my fingers hurt!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:20 am 

Just spent the last 30 mins canceling all these couger bids and I haven't got them all yet!

No couger I am not your discount factory module outlet!

If I sell a module for a $1 its going to someone who will use it.

That and I just took the time to read his feedback left for others lol

Sad thing is this guy won 2 items before I blocked him gonna be fun!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 am 

Do you have to block him on each auction or had you not blocked him before the auctions started?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:51 am 

I didn't have him blocked before, I was just gonna let his bids stand because I didn't wanna have to screw with canceling every bid........

I have him blocked now, should have from the start, oops.

lol now I can look forward to 2 negs hehe

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:51 am 

draco76 wrote:Just spent the last 30 mins canceling all these couger bids and I haven't got them all yet!

Well this should be fun to see what develops  8O  Good Luck :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:24 am 

draco76 wrote:Just spent the last 30 mins canceling all these couger bids and I haven't got them all yet!

ooooo corey can i have a load of mods for $1 now then  8O  wahay! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:53 pm 

draco76 wrote:lol now I can look forward to 2 negs hehe

*merf*. I'll be very surprised if you don't get them, even if you totally fulfil your side of the deal... :(
He can be very quick to take a dislike to people who don't play along with him.

Have you given him positive feedback for rapid payment, yet?
If not, just insist on playing his "buyer gives feedback first" trick, phps; on a one-off basis.

draco76 wrote:No couger I am not your discount factory module outlet!

Amen to that, <draco> :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:27 pm 

If he bashes you, I'm sure some sniper will feed him a ton of negs.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:38 pm 

What's the deal with this 'coug' guy anyway? Is he trying to corner the market or what? Just curious as you all seem to be quite familiar with his antics.

Scouts out!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:56 pm 

cavscout761 wrote:What's the deal with this 'coug' guy anyway? Is he trying to corner the market or what? Just curious as you all seem to be quite familiar with his antics.

Multiple deals, really... all wrapped up in a fun-sized furry package.

He's only really interested in his reputation, feedback and money; and is more than happy to trample anyone else who gets in the way of any of those.
Keeps asking people to be "friendly" to him, yet shows no mercy to anyone else...

Besides that, invidious market cornering techniques, bidding on U.S. only sales before getting the OK from the seller and barging in with his "Power Seller" credentials to try to twist the bid/sale, unsavory feedback techniques (to keep his own record close to "pure"), feedback extortion ( Feedback Extortion from Cougar... ), illegal reuse of used postage stamps (defauding both the postal service and his own buyers), what other reasons might you be looking for? ;)

JM-2-cents, of course ^^

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:07 pm 

cavscout761 wrote:What's the deal with this 'coug' guy anyway? Is he trying to corner the market or what? Just curious as you all seem to be quite familiar with his antics.

harami2000 wrote:Multiple deals, really... all wrapped up in a fun-sized furry package.

Wow that really made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

harami2000 wrote:He's only really interested in his reputation, feedback and money; and is more than happy to trample anyone else who gets in the way of any of those.
Keeps asking people to be "friendly" to him, yet shows no mercy to anyone else...

Besides that, invidious market cornering techniques, bidding on U.S. only sales before getting the OK from the seller and barging in with his "Power Seller" credentials to try to twist the bid/sale, unsavory feedback techniques (to keep his own record close to "pure"), feedback extortion ( Feedback Extortion from Cougar... ), illegal reuse of used postage stamps (defauding both the postal service and his own buyers), what other reasons might you be looking for? ;)

JM-2-cents, of course ^^

Nope, that about sums it all up real nicely. :wink: :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Wow that really made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*chuckles*. You're welcome! Anything to try and get a smile out of cougarkitty as a topic of conversation ^^

And if it helps to get a few other people to "wake up and smell the coffee" before he gets his paws on that, too; so much the better, perhaps...

...After not heeding the warning signs myself and getting bit by him, too, of course... :oops:

bclarkie wrote:<clip>Nope, that about sums it all up real nicely. :wink: :D

Hrmm... that is quite a long list, actually... :( :(

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:30 pm 

Wow, thanks for the info. I am so new to all of this (both this site and ebay) that your help is greatly appreciated. When I sell anything that may be of interest to anyone here, I will certainly block 'ole Mr. Kitty' from participating. Given these sort of shenanigans on ebay, is it better to just use the classifieds here and deal directly with you true collectors?

