Collector's Trove Presents: The Tim Jiardini
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:09 am 

Howdy Folks,

The Collector's Trove Presents..., Tim Jiardini auction is going to be listed next Sunday night. You can find specifics here:

viewtopic.php?p=17291

I have posted this thread here for questions and discussions. Should be a great auction!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:49 am 

some fabulous items there! have thrown a load of bids in - see how they go now :)

will follow up on the ones i certainly want - you never know i might actually win 1 thing which would be cool :)

thanks for the auctions paul. been waiting on you putting these up!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:17 am 

Well so far everything seems to have gotten a pretty good start. :D   The Orange B3 didn't waste anytime that for sure, already $255.00. 8O  Still considering that serious run though.............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:45 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well so far everything seems to have gotten a pretty good start. :D  The Orange B3 didn't waste anytime that for sure, already $255.00. 8O Still considering that serious run though.............

i thought i would start with a chance with $250 but hey there you go! glad its going to go higher tho, as i hope most of this stuff does, as it deserves to!

i have my items earmarked which i will give a full salvo when the time comes now :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:16 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Well so far everything seems to have gotten a pretty good start. :D The Orange B3 didn't waste anytime that for sure, already $255.00. 8O Still considering that serious run though.............

i thought i would start with a chance with $250 but hey there you go! glad its going to go higher tho, as i hope most of this stuff does, as it deserves to!

i have my items earmarked which i will give a full salvo when the time comes now :)

I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:22 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Well guys, this sniper is all out of cash  :( , so I won't be bugging you's too much on this one. :D

I had to think hard about the MM, PHB and DMG combo though. Might still try for that one. As regards the rest; good luck to everyone. Looks like it could get exciting.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Well guys, this sniper is all out of cash :( , so I won't be bugging you's too much on this one. :D

I had to think hard about the MM, PHB and DMG combo though. Might still try for that one. As regards the rest; good luck to everyone. Looks like it could get exciting.

RATS!! :wink: Actually I am planning on making a pretty strong push on those as well. I can honsetly say they be the nicest looking hardcovers I have ever seen for sale on Ebay. I'll bet they never touched a store shelf.

afoolandhis$ wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Yes, VERY painful indeed............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:RATS!! :wink: Actually I am planning on making a pretty strong push on those as well. I can honsetly say they be the nicest looking hardcovers I have ever seen for sale on Ebay. I'll bet they never touched a store shelf.

They're probably safer with you. I thought I'd find out what printing they were...  :lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:00 am 

This is going to be a fun auction to watch. I've got my eye on several items, hopefully not the expensive ones! :)

Orange B3 is already at $355. yoink!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:07 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Orange B3 is already at $355. yoink!

Wow! 10% alraedy. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:20 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:Orange B3 is already at $355. yoink!

yeah getting into the "higher realms" now where us lesser mortals never step!!!! well maybe you do sometimes, but not me :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:19 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

yeah getting into the "higher realms" now where us lesser mortals never step!!!! well maybe you do sometimes, but not me :)

Well *I* certainly don't! Y'all are high-rollers compared to me. I'm keeping my eye on the Gamma World and Star Frontiers SW boxes. Also the B1 Mono.

Question: what do you guys think that World of Greyhawk folio will eventually go for? I'm watching that too, but I think it'll get out of my range.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:21 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Question: what do you guys think that World of Greyhawk folio will eventually go for? I'm watching that too, but I think it'll get out of my range.

Are there significant differences in the World of Greyhawk folios? I notice you can get one with the words in black and one in blue? Apart from that, is there any difference?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:23 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:Question: what do you guys think that World of Greyhawk folio will eventually go for? I'm watching that too, but I think it'll get out of my range.

Are there significant differences in the World of Greyhawk folios? I notice you can get one with the words in black and one in blue? Apart from that, is there any difference?

I bow to the Acaeum knowledge!!

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/MiscPages/WrldGrey.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:27 pm 

Yeah, it would appear that they are the same.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:28 pm 

Heh, heh. Kinda glad Tim didn't accept my offer on his "1st" PHB. :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5173461823

Does anyone recognise the handles of those two eBayers who are pushing the price up so early? (<diaglo>, <hellsreach>)

*looks around*

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:43 pm 

Think I am going to get beat out on just about everything I have bid on, still winning on the proof copy (probally not for long, but hey I can dream).

Hoping to get the Gangbusters box, think that was the third game I ever played (after DnD and TS/SI), of course I accidentily bid higher on the folio, didn't pay attention, was thinking I was bidding again on the 1980 Gamma World, oh well.

~jeff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:31 pm 

GamersRest[FNG] wrote:of course I accidentily bid higher on the folio, didn't pay attention, was thinking I was bidding again on the 1980 Gamma World, oh well.

*glare*

;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:36 pm 

Howdy,

harami2000 wrote:Heh, heh. Kinda glad Tim didn't accept my offer on his "1st" PHB. :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5173461823

Does anyone recognise the handles of those two eBayers who are pushing the price up so early? (<diaglo>, <hellsreach>)

*looks around*

I think they came over from the thread on Dragonsfoot.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:36 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:[quote="GamersRest[FNG]"]of course I accidentily bid higher on the folio, didn't pay attention, was thinking I was bidding again on the 1980 Gamma World, oh well.

*glare*

;)[/quote]

You can always try and outbid me...wouldn't hurt my feelings too much.

~jeff

Next