Different Versions of Modules.. Anyone track these?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:23 am 

Fellow Collectors... I'm finally sorting through my haul and for the first time I've noticed something about my 1st Ed AD&D modules.  There are obviously different print runs going on and I mean more than 'Mono' and 'Color' Covers.  Small things like the TSR logo will be in a different place, fonts/typefaces are different... sometimes copyright dates change.  The 'content' appears 100% the same but I haven't really gone through them in detail.    My question is, does anyone know the difference between module/accessory flavors? (i've noticed the same on some PHBRs)  Okay, now before you go thinking I'm a complete anal ninny, I know it probably DOESN'T matter for 99.9% of the reasons we all collect but then again, it is interesting and I wonder if the different print runs are due to UK printing or regional printing or just simply different runs at the local Lake Geneva print shop.  I have never seen references as to printings for the 'non rare' items.  Is anything like this online somewhere?  -Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:11 am 

What the ? Are you talking about about the different printings of modules, etc? The acaeum is chock full of information about all the different printings.   Go take a extensive look on acaeum and you can notice the hard effort Scott and the people who submitted info did. We have guys that found a different printing due to the size inconsistency of a module, little changes in the content, minute additions, etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:17 pm 

JonOakes wrote:I know it probably DOESN'T matter for 99.9% of the reasons we all collect
 Hey Jon,  Kuo is right, much of the Acaeum is geared towards catalogueing print runs of everything pre 2nd Edition. Not everyone is interested in collecting print runs however. Some guys only game, others collect specific items, some collect everything...  Check out the print run info on this site and check out the early topic about what guys like to collect specifically.  Later. Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:40 pm 

This is one of those times where I wish I used an alias instead of my real name.  :oops:   SORRY SORRY SORRY...  It's so painfully obvious now it hurts... Okay here's the story.. my dumb twin brother actually came over to my house and posted that dumb message because actually *I* would never be so oblivious to obvious info like that...  Although thank you for responding to the message, *I* of course already knew that....  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:   -Jon (the real one.. not the dummy one... yeah, I can't tell the difference sometimes either :lol: )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:08 pm 

Hey Jon,  Is your twin brothers name JO OAKES? :lol:   :wink: j/k Later. Adam ps Table muscle= :lol:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:56 pm 

Or Jon Noakes?  Wheres Shep??   Cheers, Malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:10 am 

...Okay who do I have to bribe to delete this thread completely and save me from myself?  :lol:  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:31 am 

Too late Jon or is it the twin Jo? Were all laughing at ya! 8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:43 pm 

Ok quit laughing or I toss this copy of Vampyr in the shredder!  (just kidding guys... please no one have a heart attack)  See, this whole mix up was me not understanding that there were LINKS on a page (I should say my mentally challenged evil twin brother).  I think it's an honest mistake and should be forgotten... really.  Stop laughing... now.    Think of something else to help you stop laughing....  STARVING PEOPLE IN AFRICA!  WAR! FAMINE! PESTILENCE!  PEOPLE WHO OPEN PRE-1989 SHRINKWRAP MODULES JUST TO READ THEM! AND WRITE THEIR NAMES ON THE COVER! IN PEN!  MOLD!  GAME STORES THAT ONLY SELL 3E AND "TOSSED" EVERYTHING ELSE THE WEEK BEFORE YOU CAME IN!  CREASED COVERS!  GETTING SNIPED ON EBAY 1 SECOND BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDS FOR 50 CENTS OVER YOUR LAST BID!  PDF VERSIONS OF YOUR COLLECTION ON KAZAA!  DISCOVERING THERE ARE MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF ALL THE MODULES YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO COLLECT!  If you're still laughing, you're a heartless soul...  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:41 pm 

Why should I laugh at those things when I can laugh at you and your "twin"?  Famine is not funny neither is war, etc. Your funny :-D hhahahah j/k.