The collections
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:50 am 

I have seen Invincible Overlord's samples and I thoroughly blush with my puny attempt, but...

... I thought it might be interesting for you folk to see what other people have in their homes, how their collection is and so on - to let know each other better maybe. We are here to share, right?

And so, I begin with mine - here is my smallish collection of items, d&d and other stuff, and how does it look.

Yahoo!

Just step in and go to "RPG stuff"

You will notice also the collection of swords standing right and left to it, just to make everyone know I will defend my books... and I have the means.  :lol:

So, you are welcome to... ehm... show off yours as you wish.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:54 am 

rosenkav wrote:So, you are welcome to... ehm... show off yours as you wish.

nice collection there! nothing to be ashamed of at all! thats more than i have (for now), but its what it means to you really isnt it?

good one! :)

i will put some pics up of mine when i get some shelving organised and make some sense of what i have :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:09 am 

Cool pictures, nice collection.  8)
Now I need to post some pictures myself soon. Not today though, no time.

Invincible Overlord's collection would make almost all of us blush. And it would (I am sure) hold it's own against ANY D&D collection out there.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:when i get some shelving organised and make some sense of what i have :)

Exactly what I need to do.  I currently have it all carefully organised in one room.  But a lot of it is spread over the floor. 8O  :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:27 am 

Well, Currently because of space constraints, my collection is currently residing in 12 large Xerox paper boxes, so it wouldn't be much to look at right now if I took pictures. :oops:

The hing about invinceble's collection isn't just quanity, it is the feckin quality. He owns at least 1 of just about every Rare that there is. 8O Incredible.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:30 am 

Maybe u haven't noticed, but in the 1st edition pic, right under the Ferrari, there's an H1 half concealed...

... and cougar won't have it  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:17 am 

right the room is a dump but i have managed to get about 3/4 of what i have together to let ya see what i have (or lack thereof) - will update my pics when the rest of my stuff arrives thats in transit (and will quadruple what i have).....

so here goes:

404 Not Found

the D&D stuff is on the bottom left shelf.

404 Not Found

i need to sort this lot but won't bother til the rest of my stuff arrives...

unless someone fancies coming and sorting it all out for me? :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:53 am 

don't see my crappy brown box in there killjoy... it show up yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:18 am 

draco76 wrote:don't see my crappy brown box in there killjoy... it show up yet?

feckin joking! that will take a while yet chummer! i plan to use it as a cat litter tray :)

and by the way, where i was stood taking a pic, there was stuff behind me too and frankly i just couldnt be arsed moving it so   :roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:31 am 

ah well me and the cat boy had a few words this morning lol; he emailed me bitching about what i've said about him here.  Guy needs to grow some ballz and post here.... He still swears his used stamp purchase's are for collecting lol.  Maybe I need to send him some kitty litter, maybe he's all backed up because the littler box is full?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:34 am 

draco76 wrote:ah well me and the cat boy had a few words this morning lol; he emailed me bitching about what i've said about him here. Guy needs to grow some ballz and post here.... He still swears his used stamp purchase's are for collecting lol. Maybe I need to send him some kitty litter, maybe he's all backed up because the littler box is full?

well i abstain from commenting cos i get on very well with him and don't have any beef's with him etc :)

quite pleased how my collection has grown tho - took less then 6 months that....not bad really (for me anyway)  :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:38 am 

killjoy, your collection looks quite impressive to me.

I began mastering when I was a young (nerdy) boy - some 25 years ago, and so it grew quite slow... but constantly.

How much $$$ have u spent on it?

(and we won't tell to your significant other, of course).

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 am 

rosenkav wrote:killjoy, your collection looks quite impressive to me.

I began mastering when I was a young (nerdy) boy - some 25 years ago, and so it grew quite slow... but constantly.

How much $$$ have u spent on it?

(and we won't tell to your significant other, of course).

in all honesty i have NO idea how much - i don't think i even WANT to know :)

shit...if i told my girlfriend how much i think she really would kill me! mind you i have to say that along the way i have had some help from great contacts who have put the odd thing my way and even traded for the chance of me having something cool (in my mind anyway)....as in Draco, mbassoc2003 and aneoth - all top guys who i would recommend dealing with anyday!

for me tho, it never was about the money, sure i buy and sell too, but the core was about "I HAVE TO HAVE THAT ITEM" and i will keep at it til i have it. thats why she calls me obsessive. chances are if i get one, i will want three :D

bearing in mind as well i sold my WHOLE collection 5 years ago now when i got divorced. this i started back up again about 6 mths or so ago. i get tons of satisfaction from what i get and its great to be part of this site, albeit in a very small way, but you know what i mean....  :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i need to sort this lot but won't bother til the rest of my stuff arrives...unless someone fancies coming and sorting it all out for me? :)
You pay shipping both ways and I will volunteer. I am quite heavy though, so it will cost a lot.
Of course, you might be able to borrow some of kittys stamps, since your such good buds, I am sure he wont mind........  :)
Staple them all over 8O and walla! shipping paid.... :wink:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 am 

johnhuck wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:when i get some shelving organised and make some sense of what i have :)

Exactly what I need to do. I currently have it all carefully organised in one room. But a lot of it is spread over the floor. 8O :oops:

Be careful with that John:  I was actively organizing some stuff on the shelves in our apt, and Heather stepped on my once-mint copy of Night Below, punching in one corner of the box lid :(

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:57 am 

grodog wrote:
johnhuck wrote:
Exactly what I need to do. I currently have it all carefully organised in one room. But a lot of it is spread over the floor. 8O :oops:

Be careful with that John: I was actively organizing some stuff on the shelves in our apt, and Heather stepped on my once-mint copy of Night Below, punching in one corner of the box lid :(

oh the joy! my daughter sat on a pile of six/seven nice box sets to draw something....and they were ruined (so i gave them to my other daughter as a present).... *sigh*  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:59 am 

Aneoth wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i need to sort this lot but won't bother til the rest of my stuff arrives...unless someone fancies coming and sorting it all out for me? :)
You pay shipping both ways and I will volunteer. I am quite heavy though, so it will cost a lot.
Of course, you might be able to borrow some of kittys stamps, since your such good buds, I am sure he wont mind........ :)
Staple them all over 8O and walla! shipping paid.... :wink:

good buds?! er i think not lil-puppy - i just get stuff from him and thats that. period. no point ruining a good contact if there is no need to!

and knowing our postal service john, you would end up in japan if you were mailed here :)

oh btw sorting/catalog sorted - my daughter has offered to do it ! YAY!  :lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:03 pm 

I have a similar problem with our 2 Beagles and the cat...... they tend to run all over the place, chasing each other and cutting sharp corners, stopping and/or twisting on a dime, etc.

That sort of extracurricular activity tends to make mincemeat of nice looking modules and such stuff lying about on the floor..

And it's not always the Beagles doing the chasing either.  :? The cat's nickname is Cujo-Fang.....  :twisted: 8O

He often passes the time in partial concealment behind a chair, or a  table, waiting for the next unsuspecting victim to turn the corner and then POUNCE!  :o Your dead meat.... :lol:

Next