Most Annoying Retailer of the Year...Done Up Right!!!!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:54 am 

Hey Paul (Guido).

I left feedback (finally) on that problem lot.  I wanted to mention the story, but thought better of it.  The transaction started out rocky, but I have to say, you made good on all promises.  Thanks for that.  

P.S.  Looking at your bidding/selling, I am impressed.  But when do you have time for another job and family?  :wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:40 am 

I've never dealt with Cougar - his reputation proceeded him, so I never bothered.  What really astounds me is his prodgious bidding - how the hell does he bankroll all those purchases?  Maybe he figures that one copy of H1 he keeps putting up on eBay will cover it all . . .  It would explain why his reserve is never met . . .

As for Maxwell, his behavior here was more than enough to keep me from dealing with him.  I've always made it policy to avoid people who threaten to rape and then kill, or worse still kill then rape others . . .

I always found Game Emporium's prices were always ridiculously high, so I never bothered dealing with them.  

I think Guido is the odd man out in this group.  I've dealt with him a number of times and have always found him a pleasure to deal with.  I can honestly say, I've never stopped to read any of the fiction included in the item descriptions - so I can't comment on it.  Still, I'm always willing to accept anyone's idosyncrasies as long as their honest and professional.

Glad you've joined us Guido.

The Egg

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:44 am 

sorry to bring this thread up once more guys, but i just wanted to mention something i just spotted (which i don't ever tend to look for). i remember bclarkie bringing this up yesterday. i don't mind bidding for things and don;t ever begrudge someone putting a small handling fee on something for stuff, hell everyone does, so thats ok. what does piss me off, is the extent they go to with it.

i have just won a load of items off crazy egor, which fair enough, i got quite cheap (34 items). so i got invoiced and he gave me three shipping options, airmail $84.32 (ins incl.), surface $68.75 (ins incl.) and airmail sack, which i assume is m-bag $59.70 (no ins.)

i picked the last option, cos the items are not expensive, in fact the 34 items add to $46.93, so the shipping is more than the items!!!

however, when i go and look at one of his auctions, which i admittedly didnt notice before, i see the following: "handling is $2 plus $0.90 for each additional item thereafter"... so on this lot, makes a whopping total of $31.70 !!! 8O (which is actually MORE than the feckin shipping charge!!!!!! WTF is THAT all about??!!)

well no i am sorry, but is it just me that thinks that is just totally taking the piss?

i just wanted to let everyone know. just have a care when making a "large" purchase off crazy egor. while he's fine to deal with and you can get "cheap" items from him, once everything is taken into account, it doesnt end up being cheap at all. this is my third purchase from him and will be my last now and my feedbacks will reflect such "when the right time cometh"

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:02 am 

ECC/TGE = Scum Bucket
Maxwell/Maxine = Head case
Coug = Shady Dealer
Guido = Different

ECC/TGE wins. Although if Maxwell ever showed on my doorstep and told me that it was him on my steps, I'd have to do a pre-emptive strike on his a$$ to protect myself and my family.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:08 am 

Keep in mind that Maxwell was hardly a retailer . . . . just a "somewhat unbalanced" guy trying to get rid of his collection.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:sorry to bring this thread up once more guys, but i just wanted to mention something i just spotted (which i don't ever tend to look for). i remember bclarkie bringing this up yesterday. i don't mind bidding for things and don;t ever begrudge someone putting a small handling fee on something for stuff, hell everyone does, so thats ok. what does piss me off, is the extent they go to with it.

i have just won a load of items off crazy egor, which fair enough, i got quite cheap (34 items). so i got invoiced and he gave me three shipping options, airmail $84.32 (ins incl.), surface $68.75 (ins incl.) and airmail sack, which i assume is m-bag $59.70 (no ins.)

i picked the last option, cos the items are not expensive, in fact the 34 items add to $46.93, so the shipping is more than the items!!!

however, when i go and look at one of his auctions, which i admittedly didnt notice before, i see the following: "handling is $2 plus $0.90 for each additional item thereafter"... so on this lot, makes a whopping total of $31.70 !!! 8O (which is actually MORE than the feckin shipping charge!!!!!! WTF is THAT all about??!!)

well no i am sorry, but is it just me that thinks that is just totally taking the piss?

