Most Irritating Dealer of the Year Award for 2004 :
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:21 pm 

Easy choice, Hands down, winner of the boob re-seller of the year award.

guido-the-gypsy

He is not doing anything illegal (As far as I know anyway), or even underhanded. He is simply the most irritating Re-Seller on the planet - Bar None- IMO. Below is a typical listing. All of his listings are in exactly the same format.

The next the VERY short sentences are the entire description of the Item actually being sold. And this data is normally in the middles, so that you MUST cruise through his excruciatingly BORING supposedly on-going story to get any information from the danged listing.

THIS AUCTION, satisfying your treasure seeking desires, includes a suppliment from Games Workshop for the Blood Bowl Game:

STAR PLAYERS - hardcover ; very rare ; complete and uncut

The lot is in near mint condition (see item Rating System below).

Now for the filler, the fluff, or just plain poop, you choose which you think it is.

Code:
FIFTH EPISODE!!

From Fourth Episode:

Putting your tinder box to the wick . . . funny, it doesn't look like a wick.  It looks like a finger . . . then a hand . . . then an arm . . . then you feel the body, a big, harry body.  Oh, gawds, you've disturbed Guido at nap time.

Fifth Episode:

"Lout", you think, . . . "sounds like a good name for an idiot in your predicament".  Sitting here in the back of Guido's wagon, trying to light his finger as a wick . . . maybe "Dolt" is better.  The mound attached to the finger, yelps and rolls towards you.  Scrambling backward, you knock merchandise everywhere.  When the dust clears, you see a huge Ogre sucking on its finger, growling . . . clearly in pain.

Oh, great, one day on the job and already you are gonna get fired.  Guido, glares at you and emits a horrific growl.  Ummm, no, wrong end for a growl.  Pew, worse that Ed . . . or Solomon for that matter.  Eyes watering, you begin to clean up the mess.  

"Ah, Lout, ya pull the finger, not light it!!  Clearly, Solomon put you up to this.  I warned you last night, Solomon lacks the gypsy sense of humor.  He is crude and blunt.  Do we need to have the class and sophistication lecture again?"

Huh?  You don't recall a lecture.  Think fast, think f . . . .

"LOUT, STEW!!  NOWWWW!!"  

"Dang, Ed must be hungry," you mumble.

"What? Ed doesn't eat my stew.  It upsets his tender system.  He can only eat food native to his home.  Didn't he ask for his Anaconda Snails delight?" rumbles Guido.

Jaw hanging open in confusion, mind whirling in pain, you think, " If I run out the back now, I might make it."  Better grab some loot on the way out!!

BORING STUFF!!: I can accept payment in personal check (item is held until the check clears), MO, cashiers check, an PAYPAL!!! Please send payment with 10 days of the end of the auction or Guido may visit (I know Guido the Gypsy - kinda lame, . . . but its catchy). Shipping and handling for these items is $5.00 + $1.50 per auction won (more for international shipping) for each additional auction won. Please see my other auctions. Guido cannot be held responsible for items lost in transit by the USPS. Good luck, happy trading, and stay out of the last wagon on the left . . . that's Guido's (he is still in a mood)! 

Rating System

When reviewing items for a rating, I do the best that I can.  Bear in mind

that this is an inexact process at best.  I try very hard to give items a

rating equivilent to its quality.  If you receive an item not in the condition

stated, please contact me.  Thanks!!

Mint= new-looking and almost perfect; no prior owner; may be in original

packaging (this item is typically for the most discriminating collector)

Near Mint/Mint = new-looking and almost perfect; may be in original packaging

(a good item for the discriminating collector)

Near Mint = almost new-looking but perhaps with some very minor defects; maybe

store/shelf wear; original packaging may be torn or damaged (for a not-so

discriminating collector and a great copy for a user)

Excellent = clearly not new, but still in great shape; no serious problems; no

writing, highlighting, or stains; light corner/edge wear; may have price tag

still affixed (good item for a typical user)

Good = this is your average copy; could have significant wear, but is not in

any danger of falling apart; may have very minor writing--maybe; edge and

corner wear (typical book for a typical user)

Fair = has heavy wear, may have some significant problems, may have minor

age-stains or fairly wide-spread writing or highlighting (good item as a back

up to your main copy or if you are a user who is not typically too fussy)

Poor = very heavy wear and some serious defects; may be on the verge of falling

apart; could have some moisture or soda damage

trashed = has suffered some serious mishap i.e. got rained on, torn, dog chewed

it, moldy, etc. (likely only sold if the item is rare or has some hard to find

information contained within)

sorry, just ranting...... he is probably a very nice guy......

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:46 am 

Aneoth wrote:Easy choice, Hands down, winner of the boob re-seller of the year award.

guido-the-gypsy

He is not doing anything illegal (As far as I know anyway), or even underhanded. He is simply the most irritating Re-Seller on the planet - Bar None- IMO. Below is a typical listing. All of his listings are in exactly the same format.

The next the VERY short sentences are the entire description of the Item actually being sold. And this data is normally in the middles, so that you MUST cruise through his excruciatingly BORING supposedly on-going story to get any information from the danged listing.

sorry, just ranting...... he is probably a very nice guy......

Guido has purchased from me before, and he paid promptly, so I'm loath to criticize him too much.  But his listings are a king sized kick in the crotch. Honestly, does anyone find them funny? How about spending more lines on the item descriptions than on the stupid "story" that is so dumb brain matter has been known to leak out of reader's brains?

I would nominate Cougarretard and Maxine also for this coveted award, and a special mention to Eastern Game Chest/Emporium (since they are no longer in business it seems after about 100 negs).

Mike B.