Fake hologram stickers are not ligit. Dont buy them on ebay.
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:18 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Fake hologram stickers are not ligit. Dont buy them on ebay.:I got burned by this scam.  It really changed the way that I approach pursuing unknown ephemera for my collection.

Was the seller's address in NJ? If so and you are somewhat close to the area and can go to that state (or possibly file through your state if there's a "long arm" statute), I think you could file in small claims court against them. I realize that you'd have to pay initial costs to file and serve them.

Also, if you paid by your cc maybe check with them and see what the time limit is on charge backs? It's worth a look into.

This kind of stuff makes me angry too.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:13 pm 

misterspock wrote in Fake hologram stickers are not ligit. Dont buy them on ebay.:
Was the seller's address in NJ? If so and you are somewhat close to the area and can go to that state (or possibly file through your state if there's a "long arm" statute), I think you could file in small claims court against them. I realize that you'd have to pay initial costs to file and serve them.

Also, if you paid by your cc maybe check with them and see what the time limit is on charge backs? It's worth a look into.

This kind of stuff makes me angry too.

Thanks for the advice.  I don’t remember the seller’s state, but it was definitely the seller which distributed the first wave of these items (at least on eBay).  I did what I could at the time to recoup the money that I spent, but it ended up just becoming a fairly expensive life lesson.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:22 pm 

The seller sold about $3K or more of the stickers before they were shut down, so you weren't alone in being scammed.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:56 pm 

Tszii wrote in Fake hologram stickers are not ligit. Dont buy them on ebay.:Seeing that logo on a building, in my neighborhood, a couple months after all this, was crazy. I get a weekly reminder now. Its karma for starting this thread right? :)

Hey, I was thinking maybe you could change the thread name to include specific words about the fake hologram stickers. This would be for the future in case anyone searches for the information that wasn't aware of what "Blaine" and others were doing in this scam.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:08 pm 

Look what's back...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

They might have already sold at least couple:

Vintage TSR Dungeon & Dragons 80’s Decal Sticker Deities Demigods RARE Internal  | eBay

It's possible this seller picked these up off of someone and is reselling them.  The list is still shady, regardless.  We'll see if they come up with some more.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:32 pm 

dbartman wrote in Fake hologram stickers are not ligit. Dont buy them on ebay.:Look what's back...

They might have already sold at least couple:

Vintage TSR Dungeon & Dragons 80’s Decal Sticker Deities Demigods RARE Internal  | eBay

It's possible this seller picked these up off of someone and is reselling them.  The list is still shady, regardless.  We'll see if they come up with some more.

Saw that. Contacted seller without response and reported to eBay. Obviously the scammer. Likely the same one, but maybe not. Either way I think eBay is responsible for not acting on reports fast, or at all.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:00 pm 

Looks like one sold within the past month.

I think they might be trying to be clever with the ebay listing. The title says "Vintage" but in the listing description, they have it checked as "Brand New"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:19 am 

Watch out…

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:17 pm 

The seller codesofthestreet101 has indicated that they are going to remove the listings, now that they are aware that they are fakes.  That was the honorable thing to do.

No additional information on how they acquired them yet.

Previous