Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:04 pm 

Hey!
Here's my original ink and pencil drawings from 1999's Dungeon Magazine issue 76
The Ravenloft adventure is titled "House on the Edge of Midnight"
There are 6 images in total, I'll see if I can add the other three in the comments
this is all my work I signed my art "MacBin" back then, as a family in-joke.

If anyone is interested just send me a PM, though I'm happy to answer questions here

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Creator of Spaceship Zero, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, Caustic Soda, Ruin Nation, Toren's Guide to Everything and other weirdness

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:05 pm 

the last three images

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Creator of Spaceship Zero, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, Caustic Soda, Ruin Nation, Toren's Guide to Everything and other weirdness

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:58 am 

Cool stuff!  The fact that these come from D&D publication(s) definitely increases interest for many members here.  It would be most helpful if you included the size of the paper or the image of each of these pieces of art.  Also, are you willing to include a Certificate of Authenticity?  Also, if anyone buys any of these, do they also get the right to use these in publications of their own or does TSR already own that?  Thanks for showcasing these here!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:22 pm 

WOTC owns the rights to the TSR catalog of art.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:42 pm 

I don't have publication rights, sadly. I'll try to get measurements up tonight. I have never made a certificate of authenticity before. Is that just something I write up or is there some kind of bureaucratic system?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:01 pm 

torenatkinson wrote in Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork:I don't have publication rights, sadly. I'll try to get measurements up tonight. I have never made a certificate of authenticity before. Is that just something I write up or is there some kind of bureaucratic system?

First, the solemn oath. What's your blood type? Use a heavier grade paper if you are Type O, but thinner if you are AB+. As far as document formatting, I think I still have the one from when somebody sold me the Mona Lisa, will try to post a scan.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:30 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork:
First, the solemn oath. What's your blood type? Use a heavier grade paper if you are Type O, but thinner if you are AB+. As far as document formatting, I think I still have the one from when somebody sold me the Mona Lisa, will try to post a scan.

I guess now I have to donate blood to find out my blood type!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:07 pm 

torenatkinson wrote in Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork:I have never made a certificate of authenticity before. Is that just something I write up or is there some kind of bureaucratic system?

You can do a Google search and find lots of information.  A Certificate of Authenticity should include the following:
1. Artist name - should be located within the headline of the document.
2. Title of the work
3. Year of completion
4. Dimensions - either of the paper or the art as long as you say which.
5. Medium
6. Edition number, if applicable
7. Artwork Image - Ideally, your COA should include a high-resolution image of your work on the document. This ensures ease in archiving the document for both you and the buyer.
8. Statement of Authenticity - This should consist of a short, one to two sentence statement declaring the authenticity of your work, as well as a statement that your work is copyrighted by you, and you alone.

I hope this helps.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:45 pm 

Here's one example.  Wouldn't have to be this detailed of course.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 pm 

I'd charge extra for a COA.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:39 pm 

Okay, so just something I put together myself in photoshop. Got it.
Of course in this instance the copyright is owned by WOTC. I'm just selling the originals.

benjoshua wrote in Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork:
You can do a Google search and find lots of information.  A Certificate of Authenticity should include the following:
1. Artist name - should be located within the headline of the document.
2. Title of the work
3. Year of completion
4. Dimensions - either of the paper or the art as long as you say which.
5. Medium
6. Edition number, if applicable
7. Artwork Image - Ideally, your COA should include a high-resolution image of your work on the document. This ensures ease in archiving the document for both you and the buyer.
8. Statement of Authenticity - This should consist of a short, one to two sentence statement declaring the authenticity of your work, as well as a statement that your work is copyrighted by you, and you alone.

I hope this helps.   8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 pm 

UPDATE: the Death Linen is now no longer available

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:05 am 

Here's the imp - 6" x 6"
Ink and pencil on paper

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:07 am 

and the girl and clock 11" tall

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:18 am 

I love our site here. :) So cool!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 pm 

Tszii wrote in Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork:I love our site here. :) So cool!

The art looks even better while listening to the artist's music. I like this one best so far: Nyarlathotep - YouTube

Toren, would it be a fair guess that you are familiar with the Repo Man soundtrack?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:29 am 

sauromatian wrote in Dungeon 76 Ravenloft "House on the Edge of Midnight" artwork:Toren, would it be a fair guess that you are familiar with the Repo Man soundtrack?

Actually no!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:32 am 

Here is a photo of the "living hair" with ruler for scale

Next