Mono chrome G Series Module Inquiry
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:50 am 

I am sure I overpaid but there was somthing that looked different about these to me so I wanted to take a gamble. Was it just me or do these look different in some way than than what they normally look like?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:05 am 

Marlith wrote:I am sure I overpaid but there was somthing that looked different about these to me so I wanted to take a gamble. Was it just me or do these look different in some way than than what they normally look like?

I see no logos? Did the monos not carry TSR's logo on the front?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Marlith wrote:I am sure I overpaid but there was somthing that looked different about these to me so I wanted to take a gamble. Was it just me or do these look different in some way than than what they normally look like?

I think the way that the pictures were taken just cuts off the logos on the bottom.  Other than that, I don't see anything irregular about them. Is there somehting specific you were looking at?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:32 am 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

I think the way that the pictures were taken just cuts off the logos on the bottom. Other than that, I don't see anything irregular about them. Is there somehting specific you were looking at?

i agree with bclarkie. have just looked at mine. if you look at the G1 in the pic. look at the very bottom and you will JUST start to see something in black ink in the very middle at the bottom. this is the first printed item below the text in the pic "(c) 1978 TSR games". all the other things, ie printed logos etc are below this.

hope this helps? other than that, the modules look very nice!

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:05 am 

Nothing I could pin down. Ever see something and it just looks different for some reason? I spent a little more than I wanted to but I wanted to see them. If you folks don't see anything unusual it was probably just me. I will post a message if they are different in some way. Thanks for all the inout.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:29 am 

Marlith wrote:Nothing I could pin down. Ever see something and it just looks different for some reason? I spent a little more than I wanted to but I wanted to see them. If you folks don't see anything unusual it was probably just me. I will post a message if they are different in some way. Thanks for all the inout.

The modules look to be in very good condition, which always makes me suspicious if I don't know the seller.  Although it could be an honest mistake, if I was looking specifically for an early printing, I wouldn't bid with out a full scan.  These could easily be the 1999 (5th printings) from the silver aniversary set.

See: http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/ModPages/G.html

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:45 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
Marlith wrote:Nothing I could pin down. Ever see something and it just looks different for some reason? I spent a little more than I wanted to but I wanted to see them. If you folks don't see anything unusual it was probably just me. I will post a message if they are different in some way. Thanks for all the inout.

The modules look to be in very good condition, which always makes me suspicious if I don't know the seller. Although it could be an honest mistake, if I was looking specifically for an early printing, I wouldn't bid with out a full scan. These could easily be the 1999 (5th printings) from the silver aniversary set.

See: http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/ModPages/G.html

actually thinking about it - i have both and that could be the reason the bottom bit is chopped off of course, as the "silver anniversary" stamp is under that too....

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:22 pm 

I had thought about that. But the printing looked too light at the bottom and the modules looked too worn. I also think the color was richer on the reprints. I guess it could be someone manipulating images. If it is then just a negative feedback I will most likely have to eat.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:25 pm 

Marlith wrote:I had thought about that. But the printing looked too light at the bottom and the modules looked too worn. I also think the color was richer on the reprints. I guess it could be someone manipulating images. If it is then just a negative feedback I will most likely have to eat.

I agree with your assesment. Looking at thos pics I think those are earlier prints, if only because of the staining on them. The staining on them IMO makes them look of an older version. If they are early prints, that is a pretty good price for them. Even if they are not though, even the ones in the Silver aniversry set are probably worth $15-20 if you sell them individually. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:19 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:I had thought about that. But the printing looked too light at the bottom and the modules looked too worn. I also think the color was richer on the reprints. I guess it could be someone manipulating images. If it is then just a negative feedback I will most likely have to eat.

I agree with your assesment. Looking at thos pics I think those are earlier prints, if only because of the staining on them. The staining on them IMO makes them look of an older version. If they are early prints, that is a pretty good price for them. Even if they are not though, even the ones in the Silver aniversry set are probably worth $15-20 if you sell them individually. :wink:

oh are they now? *chik ching $$$$* goes off to find his spare ones to auction to raise money for his impulsive buying techniques

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:02 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote: I agree with your assesment. Looking at thos pics I think those are earlier prints, if only because of the staining on them. The staining on them IMO makes them look of an older version. If they are early prints, that is a pretty good price for them. Even if they are not though, even the ones in the Silver aniversry set are probably worth $15-20 if you sell them individually. :wink:

oh are they now? *chik ching $$$$* goes off to find his spare ones to auction to raise money for his impulsive buying techniques

I don't think that you interpreted my response the right way. Not $15-$20 individually, $5-$7 individually adding up to $15-$20 total. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:22 am 

bah i was dreaming of luxurious holidays and the like there.... oh well  :wink:

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:27 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Even if they are not though, even the ones in the Silver aniversry set are probably worth $15-20 if you sell them individually. :wink:

I thought you bought your L3s "free-range" :?: ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:40 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

I thought you bought your L3s "free-range" :?: ;)

hey! gimme a break i needed it to complete the set! i just have spare other items now thats all :)

maybe i need to get more L3's to make up the number :D

nah. cant afford that now so someone else can make a muppet of themselves for once :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:I thought you bought your L3s "free-range" :?: ;)

hey! gimme a break i needed it to complete the set! i just have spare other items now thats all :)

maybe i need to get more L3's to make up the number :D

nah. cant afford that now so someone else can make a muppet of themselves for once :)

*LOL!*. Queue the muppets... :D :D

*g*. Sorry, Alan! :P

Anyhow; you're not sat on a $360 Tegel... Is that worth a mega-muppet award?

=

(On the plus side, L3 is very unlikely to appear cheap in "mixed lots" for the foreseeable future).

Happy Giant hunting to ya ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:06 am 

harami2000 wrote:*g*. Sorry, Alan! :P

Anyhow; you're not sat on a $360 Tegel... Is that worth a mega-muppet award?

(On the plus side, L3 is very unlikely to appear cheap in "mixed lots" for the foreseeable future).

Happy Giant hunting to ya ;)

was actually having a lil read of L3 the other night - its actually quite a cool mod - must fit that into playing sometime i think!

and the tegel situation - you never know - it might be you who has the last laugh yet! *fingers crossed*

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:10 am 

Two PoVQ's, one for the collection to keep all minty, and one for scribbling on. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:15 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Two PoVQ's, one for the collection to keep all minty, and one for scribbling on. :D

er wouldnt you just photocopy it to do that? oh yeah, it IS a photocopy :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Next