i just wanted to let everyone know. just have a care when making a "large" purchase off crazy egor. while he's fine to deal with and you can get "cheap" items from him, once everything is taken into account, it doesnt end up being cheap at all. this is my third purchase from him and will be my last now and my feedbacks will reflect such "when the right time cometh"

Al

were they different auctions?  If he had it his fee's clearly posted he's not at fault.. If it was an auction for bulk items then ya thats bs...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:35 pm 

draco76 wrote:were they different auctions? If he had it his fee's clearly posted he's not at fault.. If it was an auction for bulk items then ya thats bs...

yeah it was quoted clearly. i am not holding him at fault for that. i just didnt realise...i tend to go tunnel-visioned when getting things - thats impulse  for you :)

hes effectively doing the same thing as tonyas-games...he has "employees to pay" and henceforth justifies it that way, as well as "having to pay paypal fees and ebay fees"....ummmm i thought that wasnt allowed chummer...THAT is why i was so pissed off with it...

anyway no worries. you live and learn - i just won't buy a thing from him again thats all. no biggie :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:38 pm 

Quoted clearly or not, substanitally overcharging for s&h is feckin BS. Just my opinion.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:44 pm 

lol you and your tunnel vision is gonna get ya in trouble some day lol.

I should toss a silver collectors box out there with a $10 BIN but with a $1,000 shipping charge clearly stated (Non-Neg) That would be some serious killjoy bait :D

Like a big mouse trap, he is focused on the cheese.... WACK!

$$$$ muhaha

Thing is with ebays stupid policys you might even be able to get away with it  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:50 pm 

draco76 wrote:lol you and your tunnel vision is gonna get ya in trouble some day lol.

I should toss a silver collectors box out there with a $10 BIN but with a $1,000 shipping charge clearly stated (Non-Neg) That would be some serious killjoy bait :D

Like a big mouse trap, he is focused on the cheese.... WACK!

$$$$ muhaha

Thing is with ebays stupid policys you might even be able to get away with it :twisted:

dya know what? i used to like you...oh for about 3 seconds :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:01 pm 

:( I'm hurt :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:10 pm 

that brown box ever show up?  if not thats the last time I do that air bag, not worth the extra cash.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:18 pm 

draco76 wrote:that brown box ever show up? if not thats the last time I do that air bag, not worth the extra cash.

not yet chummer :)

chargeback chargeback here we come (he sings) :)

nah it will turn up soon mate don't worry about it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:25 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
draco76 wrote:that brown box ever show up? if not thats the last time I do that air bag, not worth the extra cash.

not yet chummer :)

chargeback chargeback here we come (he sings) :)

nah it will turn up soon mate don't worry about it.

Al

Hey Al!!

You package is enroute.   Surface is slow as hell.   Let me know when it shows.   Also send me a list of the JG stuff you need.  

Anyone else had problems getting through UK (or any European) customs?   I have three packages hung up right now, one in Spain, one in France and one in the Netherlands (or so the buyers tells me).   All different package sizes and shipping methods.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:48 pm 

Don't know if it's stuck in customs or not, but I sent a package to Italy about 6 weeks ago that hasn't arrived.  I just refunded the buyer's $.  Losing money on the deal is one thing, but having those supps go missing is what really sucks.  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:54 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Hey Al!!

You package is enroute.  Surface is slow as hell.  Let me know when it shows.  Also send me a list of the JG stuff you need.

Anyone else had problems getting through UK (or any European) customs?  I have three packages hung up right now, one in Spain, one in France and one in the Netherlands (or so the buyers tells me).  All different package sizes and shipping methods.

hey chummer :)

cheers for that! will let you know when it gets here - length of time is no biggie so long as it arrives. burnie's custom ticket on my X8 was the most hilarious i have yet seen "childrens used books" LOL - good one :)

Paul...JG? anything youve got - just gimme it :) just mail me with what you have and i'll take it off youre hands. ;)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:55 pm 

I have to say that sometimes they take a lot to come.

Guido's shipping via USPS sea took some three months to come to me - and it wasn't the delays in customs.

Another pack I have finally received from Aussieland took from 22 december until now - and it's in the customs office. I'd get it in a week possibly.

YIM  
Previous