Gateway To Adventure - Jim Roslof
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:20 pm 

I was emailing another Acaeum member and was asked what my favorite item in my collection was.  I told him it was the Masthead proposal drawings for The Gateway To Adventure insert I had from Jim Roslof.  I am not exactly sure what place Mr Roslof's drawings came in when they reviewed all the submissions, but to me his rendition of A Boy & A Dragon would have been a great choice had TSR not gone with the Demon Head.  And while I prefer Mr Roslof's drawing, I can't help but think TSR made the "right" choice with the Demon Head simply due to the publicity(and rantings of some that D&D was devil worshiping) and the anti-establishment twist it gave D&D to appeal to younger people.

Um, it appears I can only add three attachments per post so I need to threadcrap on myself.  Mr Roslof made 3 drawing for the Masthead, the one I mentioned and two involving a knight on horseback.  I will post the remaining pics on the next post.

Happy Gaming!

Last edited by seodude on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:21 pm 

Part 2

Last edited by seodude on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:49 pm 

Awesome drawings! Were these ever advanced further? Full color or anything close to that?

Mike

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:05 pm 

seodude wrote in Gateway To Adventure - Jim Roslof:I was emailing another Acaeum member and was asked what my favorite item in my collection was.  I told him it was the Masthead proposal drawings for The Gateway To Adventure insert I had from Jim Roslof.  I am not exactly sure what place Mr Roslof's drawings came in when they reviewed all the submissions, but to me his rendition of A Boy & A Dragon would have been a great choice had TSR not gone with the Demon Head.  And while I prefer Mr Roslof's drawing, I can't help but think TSR made the "right" choice with the Demon Head simply due to the publicity(and rantings of some that D&D was devil worshiping) and the anti-establishment twist it gave D&D to appeal to younger people.

Um, it appears I can only add three attachments per post so I need to threadcrap on myself.  Mr Roslof made 3 drawing for the Masthead, the one I mentioned and two involving a knight on horseback.  I will post the remaining pics on the next post.

Happy Gaming!

Hi, do you still have the photos that you originally posted in this thread? Just curious if you could repost them.