Collection Lists & Enumeration
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:21 am 

Hi All,

What do you fine folks do to keep track of everything?

I am teaching my son numbers & letters at the moment (he's 3) and would like to do a kind of 'box ticking' exercise from a printout or the like for my modules. Will be a fun bonding thing (and useful for me also).

In the past i run a scrape of the Acaeum page to keep track of prices & things but was wondering if anyone had a more facy design i could print out and use as a 'neat' physical thing to refer to when bidding etc.

The above is fairly vague but please share what you do and if you have any cool ideas!

Cheers,
Shadeun

p.s. had a go with the forum search functionality to find something and failed. Please excuse if there was another way to search as "collection tracking" and "collecting list" and similar forms showed very little.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:38 am 

I use the books number like A1 to enumerate them in Excel. I also include notes with the book such as the title, the print number, the price paid, quantity owned, and condition notes.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:42 pm 

I use a Google Sheet with a few different tabs for different types of collectibles (Rule books, boxed sets, modules, dragon mags).  Each tab is a little different but they all generally have a product code, printing number, year, condition, etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm 

I use a Google/Excel spreadsheet....

Attachment:
Collection Sample Page.pdf

I do post F & R pics of the items as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:00 am 

Thank you for your responses, seems like what i am using is 'in line' with others.

If anyone else has a fancy 'catelogue' type thing they have filled out and want to share that'd be lovely but otherwise i think i'll work off sheets like you guys have said.

Or perhaps put some effort into a catelogue with info once work dies down a little.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 pm 

Here's a sample spreadsheet, which I've posted in the past, that you are welcome to use as a starter.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:10 pm 

dbartman wrote in Collection Lists & Enumeration:Here's a sample spreadsheet, which I've posted in the past, that you are welcome to use as a starter.

Thank you very very much!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:23 pm 

MS Word for alphabetical listings of groups, items, etc.

Excel for actual number of items.

I've also used a library type book tracking program.  It was super cool because you could add SO much different info (date purchased, price, edition, etc) and could add photos of items to each listing.  Super rare stuff went on there.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:28 pm 

The Collector's Database is available for free on the Facebook Acaeum page. Just look in the "FILES" section and download. It's in Microsoft Access format and includes a report that you can print to take inventory of your collection.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:07 pm 

MadCatUSA wrote in Collection Lists & Enumeration:The Collector's Database is available for free on the Facebook Acaeum page. Just look in the "FILES" section and download. It's in Microsoft Access format and includes a report that you can print to take inventory of your collection.

Is there any way to have that linked here on the site (for those who don't use Facebook)?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:16 pm 

Excel is my friend. Sorted by company then stock code and then (if necessary) alphabetical. But about 96% of items have stock codes.

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Collection Lists & Enumeration:Excel is my friend. Sorted by company then stock code and then (if necessary) alphabetical. But about 96% of items have stock codes.

Ditto!
I have a different sorting however...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 am 

Most folks do not sort by stock code, but I do not understand why. It seems the obvious way to do it since companies do, but I guess since many folks started their collecting with D&D they like to have the modules grouped together. That never mattered to me because my goal from very early was to get one of everything FRP, so no one series of modules nor the products of one particular company was more important than any other.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:20 am 

I would like to second having that linked here for the non-facebook inclined :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm 

Thirded.  :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 am 

Fourthed!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:47 am 

stratochamp wrote in Collection Lists & Enumeration:Most folks do not sort by stock code, but I do not understand why.

When you say stock codes, do you mean the for digit product codes or something more specific?

TSR Codes

Lists like this seem fairly complete:  List of TSR products by product code | Card Game Database Wiki | Fandom

I'm surprised there isn't a public domain database/spreadsheet that links all this stuff together with upc and isbn where possible.  If anyone has something like that, please let me know.

(I use a mix of product code and printing number.)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 am 

Yes stock code is the (usually) four digit code you are referring to. To your last point, yes I list the distinct print sequence for items in the description.

Next