Bagged For Your Protection
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 am 

Hello Folks,

I picked up on some great 1st editiion finds on a recent trip out of state. One seller was mostly a Comic Book shop. They had baged their HCs in what I found out were Sheet Music bags from BCW. I ordered some of those. They fit snug and nice on the 120- 130 page books like the MM and the PHB from 1E days. The DMG is a little more problematic. The seller used what he though to be a Treasury bag, which was another larger size of comic book that I assume was a format from pre-golden age. It does not fit so snug. I am wondering what other folks are using for the thicker books or are you just using the Sheet Music bags and stuffing your thicker books in tighter, or perhaps you have different solutions all around.

Interested to know what folks are using for protection. (no not that kind of protection!  :P )

And if you read this far, but don't feel it was worth your time, then I will say 'Read me no further, Lord or Lady ... and may the road rise up to meet your face."  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:31 pm 

This question, or one's like it, has been asked often.  Here are some threads you might find helpful:

Storage Box

Archival Storage

Protecting and storing adventures

This is also a good time to say that the "search" feature above will answer a lot of questions you might have.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:26 pm 

Thanks for the thread links Joshua, but nothing much in those regards the topic of bags. Prior to my OP I had already utilized the search feature hunting for references to "bag" and didn't come up with anything.

Perhaps this has not been addressed in any real detail. That said, if anyone has anything to add on the topic of good fitting bags, I'm all ears.

Best,

And if you read this far, but don't feel it was worth your time, then I will say 'Read me no further, Lord or Lady ... and may the road rise up to meet your face."  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:26 am 

See if these scratch your itch:

Protecting D & D Collectable Rulebooks.

Magazine & Dungeon Module Protection

Best Storage Methods

"Storage" was a helpful word in my search.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.