MicroCosmos
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:16 am 

Question for Frank.  How far did you eventually get with this proposal?  Was it something that was submitted and you never heard back or did formal discussions take place?  Intrigued by the process.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

-SKA

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:22 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in MicroCosmos:How far did you eventually get with this proposal?

They weren't interested.

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:12 pm 

fwiw, whoever stole and/or sold that (from WotC files) had no right to do so. :(

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:05 pm 

The seller indicates it was acquired as part of a huge Dungeons & Dragons collection and states that "The original owner worked at the company that made D&D stuff".  Since this copy belonged to Keith Francis Strohm, it's likely this came from his collection, at least originally.

I purchased quite a few items off of Keith in the mid-2000's through Sue Cook.  She was helping him sell off items from his collection.  I did not know if this item was sold at that time, since it wasn't discussed.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:09 pm 

I think the seller may have mentioned to me that the collection he is auctioning off was from a TSR insider.  Who that may be I have no idea.  There is another interesting item he has up for sale…

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

That has a forgotten realms story proposal with it.  Maybe that could give a clue as to who’s collection it is.

Edit: just saw Doug’s response which clarifies possible ownership.

-SKA

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:04 am 

ExTSR wrote in MicroCosmos:fwiw, whoever stole and/or sold that (from WotC files) had no right to do so. :(

This is an interesting point. Does the current owner have a right to sell this? ExTsr's quote here is quite damning but perhaps the seller has a perfect right to sell it. eBay take a dim view on listing stolen items of course but this item may be legally owned.
Interesting stuff in any case

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:18 am 

Looking at the pictures more, were there originally 3 copies of the proposal made?  

-SKA

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:31 pm 

gyg wrote in MicroCosmos:This is an interesting point. Does the current owner have a right to sell this? ExTsr's quote here is quite damning but perhaps the seller has a perfect right to sell it. eBay take a dim view on listing stolen items of course but this item may be legally owned.
Interesting stuff in any case

Given the year of production i would not worry too much... This could be a crisp case of usucapion.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:21 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in MicroCosmos:Looking at the pictures more, were there originally 3 copies of the proposal made?  

-SKA
.i
Seller says he has 3 and this one is sold. If it were me I'd start the next one off at 99.99 but as an auction not a BIN.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.