OD&D Supplements with a Reprint Date???
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:36 pm 

This is in regard to this ongoing auction >>>  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

The three supplements in the auction have an early 2000s 4 digit number above the Copyright/printing information. The seller tells me these are the print dates but the books clearly have Print Run and Printing Dates just below that. I am confused here. What are these. Are they a reprint that WOTC did over successive years prior to their coming out with the Hard Wood Box collectors set? Are those dates or some kind of product numbers? I notice they have what looks like little product numbers on their covers in the bottom right corners.

The seller's auction makes no mention of the possibility that these are later re-print editions. Seems like someone less studied could get badly fooled by this one. I sense that the seller may not know the difference or are expecting people to know what these really are? The seller did not add the Title Page images to the listing until I messaged asking to see images of those. It brings into question whether the OCE is original or some reprint as well. If they are some sort of reprint selling alongside a vintage OCE, shouldn't the seller try harder to call that out?

Acaeum Community, what am I looking at here?

And if you read this far, but don't feel it was worth your time, then I will say 'Read me no further, Lord or Lady ... and may the road rise up to meet your face."  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:41 pm 

2000 # are TSR product code.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:57 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in OD&D Supplements with a Reprint Date???:2000 # are TSR product code.

Ah, that prompted me to go look back at the Supplements listing one more time. Isee on some of the the scans we have here that the product codes are showing up in the bottom right corners. Thankyou burntwire brothers!

The supplements I have are 1st Prints and didn't have them so I was ignorant of those being added to those pages later. That helps a ton.

And if you read this far, but don't feel it was worth your time, then I will say 'Read me no further, Lord or Lady ... and may the road rise up to meet your face."  :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:55 pm 

Anyone have a Dragon Tree Spell Book?  Looks like the 2nd print may have been available until fairly recently.