain sick.  :wink:

How to "handle a cat"

1.  Carefully remove the skin.
2.  Tenderize with a mallet (using bare hands is more gratifying....step two while the cat is still animate can be even more gratifying... :twisted:  :wink: ).
3.  Roll in salt and paparika.
4.  Boil water one large pot of water.
5.  Add diced onions, whole garlic bulbs, chopped carrots, sliced celery, peeeled potatos, vinegar, red wine, and brown sugar to water and simmer for 5 minutes.
6.  Add craven feline to the mix and simmer for an additional 30 minutes (more or less to taste).
7.  Drain water.
8.  Baste with favorite sauce (I prefer a nice sweet and sour).
9.  Serve on a platter with a cherry tomato in mouth.
10.  Enjoy.
11. Oh yeah..if you still feel the need, you may spray with a water bottle.

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:50 pm 

Interesting turn that this thread has taken. CAT FOOD. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:19 pm 

And no one has said anything about our favourite feline friend...

... the cougar ...

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:22 pm 

rosenkav wrote:And no one has said anything about our favourite feline friend...

... the cougar ...

:D

harami2000 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Cats. The other white meat.

Dunno about the smaller kitties but I'd recommend coug, personally; except for the Hampshire variety, of course. ;)

Ya think we'd miss out da concolorous feline? :P

(Even if we're not gonna make him "guest of honor" at the feast...).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:23 pm 

rosenkav wrote:And no one has said anything about our favourite feline friend...... the cougar ...

It is a well known fact that wild Cougars make bad meals.
Domesticated animals (Yes, even kitty's) are not so tuff to chew and are quite juicy when roasted over a spit for the right amount of time.....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Previous