Anyone else having issues with USPS?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:15 pm 

I had a two album set I waited over a month for.  And when it finally arrived, the package looked like it had been folded in half.  Inside, both albums were cracked in half.  Other than that, it's been perfect!  :)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:42 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in Anyone else having issues with USPS?:I had a two album set I waited over a month for.  And when it finally arrived, the package looked like it had been folded in half.  Inside, both albums were cracked in half.  Other than that, it's been perfect!  :)

That's terrible and I'm sure it was sad to see.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:19 pm 

Horrible!  I contacted the seller and suggested they offer more options for shipping (other then USPS Media Mail).  They were actually nice enough to refund my payment!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:23 pm 

I’ve had two tracked packages go missing at various points in transit.  Both sellers were very accommodating and refunded me.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:44 pm 

I've now had problems with four USPS package deliveries to me in central Texas since the beginning of July. It's become such a hassle that I'm going to take a break from buying stuff on eBay for a while.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:30 pm 

The USPS International prepaid boxed seem to fine. The last couple of times I bought stuff from the US they took about three weeks to arrive, which used to be only 7 days, but tracking seems to indicate that the problem is a UK customs backlog with US side only adding a couple of days to getting them on a plane. Given the current lack of willing employees in the UK (and why would you go to work for the extra 20% if you can stay at home for the remaining 80% of your wages?), and all the idiots who have apps on their phones that tell them they shouldn't go to work, its only to be expected that these delays are gonna happen internationally.

I was getting 6 week delays on products from China and Japan earlier this year, so an extra 2 weeks from the US is quite acceptable to my mind.
Also, so long as the seller uses USPS prepaid boxes, with books and stuff I've not had anything arrive damaged.
A couple of damaged minis, but that was bad packing, not any damage to the box.

Given the tales of woe on this thread, I can only surmise that USPS staff in the US are far more brutal and less caring that their UK counterparts.
We have a company here in the UK that is that bad however. It's called Hermes.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Previous