Different "Customs"
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:50 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
An admirable if somewhat naiive sentiment in the early 21st century. No offence meant to Thomas Jefferson. My two penneth.

Naive?  That makes me very curious that you say naive, as opposed to wrong. Does that mean naive as in guns aren't enough to protect people from tyranny in their government today(understandable position), or that people don't need to be protected from tyranny in their government(highly questionable, considering how many people were slaughtered by their governments in the 20th century).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:53 pm 

collectornut wrote:Hello, didn't mean to revive this thread, but I accidentally found it while searching on google.

Anyway, I'm from the US and don't know anything about customs. I plan on purchasing a $180 collectible, limited edition airgun/bb gun from Japan. It has the red plug and is actually a replica from a popular video game.

It's a pistol and doesn't weigh much, comes in a collectible box. I was wondering if it's better to ask the seller to ship by airmail so it goes undetected by customs? Or ship by EMS instead? Does it make any difference? Would it help if seller marks it as "toy gun?"

Also, if it does get confiscated by customs, will they let me know? Are there any forms to fill out so I can claim it?

I appreciate any advice you can give me... thank you :)

I don't think anyone here has direct experience with this. You might want to ask the local post office, or call the US Customs office.  Toy might be better than toy gun. But at least for $180, you shouldn't be charged any custom dues.

Previous