Collector's Trove Presents: The Tim Jiardini
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:11 pm 

I too, just arrived! Nothing like reading and typing away on the Acaeum and a box of treats like this arrives 8O . A Doubble-Whamo :) !

Nice packing job Paul, you've got all the shipping goodies from foam to bubble wrap and such. Your place must look like a publishing house's shipping room when you're getting ready for the mailing. I can only imagine :lol: . Excellent across the board and our Feedback will reflect such.

Thanks,
Mike

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:23 pm 

Got mine today too.  Excellent packing.  I can't believe I'm holding those character sheets in my hands.  Wonderful.  :D  :D  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:25 pm 

You got the sheets! Nice, Just to think those were present at some landmark games. Congrats.  :)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:28 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:You got the sheets! Nice, Just to think those were present at some landmark games. Congrats. :)

I missed the sheets, what were they??

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:29 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:You got the sheets! Nice, Just to think those were present at some landmark games. Congrats. :)

Man, just looking at them, and reading Tim's notes, I really wish I could have been at the table rolling dice with those guys.   8)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:30 pm 

Hey, I'll play along — I just received the Gamma World set. Everything looks great. Be on the lookout for some positive feedback ... :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:31 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:

I missed the sheets, what were they??

They were for one of Tim Jardini's PCs that he used in campaigns with Gary Gygax and Co. Here is an auction link:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5173461546

Pretty sweet. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:48 pm 

man i am really jealous! my item hasnt arrived yet *taps fingers in impatience* :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:man i am really jealous! my item hasnt arrived yet *taps fingers in impatience* :D

:P  :P  :P

{j/k} :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:man i am really jealous! my item hasnt arrived yet *taps fingers in impatience* :D

:P :P :P

{j/k} :wink:

*hits bclarkie with his +3 spoon of maiming*  :twisted:

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
They were for one of Tim Jardini's PCs that he used in campaigns with Gary Gygax and Co. Here is an auction link:

Sweet, I'd never sell that.  That's one-of-a-kind!  8O

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:17 pm 

My package arrived today. Nice.
The packaging was super and the items are even better....(as always)

Thank you Paul....  :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:09 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Sweet, I'd never sell that. That's one-of-a-kind! 8O

Yeah, this is number one in my little collection now.  Man, it just feels so damn good to own this.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:31 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Yeah, this is number one in my little collection now. Man, it just feels so damn good to own this. :D

You were no "fool" to spend good $ on that. ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:28 am 

Howdy Mike,

invincibleoverlord wrote:Nice packing job Paul, you've got all the shipping goodies from foam to bubble wrap and such. Your place must look like a publishing house's shipping room when you're getting ready for the mailing. I can only imagine :lol: . Excellent across the board and our Feedback will reflect such.

Ah, the secret life of the "seller". It was 2:40 AM, not a creature was stiring all through the house, not even my Australian Cattle Dog Matilda. The kids and wife were asleep in their beds, visions of our morning trip to Kansas City danced in their heads. I flew to the door in a flash, with packages and packages I did dash. Setting them upon the living room floor, I slowly opend my creaky front door:

See that one leaning on the left, Mr. Huckerby, that's yours, all wrapped up in brown paper goodness. The one on top of the left stack, that's addressed to Gary Gygax - what could that be? The left stack and the tub, is to all of my compatriots here in the States. The right column packed with care for their overseas voyage or flight - to Germany, Italy, and the UK. Two to Canada. That brown one on the bottom left, well that packing has already been spoilt but it looks nice in the picture.

I flew to the post office in flash, too bad I didn't see that cop car in my mad dash! Three in the morning and the officer ticketed me without one twitch. All I can say is she is one cold bitch. One hundred and sixteen dollars I will pay, all to make my fellow collectors happy the next day.

At four AM I headed for bed, visions of happy collectors danced in my head. All too soon the alarm did ring, and my wife's sweet voice began to sing:

"Get out of the sack and start to pack! No talk of invincible and huckerby,
a2jeff and aneoth, killjoy and bclarkie, chromatic and all. Now drive away, drive away, drive away Paul!"

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:02 am 

8)  8) And Aneoth rolled onto the floor laughing, his big belly jouncing and bouncing like a bowl full of jelly..... 8)  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:32 am 

stormber wrote:See that one leaning on the left, Mr. Huckerby, that's yours, all wrapped up in brown paper goodness.

Apologies :oops: I should have mentioned that I hadn't finished bidding after the first wins.

Looks like it might slide under the gap on the bottom of the front door :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:23 am 

We should keep that pic on file for the newbie sellers (like me).  Here's how a pro packs stuff, kiddies.  :wink:

YIM  
PreviousNext