Ghost Tower of Inverness #83 Collectors Edition Almost Over!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:23 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Yes, I already brought this up to the board - there is no doubt this auction is simply for the Ghost Tower . . . and some extra "packing" paper. :)

Calling any module "packing paper" makes me cry. ;)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:05 am 

... and there I was getting no sleep when I saw it only an hour after it was listed. The guy definitely didn't know about it 'cause he um'd and ah'd about my BIN of $175, 8O

There would have been a dead forum member if he'd said yes...

Sophisticated search engine of :"ghost tower of inverness"; for anyone interested I'll sell you the spelling... :roll: ..or you can PM me for a BIN  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:54 am 

LOL, I remember when you guys used to blast me for asking sellers for a BIN. Is that the standard now?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:00 am 

i guess this is why i never seem to get any of the good stuff! reckon i should do more of the same! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:02 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:... and there I was getting no sleep when I saw it only an hour after it was listed. The guy definitely didn't know about it 'cause he um'd and ah'd about my BIN of $175, 8O

Sophisticated search engine of :"ghost tower of inverness"; for anyone interested I'll sell you the spelling... :roll: ..or you can PM me for a BIN lol:

Too bad, maybe if you had offered him only about $50 he would have went for it!  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:29 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Too bad, maybe if you had offered him only about $50 he would have went for it! :D

"Long live ethical collecting"! :twisted:

Worryingly, that's probably close to the mark (and was gonna say the same to yourself in this case, I think; was $300, no?).
High offers quite often appear to raise suspicions, unless they're backed up by pointers to "similar" auctions, etc.
The trick would be to get that low offer in quickly enough and not have a half-dozen others on your tail (in which case a higher offer slightly later might work...).
Hrmm.... Anyone for mind-reading? :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:13 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:... and there I was getting no sleep when I saw it only an hour after it was listed. The guy definitely didn't know about it 'cause he um'd and ah'd about my BIN of $175, 8O

Sophisticated search engine of :"ghost tower of inverness"; for anyone interested I'll sell you the spelling... :roll: ..or you can PM me for a BIN :lol:
I offered him not too long after it went up a BIN of $100 to $150, which he said no to, then I tried a BIN of $300.00, which he was clearly tempted by, but still said no to. I decided from there that any further offers would make him incredibly suspicious(which he was already because he inquired as to why I was so interested in his auction), so I just decided to stick it out and hope nobody else would notice. Unfortunately that did not happen in this case and A2jeff ended up winning for $1338.00. 8O I did not want to bid on it until the end, because I didn't want to be anybody's personal search engine. :twisted: After I saw your bid Adder, I figured that it was over for me, but then it just hung at such a low price until like 4 hours before the auction ended, where it got annouced here. From there, I knew I was done then because I knew Aneoth was fully aware of the auction.  I just cancelled my snipe knowing full well I would not be able to outbid him and I did not want to push the price up on him. Oh well, maybe next time. :(

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:10 pm 

The days of sneaking bids in on high-end stuff are over. Too many eyes.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:35 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The days of sneaking bids in on high-end stuff are over. Too many eyes.

*nods to that* :(

(well, as far as eBay goes, in general...)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:05 pm 

I received #83 yesterday, and I must say it's probably been handled 2-3 times total!   :P   It has now been registered with Scott.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:09 pm 

a2jeff wrote:I received #83 yesterday, and I must say it's probably been handled 2-3 times total!  :P  It has now been registered with Scott.

Geez, rub it in why don't you.   :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:58 pm 

Nice one Jeff.  :D  May I ask how far off you are from having all the $1000+ modules? Just from my memeroy you can't be that far off.  8O  8)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:40 pm 

He has all but Pharaoh and St1.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:25 am 

That's quite accurate Frank.  I'm sure I have nowhere near the collections IO, Frank, harami, Paul, etc. have  :)

Clarkie, by my post I was trying to put some finality on the fake 2nd chance offers going around on this one....probably shoud post it on the other thread.  Hopefully ebay has shut down that Marquez9500 character  8)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:27 am 

a2jeff wrote:That's quite accurate Frank. I'm sure I have nowhere near the collections IO, Frank, harami, Paul, etc. have :)
Clarkie, by my post I was trying to put some finality on the fake 2nd chance offers going around on this one....probably shoud post it on the other thread. Hopefully ebay has shut down that Marquez9500 character 8)

My congrats also on your newest aquisition. Nice. 8)

I doubt That E-Bay cares about Marquez though.... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:58 am 

a2jeff wrote:Clarkie, by my post I was trying to put some finality on the fake 2nd chance offers going around on this one....probably shoud post it on the other thread. Hopefully ebay has shut down that Marquez9500 character 8)

Oh, I know, just teasing.   :wink:  

Aneoth wrote: I doubt That E-Bay cares about Marquez though.... :roll:

Well. if its any consulation to everyone marquez is no longer aregistered user.  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:35 am 

a2jeff wrote:That's quite accurate Frank. I'm sure I have nowhere near the collections IO, Frank, harami, Paul, etc. have :)

*coughs and falls over*

<...>

*recovers and quickly gets on the hotline to Beelzebub*, per
Artist help • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

WHAT??? D'you mean I can only have a Tsojconth or a Tamo?
Damn, damn, damn.... decisions.... :twisted:

=
Congrats on that latest acquisition in a fair fight, Jeff! :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:24 pm 

Clarkie, by my post I was trying to put some finality on the fake 2nd chance offers going around on this one....probably shoud post it on the other thread. Hopefully ebay has shut down that Marquez9500 character 8)

As way of followup, I didn't have a bite to my "offer" through the email address Marquez left. I think it was because I was pretending I was Aneoth and I had to tell him I switched email addresses (so I could use a fake one instead of Aneoth's real one), and also Aneoth had already replied to him asking for more info so it made my sudden offer look suspicious.  Anyway, I'm still on the lookout to scam any second offer scammers so anyone getting a bogus 2nd chance offer on RPG stuff please forward the offer or PM me through the forum and I'll try it again....hoepfully I can waste their time with idiotic questions and string them along enough to give us all a good laugh or two when I post the correspondence.

Mike B.

PreviousNext