Happy Thanksgiving
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:45 am 

benjoshua wrote in Happy Thanksgiving:
It's interesting to me that most conspiracy theories only contain true facts.  A problem with conspiracy theories are the facts they omit or disdain.   :?

The view in from outside the US is very different to the view given to those within the country, I'd imagine. The level of left vs right hatred portrayed is hilarious. It's like everyone in the media wants the fight to kick off so they can cover all the maiming and death that will ensue. All 'facts' are 'conspiracy theories' to the left, and even when they are proven in a court of law, those 'fact' merely transition from 'conspiracy theory' to 'false narrative' created by 'the patriarchy' or 'the racists'. There is no such thing as 'a fact' to someone who has awakened to the world around them. The truth is merely fluid and malleable, like gender, to those who need to reinforce their woke bubble.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Happy Thanksgiving:
It's interesting to me that most conspiracy theories only contain true facts.  A problem with conspiracy theories are the facts they omit or disdain.   :?

You’re absolutely correct.  The problem is that the vast majority of us have no idea what’s omitted (if anything).  The mechanisms of power lend themselves to these fears/theories.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:43 pm 

Someone once said to me, that a conspiracy theory is only a conspiracy theory when it doesn’t have any facts to support it.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:23 pm 

ashmire13 wrote in Happy Thanksgiving:Someone once said to me, that a conspiracy theory is only a conspiracy theory when it doesn’t have any facts to support it.

That's what they want you to believe.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:25 pm 

If something doesn’t have facts to support it, it’s called ‘make believe’, like unicorns, honest politicians and those other 43 genders.

It’s only a conspiracy theory when there are facts to support it, but political necessity requires that the illusion be maintained for gain, or the protection of the people.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 am 

But surely a conspiracy theory is just a rough guess at something? If it’s got facts, it’s not a conspiracy anymore, but actual fact and therefore true?

Technically, does that mean the moon landing isn’t true? That’s a conspiracy theory after all

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:41 am 

ashmire13 wrote in Happy Thanksgiving:But surely a conspiracy theory is just a rough guess at something? If it’s got facts, it’s not a conspiracy anymore, but actual fact and therefore true?

Technically, does that mean the moon landing isn’t true? That’s a conspiracy theory after all

You must not live in the United States.  If you did, then you’d see that facts are meaningless when put up against perception/narratives.  These narratives are shamelessly reinforced by our “news” media and government.  Heck, I’m just an ordinary guy who can come up with several examples that I’ve witnessed first hand.  This is where the 21st century version of a “conspiracy theory” is born.  But…if the media and government can continue calling people “whack jobs” for saying that water’s wet and which way is up, then they can push whatever they want

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:22 am 

ashmire13 wrote in Happy Thanksgiving:But surely a conspiracy theory is just a rough guess at something? If it’s got facts, it’s not a conspiracy anymore, but actual fact and therefore true?

The concept of fact is malleable. If you understand something to be a fact, and have factual evidence to support your conclusion, that does not mean that society accepts the existence of the fact. If the highest court in the land decrees that something did happen when you can prove it did not, then the country by definition, has defined what the fact is. Facts can be denied, and if society around you sides with the deniers, you are by definition, a liar.

You seem to be conflating 'fact' with 'truth', and truth is something that does not change, and for the most part it is something you will never know.

The left wing liberals are trying to destroy the concept of 'truth' also. They realize that truth is very damaging and dangerous, and they need to rebrand it as 'my truth' or 'is or her truth' and make out that everyone has their own truth because we're all special little snowflakes, and that no one truth carries any ore weight that any anyone else's truth.

But as some white kids in Kenosha found out, a persons truth about how good and righteous they were when they wanted to loot and burn black owned businesses, changed quickly when someone blew a fucking hole in them. Maybe America would heal a lot quicker if the idiot without the permit to carry his handgun (the one with the shark bite out of his arm) was given jail time, but I don't imagine they have the balls to do that, 'cos all the little snowflakes would cry. The attitude that is being portrayed abroad is, fuck enforcing the law. Let the people do it. We've got war with China to prepare for, and the only way we stand a chance is to make sure the people at home have learned to be obedient.

Not wearing a mask - Sack the fuckers. Push them into poverty and deny them health care. If they can't feed their kids, call the CPS.
Carrying a loaded hand gun without a permit and pointing it at a stranger - Sorry. I didn't mean to. No problem. You walk free.
How fucked up is that value system?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 pm 

Have you guys run out of places to post? No one comes here for this.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:31 pm 

...all I wanted to say was happy Thanksgiving to everyone...  :lol:

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 pm 

Mordenkainen wrote in Happy Thanksgiving:Have you guys run out of places to post? No one comes here for this.

+1

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:13 pm 

Practicing my resurrect thread spell.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

-SKA

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:23 pm 

Happy Thanksgiving!   :thumleft:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:00 pm 

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for family, a growing collection and all the other things between.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:05 pm 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:19 pm 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:35 am 

Here's wishing you's are all healthy and happy.
Much good will coming to you all from my side of the pond.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:34 pm 

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

PreviousNext