Collector's Trove Presents: The Tim Jiardini
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:45 pm 

I managed to get outbid on everything save the Gangbusters box.  Even tried some last minute snipes to no avail.  Just waiting on an invoice for shipping now, on a side note does anyone remember what dice(types) actually came with the early Gangbusters sets?

~jeff

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:52 pm 

beyerun wrote:I wonder if I had bid $194.94 on that GenCon program if the person that won would have outbid me at that price? :D

It makes me smile that someone who uses a sniping program to outbid at the last second, ended up paying more than $50 more for a program than they would have if I hadn't bid that much. :lol:

Have been in at least one very silly auction in that context: opening price of $75 and a grand total of two bids, I think; $400 and $450+ (mine, to win), both snipes, IIRC.

Could say the other bidder cost me $330, but I wasn't complaining (too much). :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:47 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Yea, you beat me snipes on the fantasy calnader and the X1 by $.05 each!!! :twisted: :wink:

Let that be a lesson to you! Never bid in whole £/$. :D

Will probably end up costing more in PayPal and sniping fees. :cry:

Nice! :wink: I really laughed when your snipes both beat me for $.05 each. I actually bid on both of them for a couple of reasons, but primarly I wanted to win something, which I did anyway. I also wanted to make sure that everything got sold. I just couldn't see Paul relisting the Tim Jardini collection lot 070 through 075 for an old X1, a fantasy calendar from 1983, and 3 dragon magazines 147, 160, and 161. It would have been kind of silly. :wink:   One other notable thing about last nights auctions though, is that it certainly has electrified this board. Lots of action the last 12 hours with some good posts and some visits from folks we haven't heard from in awhile. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:50 pm 

i think its just nice to have a piece of the TSR history just for yourself. it might only be an X1 or whatever....but there will always be a lil more to it than that - thats the way i look at it anyway. i can't wait to get that R-1!

c'mon stormy lad, get your finger out and invoice me! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:15 pm 

I have to echo killjoy's comment about that. I got the Lost City & Complete Fighters just to have some piece of the history there. I would have like to have the foreign Silver Princess but the staple damage held me back. I kind of regret that now. There were a lot of nice items and the B3, or Players Handbook are great items but in my opinion the true gem there though had to be the character sheets with a letter to prove they are from the Tim. I was willing to spend a little over $100 for it but it was already past that by the time I looked back in. I will probably regret going cheap on that one for years to come as well. If bombadil-tom would ever be willing to share the 3 page history information I would love to see it.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:27 pm 

Marlith wrote:... in my opinion the true gem there though had to be the character sheets with a letter to prove they are from the Tim. I was willing to spend a little over $100 for it but it was already past that by the time I looked back in. I will probably regret going cheap on that one for years to come as well. If bombadil-tom would ever be willing to share the 3 page history information I would love to see it.

Sure, I'd be happy to do that.  I'm thrilled to have won that one, and can't wait to get those sheets in my hands.    :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:27 pm 

I'd be happy to host the PC info on it on my site, afoolandhis$/bombadil-tom, if you're willing/interested :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:40 pm 

Has anyone received an e-mail from Paul with an invoice including the shipping?

I'm still waiting; no rush though Paul, I know it must take a few days to get it all togeather if you're reading this.

On another note, I just received this little e-mail from a "Fmatxmarine" an Ebayer. It put a smile on my face, not that I ever doubted its authenticity coming from Paul's Researched auctions. But a little more History and Mystique to the book. Thanks again if you're on this Board.

Dear invincibleoverlord,

Just an FYI on the PHB you purchased. Gary posts on ENWorld so I asked him about the authenticity of this PHB. He verified that he knew Tim Jiardini personally but didn't specifically remember the event. He said he would eMail Ernie & ask about it. He later replied with the following... "Here is what Ernie emailed in response to my query: 'Father it does sound like me breaking the rules and selling items before the chains could have them on the shelf. I liked Tim and would have thought up the gimmick of letting him have the 1st one sold! You don't know how hard it was to get $$$ out of Tim's hands and now it has come around for him as a fine investment (as well as all the play he received from it). The autograph does in fact look like yours and since we were at 723 Williams St. it would have been just a walk up the stairs to get your official statement.' As for my part, I can say that surely is my sig Consensus: This is the real thing. cheers, Gary"

8O :D

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:47 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Has anyone received an e-mail from Paul with an invoice including the shipping?

I'm still waiting; no rush though Paul, I know it must take a few days to get it all togeather if you're reading this.

I got an email yesterday for my small auction--although I emailed back to ask about insurance, he must indeed be very busy, so being impatient, I presumptiously overpaid with an apology note attached, if he took offense, not to worry about reimbersing me the extra as he will probably be so tired of emails/shipping/packing and record keeping, we prob. wont see another auction for a little while ;)  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:56 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Has anyone received an e-mail from Paul with an invoice including the shipping?

Paul's usually a little slow in shipping. Could be weeks. Depends on how busy he is.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:10 am 

Howdy,

Everyone should have received their first invoice by now. Yesterday I accidentally skipped two folks as I went through the list - you were one invincible. :oops: I sent it earlier today.

I have 19 of 37 packages put together. As the computer used to say on Star Trek, "Working..." :D

If there was a change or you had a second question or request I'll be getting to that. A few have requested that I wait until after the Sutherland auction ends.

It has been only 3 days since the end of the auction. :?

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:15 am 

Howdy,

mbassoc2003 wrote:Paul's usually a little slow in shipping. Could be weeks. Depends on how busy he is.

Hey now. It's not "usually slow" nor always "weeks", sometimes those Letters of Authentication are a little slow coming in from the Authenticator! :P

Of course, my three daughters (15 month, 5 and 7 years old) are great "helpers". They really speed the process up.  8)

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:59 am 

stormber wrote:........sometimes those Letters of Authentication are a little slow coming in from the Authenticator! :P
Of course, my three daughters (15 month, 5 and 7 years old) are great "helpers". They really speed the process up. 8)
Futures Bright,
Paul

I got my invoice fast, and I paid fast.
I am willing to wait to get to my Authentic 'Letters of Authentication' from the girls.......8O  8)  :wink:
I am in no hurry. I know that the package will soon be in the mailbox.... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:19 am 

i've paid and am happy to wait paul, so when youre ready chummer!

cheers, Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:46 am 

stormber wrote:Of course, my three daughters (15 month, 5 and 7 years old) are great "helpers". They really speed the process up. 8)

It takes time to colour in those pictures in that True 1st and B3. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:03 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
stormber wrote:Of course, my three daughters (15 month, 5 and 7 years old) are great "helpers". They really speed the process up. 8)

Makes a lot of sense, one more reason to trust Paul with your fine art auction.

You know, there is a large trove of Paul Jacquay's stuff out there ...

After Paul gets my Orange Princess sold (don't want him distracted) I'll have to talk to Paul about putting some of his stuff up for auction.

But it is my other collection sink tonight -- swords and cutting (soft targets only).

Regards,

Stephen

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:26 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

Argh.  I've killed people for less.  That mental image was like getting hit with an ego whip when you have less than 59 psionic points left.

Lloyd Brown

Just some guy

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:59 pm 

Well, I am very happy to say, that I just received my shipment today, and I am very pleased!!! :D Thanks a bunch Paul. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext