Arse!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:44 am 

You lie around waiting to snipe something like this and the close early to sell to someone else on the board. :evil:  Did you really get it for $100 or do you have to pay $150 for shipping too?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

All's fair I suppose. I guess I might have done that to someone at some point. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:50 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:You lie around waiting to snipe something like this and the close early to sell to someone else on the board. :evil: Did you really get it for $100 or do you have to pay $150 for shipping too?

All's fair I suppose. I guess I might have done that to someone at some point. :D

oh diddums :)

well the amount of time harami has sniped me etc, i have given up even going "ARSE" anymore....more like "ho-hum" or something :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:52 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh diddums :)

well the amount of time harami has sniped me etc, i have given up even going "ARSE" anymore....more like "ho-hum" or something :D

Alan, I didn't even have the chance to snipe. That's an offer someone couldn't refuse.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:54 am 

yeah it was really wasnt it? i might have even bought it for that....er no i wouldnt - holding back....gotta maintain this stance, i need me dosh for about another 5 days or so....

ne'mind mate, another will come along!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:12 am 

You and me are probably the only two that don't have one. Everyone else here is rich. :D

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:25 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:You and me are probably the only two that don't have one. Everyone else here is rich. :D

I do not have one either; nor am I rich.....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:49 am 

DOH!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:15 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:You and me are probably the only two that don't have one. Everyone else here is rich. :D

I'm certainly not rich, and I don't have one of these.  But today is a happy day for me.  

I just completed my first set of eBay auctions ever, and it's shaping up to be a net profit of about $12 USD. :)  

Hopefully I won't have any horror stories to post...  :)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:19 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Aneoth wrote:

I'm certainly not rich, and I don't have one of these. But today is a happy day for me.

I just completed my first set of eBay auctions ever, and it's shaping up to be a net profit of about $12 USD. :)

Hopefully I won't have any horror stories to post... :)

YAY! well done :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:37 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:You lie around waiting to snipe something like this and the close early to sell to someone else on the board. :evil: Did you really get it for $100 or do you have to pay $150 for shipping too?

Funny, I was about to post this auction and ask if I paid too much.  I'm a big Burroughs fan, but had not seen this before.  Is that a fair price?  When I put in my first bid, the seller and I had agreed on closing the auction for $40, but my max got outbid so I had to bid to get on top again.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:41 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Funny, I was about to post this auction and ask if I paid too much. I'm a big Burroughs fan, but had not seen this before. Is that a fair price? When I put in my first bid, the seller and I had agreed on closing the auction for $40, but my max got outbid so I had to bid to get on top again.

The last one on eBay sold for $305. Granted it was a first edition print and I assume your's is a later print, but I was planning on going higher. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:46 pm 

Mine's in really crappy condition and I am FAR from rich.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:12 pm 

Traveller wrote:

Mine's in really crappy condition and I am FAR from rich.

on a scale of 1-10 - 1 being poor and 10 being rich, i am solidly stuck at about 1.3 :)

i was having a great week last week, til my mate over in the US told me that his garage was bigger than my house  :?

now that lottery win would come in bloody handy right now so i could go and cleansweep all them auctions :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:19 pm 

Man, I saw the WoM auction go up about 15 minutes after it started... didn't have a bid on it yet. I ALMOST emailed the seller asking if he had a BIN price in mind... if he'd said "I'll let you have it for $40", I don't know whether I would snap it up or I would have let him in on its true value.

If he'd offered it to me for $100, the the wouldn't have been an issue, I would have taken it for sure.

Regards

Mike

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:49 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Man, I saw the WoM auction go up about 15 minutes after it started... didn't have a bid on it yet. I ALMOST emailed the seller asking if he had a BIN price in mind... if he'd said "I'll let you have it for $40", I don't know whether I would snap it up or I would have let him in on its true value.

If he'd offered it to me for $100, the the wouldn't have been an issue, I would have taken it for sure.

Regards

Mike

What IS its true value?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:00 pm 

I don't know, it seems to go up and down. Keepontheborderlands sold a copy a few weeks ago for $450... that was after he relisted it when the original listing has passed in, not meeting the $300 reserve. I've seen a couple of other copies go in the last year for around $300, and a couple sell at below $200.

I've been after a copy myself for a while, but persoonally I think the W0M market is overheated, and the book is simply not worth that much. The lowest I've seen the book go for is $160, which IMO is about right for it - I would put its true value at between $120-160 - but having said that, all of the auctions over the last year or two have gone for more so who can say?

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:11 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:What IS its true value?

Non-D&D TSR - Warriors of Mars

(last statement; and also that $50-60 quote, in context, I think...)

Remember there was another discussion about that and the "resistance point" for most people was in the $120-150 band, as it is for many other items.

afoolandhis$ wrote:Funny, I was about to post this auction and ask if I paid too much. I'm a big Burroughs fan, but had not seen this before. Is that a fair price? When I put in my first bid, the seller and I had agreed on closing the auction for $40, but my max got outbid so I had to bid to get on top again.

And you paid the original price you'd agreed...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:43 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The last one on eBay sold for $305. Granted it was a first edition print and I assume your's is a later print, but I was planning on going higher. :D

Nope; that'll be first (and only?) print, I'm fairly sure.

Next