Personal Mailbox
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:24 am 

Even after messages have apparently been delivered and read, they still seem to be staying in my Outbox.

Anyone else experiencing this. Or am I doing something wrong.

Or is my assumption that they have been delivered and read just wrong.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:29 am 

One possible issue is that the recipient is reading the message text in the email that is sent out.  In this case, they are never actually "clicking" on the message in their inbox - so it doesn't show as being read.

I keep forgetting to turn my "pop-off blocker" to accept pop-ups from the Acaeum and I seldom look up to notice the amount of PM's in my box.  Usually I just use the email and check the ones in the box periodically so the sender knows they were received.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:One possible issue is that the recipient is reading the message text in the email that is sent out.

I didn't realise that the message was in the alert email  :oops: .  I see the title, delete the email, then sign into the Acaeum.

Thanks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:24 am 

I didn't realize that the Acaeum used pop-up windows:  since Firefox is killing them, am I missing anything important??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:38 am 

grodog wrote:I didn't realize that the Acaeum used pop-up windows: since Firefox is killing them, am I missing anything important??

Not really.  When you sign in, a pop up appears informing you that you have unread mail.  But you also have the email informing you of this (plus the message).

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:35 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:One possible issue is that the recipient is reading the message text in the email that is sent out. In this case, they are never actually "clicking" on the message in their inbox - so it doesn't show as being read.

Correct.  Messages that are in your Outbox are "unread", insofar as they've not been clicked on in the person's Inbox.  But since the text of the message appears in the alert e-mail, in all likelihood the message has indeed been received.

Foul