Collector's Trove Presents: The Tim Jiardini
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:32 am 

Well done, :D except now I am really curious as to what was being shipped to Mr. Gygax. 8O

Any chance we can get him to post here too? I'd love to see it happen and I know he posts on other boards. :D It is super cool that Stephen posts here now and would be awesome if we could get some of the other founding fathers as well. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:41 pm 

Anyone care to chip in to defray the cost of Paul's speeding ticket?  I'll start things off by sending him $5 via PayPal.  Anyone else want to pitch in?

-Stephen  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:30 pm 

More than fair, we owe it to him, how do you just "send" someone PayPal cash? Is it an option?

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:38 pm 

Did Paul actually get a ticket?! 8O  I though that was all just part of "T'was the night before shipping......." story.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:13 am 

Howdy All,

afoolandhis$ wrote:Anyone care to chip in to defray the cost of Paul's speeding ticket? I'll start things off by sending him $5 via PayPal. Anyone else want to pitch in?

No. no, no.  Absolutely not. :oops: Thank you very much, that is very generous but it was my own doing and therefore my responsibility. It was not my intent to draw financial aid from the group. Although, you once again prove that this is a good lot of folks with a fine sense of community. Thanks for that.

The joke is that there really was no reason for me to be speeding - I was the only one on the road at that hour! Also, if you pull a guy over at 3 in the morning and he's not drunk, stoned, or stealing something, you should probably give him a medal. Still can't believe she gave me a ticket for 45 in a 35 mph zone at 3 AM...

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:00 am 

stormber wrote:Still can't believe she gave me a ticket for 45 in a 35 mph zone at 3 AM...

B@#ch.  :evil:

That's just f@#ked up.  I hate when cops do that.  Like the last ticket I got, sure...I admit I was doing 75 in a 55 (at least it was an interstate road).  But the fact that the highway patrolman had to dodge the other cars doing 90-100 mph to get behind me and pull me over, now that just scorches my ass!  :evil:  :evil:

Only later did I find out that same patrolman spend every night just ticekting anyone on the stretch of road (as everyone speeds on it).

:(

Good news though, as I am a "safe driver" in the state of Florida, I took it to court, and it was dismissed with $66 court fees and no school.  Now I drive a lot slower, at least for a few years so I can redo that scam if needed later on.  8)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:25 am 

wooohoooooo my R1 arrived this morning!!! packaged very well too! wow i am well chuffed! (huge grin on my face about now - my boss thinks i have lost the plot)!

thanks paul and thanks also to tim!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:03 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:wooohoooooo my R1 arrived this morning!!! packaged very well too! wow i am well chuffed! (huge grin on my face about now - my boss thinks i have lost the plot)!

thanks paul and thanks also to tim! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Al

Congrats, Al.  Very nice indeed.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:29 pm 

yeah am really pleased with it! have 2 R-1's now so i can now sell the other :) wahay :)

just had a quick listen to that first quest LP too! hey its actually quite good! *goes looking for a tape to record it so he doesnt have to keep playing the vinyl*

for personal backup purposes i may hasten to add!  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:31 pm 

Nah, kj...

... much better a cd for that.

8)

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:35 pm 

well being a bit of a dork with these things, i have no idea of how to get a vinyl recording on my stereo onto a cd....just far too techie for me man!

:)

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous