Anyone else having issues with USPS?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:50 am 

A package I sent out should have been delivered on Thursday, it just says "Arriving Late. I have two packages coming in that say the same thing. I am concerned it is going to get worse. We will see.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:19 am 

My problems come from international mainly. Had an item shipped from Australia and it sat in San Fran for over 3 week before it ever moved, it finally shows it moved and hopefully it will be here in a day or so. I also shipped a package to Australia and the seller still hasn't  received it, the tracking # shows it is in Australia but is just sitting there. Don't know if packages have to be quarantined for a few weeks when they arrive from outside the country or not.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:45 am 

Yep.
I have a package coming to me from France - Sitting in the NYC ISC since Aug. 31.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:57 pm 

It's been very hit and miss for me. Last month I had a package from France that shipped on 8/4, was in my hands 8/11. Only €20 for a two pound box so it wasn't any super fancy service. It's a mystery.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:35 pm 

New record for me! Shipped on 5/27, just arrived today, 10/8. The very nice seller insisted on economy shipping to save me money even though I told him that I didn't mind paying more. I had honestly written this one off as a loss a while back.  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:16 am 

Most of mine have been fine.  A few had a week delay here or there.  The one exception has been this one:

Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number / Postes Canada - Repérer un colis au moyen du numéro de repérage

Shipped on May 11th then got lost May 14th.  I was in the process of finalizing a claim in July when a random update got posted July 11th (doesn't say its moving just got processed in Chicago) then nothing again until Aug 13 delivered.   Normally I get a lot more updates on leaving one facility going to another, etc.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:52 pm 

blackdougal wrote in Anyone else having issues with USPS?:New record for me! Shipped on 5/27, just arrived today, 10/8. The very nice seller insisted on economy shipping to save me money even though I told him that I didn't mind paying more. I had honestly written this one off as a loss a while back.  :lol:

New record for me: eBay item shipped domestically (from Florida to California) USPS on 7/11/2020 arrived... yesterday, 1/9/2021. I too had long since given those zines up as lost forever...

I found the original shipping email, the estimated delivery was Monday, July 20, 2020.

Author of Playing at the World, The Elusive Shift, Game Wizards co-author of D&D Art & Arcana and Heroes's Feast

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:09 am 

increment wrote in Anyone else having issues with USPS?:New record for me: eBay item shipped domestically (from Florida to California) USPS on 7/11/2020 arrived... yesterday, 1/9/2021. I too had long since given those zines up as lost forever...

I found the original shipping email, the estimated delivery was Monday, July 20, 2020.

Wow, I was just about to express amazement about receiving a package on 1/8/21 that was shipped domestically on 12/6/20 .... but now I feel fairly fortunate

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 am 

Media Mail has been a real wild card when it comes to shipping times. We've had lots of our customer orders arrive on time, some a week or two late, and some are stuck in limbo after X number of weeks. There's no discernible pattern to it, and ultimately frustrating. At least, thus far we haven't had too many lost shipments that we had to replace.

Fortunately, Priority mail shipments have been much less of a problem, and usually get there basically when they should.

Regards,

Rick Meints
President - Chaosium Inc.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:38 am 

rmeints wrote in Anyone else having issues with USPS?:Media Mail has been a real wild card when it comes to shipping times. We've had lots of our customer orders arrive on time, some a week or two late, and some are stuck in limbo after X number of weeks. There's no discernible pattern to it, and ultimately frustrating. At least, thus far we haven't had too many lost shipments that we had to replace.

Fortunately, Priority mail shipments have been much less of a problem, and usually get there basically when they should.

I seem to remember someone who regularly convinced sellers of large lots to use Media Mail to ship to him, and than claim the stuff didn't arrive and get his money back through his CC or PayPal. So much so he get a reputation for it. And still the muppets would ship to him.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:36 am 

I have had at least 3 packages from CA, and if they are sent via media they tend to go through some black hole post office in City of Industry, CA. One package arrived at that post office and never left(last update was 12/8). From now on I think I will request priority. Another package coming from Lake Geneva, WI just went to PA. I live in Northern Mississippi(Indiana), WTF.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 am 

I used Cougie Mail once on a job lot from the US to the UK, and it took 12 weeks to arrive, saving me about $50 which is probably like $100 now.
Never did it again, and never will.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 am 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/06/busi ... pping.html

Apparently it's a problem everywhere, & it doesn't look like it's going away soon. Business is booming in vintage RPGs, but getting it to the customer is getting harder.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:04 pm 

Fedex 2-day is about $5 more expensive overall, with a much higher starting price. Its worth every dime.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:40 pm 

I have around a thousand battlemechs I’d put up for sale, but the shipping on lead figures is just stupid expensive, especially with the majority of customers being in the US.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:43 pm 

I’m seeing at least a 1 month delay on shipments from Europe (to the U.S.).  I’ve experienced lesser delays with UK to US shipments.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:04 pm 

Still waiting on my package stuck in the ISC since August.
Think it's time to forget about it - if it DOES show up, I'll be sure to post here.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 am 

I've had about 10-15 shipments sent or received over the past several months with only one obviously delayed shipment.  However, none of them have been international shipments.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext