Collector's Trove Presents: The Tim Jiardini
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:09 am 

Howdy Folks,

The Collector's Trove Presents..., Tim Jiardini auction is going to be listed next Sunday night. You can find specifics here:

viewtopic.php?p=17291

I have posted this thread here for questions and discussions. Should be a great auction!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:49 am 

some fabulous items there! have thrown a load of bids in - see how they go now :)

will follow up on the ones i certainly want - you never know i might actually win 1 thing which would be cool :)

thanks for the auctions paul. been waiting on you putting these up!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:17 am 

Well so far everything seems to have gotten a pretty good start. :D   The Orange B3 didn't waste anytime that for sure, already $255.00. 8O  Still considering that serious run though.............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:45 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well so far everything seems to have gotten a pretty good start. :D  The Orange B3 didn't waste anytime that for sure, already $255.00. 8O Still considering that serious run though.............

i thought i would start with a chance with $250 but hey there you go! glad its going to go higher tho, as i hope most of this stuff does, as it deserves to!

i have my items earmarked which i will give a full salvo when the time comes now :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:16 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Well so far everything seems to have gotten a pretty good start. :D The Orange B3 didn't waste anytime that for sure, already $255.00. 8O Still considering that serious run though.............

i thought i would start with a chance with $250 but hey there you go! glad its going to go higher tho, as i hope most of this stuff does, as it deserves to!

i have my items earmarked which i will give a full salvo when the time comes now :)

I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:22 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Well guys, this sniper is all out of cash  :( , so I won't be bugging you's too much on this one. :D

I had to think hard about the MM, PHB and DMG combo though. Might still try for that one. As regards the rest; good luck to everyone. Looks like it could get exciting.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Well guys, this sniper is all out of cash :( , so I won't be bugging you's too much on this one. :D

I had to think hard about the MM, PHB and DMG combo though. Might still try for that one. As regards the rest; good luck to everyone. Looks like it could get exciting.

RATS!! :wink: Actually I am planning on making a pretty strong push on those as well. I can honsetly say they be the nicest looking hardcovers I have ever seen for sale on Ebay. I'll bet they never touched a store shelf.

afoolandhis$ wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be painful...

Yes, VERY painful indeed............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:RATS!! :wink: Actually I am planning on making a pretty strong push on those as well. I can honsetly say they be the nicest looking hardcovers I have ever seen for sale on Ebay. I'll bet they never touched a store shelf.

They're probably safer with you. I thought I'd find out what printing they were...  :lol:  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:00 am 

This is going to be a fun auction to watch. I've got my eye on several items, hopefully not the expensive ones! :)

Orange B3 is already at $355. yoink!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:07 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Orange B3 is already at $355. yoink!

Wow! 10% alraedy. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:20 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:Orange B3 is already at $355. yoink!

yeah getting into the "higher realms" now where us lesser mortals never step!!!! well maybe you do sometimes, but not me :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:19 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

yeah getting into the "higher realms" now where us lesser mortals never step!!!! well maybe you do sometimes, but not me :)

Well *I* certainly don't! Y'all are high-rollers compared to me. I'm keeping my eye on the Gamma World and Star Frontiers SW boxes. Also the B1 Mono.

Question: what do you guys think that World of Greyhawk folio will eventually go for? I'm watching that too, but I think it'll get out of my range.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:21 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Question: what do you guys think that World of Greyhawk folio will eventually go for? I'm watching that too, but I think it'll get out of my range.

Are there significant differences in the World of Greyhawk folios? I notice you can get one with the words in black and one in blue? Apart from that, is there any difference?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:23 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:Question: what do you guys think that World of Greyhawk folio will eventually go for? I'm watching that too, but I think it'll get out of my range.

Are there significant differences in the World of Greyhawk folios? I notice you can get one with the words in black and one in blue? Apart from that, is there any difference?

I bow to the Acaeum knowledge!!

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/MiscPages/WrldGrey.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:27 pm 

Yeah, it would appear that they are the same.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:28 pm 

Heh, heh. Kinda glad Tim didn't accept my offer on his "1st" PHB. :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5173461823

Does anyone recognise the handles of those two eBayers who are pushing the price up so early? (<diaglo>, <hellsreach>)

*looks around*

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:43 pm 

Think I am going to get beat out on just about everything I have bid on, still winning on the proof copy (probally not for long, but hey I can dream).

Hoping to get the Gangbusters box, think that was the third game I ever played (after DnD and TS/SI), of course I accidentily bid higher on the folio, didn't pay attention, was thinking I was bidding again on the 1980 Gamma World, oh well.

~jeff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:31 pm 

GamersRest[FNG] wrote:of course I accidentily bid higher on the folio, didn't pay attention, was thinking I was bidding again on the 1980 Gamma World, oh well.

*glare*

;)

Next