Ghost Tower of Inverness #83 Collectors Edition Almost Over!
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:45 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 93551&rd=1

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:48 pm 

Aenoth..."It must be MINE!" :D

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:48 pm 

Ahh, you were the one I was most afraid finding this auction. :wink: You always seem to find the good stuff. :wink: I had my eye on it for the whole week, but couldn't get the seller to close early. :evil: The cats already out of the bag though, because TerminalFrost posted it in interesting items just before you did. Oh well, I am rooting for Aneoth now. :D BTW, it looks like it is in pretty sweet condition, its even still in it original plastic bag. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Ahh, you were the one I was most afraid finding this auction. :wink: You always seem to find the good stuff. :wink: I had my eye on it for the whole week, but couldn't get the seller to close early. :evil: The cats already out of the bag though, because TerminalFrost posted it in interesting items just before you did. Oh well, I am rooting for Aneoth now. :D BTW, it looks like it is in pretty sweet condition, its even still in it original plastic bag. :D

It's a curse. I find all this good stuff and I have already blown all my money on low to mid range stuff. I guess I am going for quantity over quality right now. I am not sure how it slipped by me all week but then again it has been a busy week here.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:00 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:Aenoth..."It must be MINE!" :D

Well.... best of luck my friend.... 8)
I do not snipe, so it can certainly be had from me at the last second, as many items I bid on are.... :(

But to do so, you will have to come up with a large Bag of Holding filled with copper pieces....  Luckily for you, your a big critter and so you should be able to carry that much Copper around with you.

or you could pay the tab with Platinum D20's..... :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:06 am 

Funniest thing about this auction is the fact that when I went to bed last night, It has a high bid of $71.00. :lol: Since it was posted by Frost and Marlinth, it has gone from $425.00, now its all the way up to $820.00. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:26 am 

wow 8O  8O

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:28 am 

morgansurname wrote:wow 8O 8O

I think when that seller gets his auction total his is going to pass out. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:31 am 

No kidding!!  I was hoping to sneak this one by but clearly everyone has some sophisticated sieve techniques.  I knew it was flying under the radar when the view counter was at 200+ and there were only a couple bids.  Anyway, glad to see another previously undocumented Ghost Tower surface!   :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:38 am 

bclarkie wrote:
morgansurname wrote:wow 8O 8O

I think when that seller gets his auction total his is going to pass out. :wink:

I know I would.......

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:45 am 

a2jeff wrote:No kidding!! I was hoping to sneak this one by but clearly everyone has some sophisticated sieve techniques. I knew it was flying under the radar when the view counter was at 200+ and there were only a couple bids. Anyway, glad to see another previously undocumented Ghost Tower surface! :)
Nice Win Jeff, although it went for a lot more than I thought it would. I was figuring around $800.00 or so. I was wondering if anyone knows who Gygax is?   could it be? 8O

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:55 am 

bclarkie wrote: Nice Win Jeff, although it went for a lot more than I thought it would. I was figuring around $800.00 or so. I was wondering if anyone knows who Gygax is?  could it be? 8O

Yep, I too thought $800 might do it too, hence by highest bid amount....
Nice win Jeff..... :D   dangit...... :cry:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:14 am 

bclarkie wrote:I think when that seller gets his auction total his is going to pass out. :wink:

Better alert eBay they might have a deceased customer.  :P

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:16 am 

Gygax is not THE Gygax. He used to post on the forum quite a while ago.   Maybe he will resurface here and share more of his insight.

Congrats on the win Jeff  :evil:   j/k

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:27 am 

Thanks everyone, hopefully it turns out to be as minty mint as it appears!   :wink:  Having the ziploc with it is a (small) bonus as well.

I thought someone said that the ebay Gygax was actually his son or brother, but perhaps I have that confused with someone else.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:25 am 

a2jeff wrote:Thanks everyone, hopefully it turns out to be as minty mint as it appears!  :wink: Having the ziploc with it is a (small) bonus as well.

I thought someone said that the ebay Gygax was actually his son or brother, but perhaps I have that confused with someone else.

Just out of curiousity, how would the Valuation board tag this one?  The final auction total was $1338 for what is obstensibly a "lot", but does anyone really think the other items in this auction (Shadis mag, Q1, B1, etc) added anything to the proceedings?  IMO it should be $1338 paid for a Ghost Tower Tournament module, forget the rest. Right?

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:34 am 

Yes, I already brought this up to the board - there is no doubt this auction is simply for the Ghost Tower . . . and some extra "packing" paper. :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:05 am 

I agree, and would round it down to $1300.  The other items do have value and I could certainly sell them for real $, but clearly 98%+ of the value is in Ghost Tower.

Next