Scouts out!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:18 pm 

cavscout761 wrote:Wow, thanks for the info. I am so new to all of this (both this site and ebay) that your help is greatly appreciated. When I sell anything that may be of interest to anyone here, I will certainly block 'ole Mr. Kitty' from participating. Given these sort of shenanigans on ebay, is it better to just use the classifieds here and deal directly with you true collectors?

Depends what you've got. If you've got a crappy common module called ST1 and you fancy the eBay option and someone asks if you have a Buy It Now price, I would advise obliging that person with a realsitic $5-$10. :twisted:

(One day it will work  :wink: )

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:27 pm 

So far, just a D-2 2nd; a World of Greyhawk 4th (?); and an OCE set. Am watching an OCE set on ebay right now to see what it will bring, Mine has a better box and REALLY good condition books and reference sheet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Scouts out!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:19 pm 

Well the main reason I am blocking him is because read his feedback left for others.  He has neged people for bullshit reasons like him getting charges customs... wtf like thats the sellers problem?  Also he's neged people for refusing to send shit va M-Bag, and look at how many feedbacks he has on lost packages.  I have never once had the post office loose anything, his refund policy is even if he screws up you gotta pay for it.  

I'll send this guy his bill if he pays I'll send him his postage, if he leaves postive feedback upon delivery I will do the same, but if not on the 89th day he's getting 2 negs just because he has the same policy.

And another reason is the fucker bid on every damn thing I put on ebay as soon as I listed it I had a couple with errors like wrong picture I couldn't edit because his ass bid.  That and smart people don't wanna bid against the guy because he just keeps uping his bid, so your auction just comes a snipe only or people just forget about it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Wow that really made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*chuckles*. You're welcome! Anything to try and get a smile out of cougarkitty as a topic of conversation ^^

And if it helps to get a few other people to "wake up and smell the coffee" before he gets his paws on that, too; so much the better, perhaps...

...After not heeding the warning signs myself and getting bit by him, too, of course... :oops:

bclarkie wrote:<clip>Nope, that about sums it all up real nicely. :wink: :D

Hrmm... that is quite a long list, actually... :( :(

OMG, I think that I almost p*ssed my pants when I saw that picture.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My question for you though, was that picture taken in your own kitchen or was it his? I know he is rather pushy, but I hope he wasn't making himself at home to your coffee.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:32 pm 

He isn't gonna like this one not gonna be able to talk me into M-baging it :P  that and that freaken Birthright box is almost 4 pounts itself.
Sad thing is these are not inflated prices, but he's not able to buy more from me so he's blocked so if he was hoping for combined shipping well hehe gues not.  Don't see much profit in this transaction.
poor kitty....

Please note that this is a system generated email. Please do not reply to
this email. If you have questions, please click the following link or
paste it in your browser.

Welcome to eBay

Dear cougarrinard,

Thank you for your purchases. The total for your items below is US $43.21.

To ensure fast delivery, please go to the URL below to complete payment :

Welcome to eBay

You can pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal.
I accept the following payment methods: PayPal; Personal cheque; money order; .

============================================================
Item #/Item Title                              Qty     Price
============================================================
5167884264                                       1  US $7.21
AD&D Brithright Campaign setting 3100 BOX SET

5167873639                                       1  US $2.00
D&D Dungeons & Dragons FRA1 Storm Riders 9281

------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: US $9.21
Postage and packaging via USPS Airmail Parcel Post : US $34.00

----------------------
Total: US $43.21

Your package is 4 pounds and 4 oz with box and light packing.  go to The page cannot be found
Airmail parsel post $32.00 +$2 packing/handling
Economy $23.00 + $2
insurance is extra, "I cannot/won?t take any blame for uninsured items missing, lost or damaged in transit."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:26 am 

draco76 wrote:He isn't gonna like this one not gonna be able to talk me into M-baging it :P that and that freaken Birthright box is almost 4 pounts itself.

4 pounds, 4 ounces total... Heh. Would probably have been too large for a Global Priority box, anyhow!

Those medium-sized wins are the worst, IMO; anything 5-7 pounds or so and there's no "next step" up to the M-Bag (always best agreed in advance that, of course!).
And at $27.50 for that (by airmail), it's usually easier just to pay the extra $10 or so and get regular airmail post. "Prioritisation" of airmail M-Bags has been kinda dodgy recently, for me anyhow; had a couple which were slower than the surface ones...

Faced with that choice, <draco>, I'd probably be asking you whether you'd mind if I paid your re-listing fees. Or else just write off the $9.21.
(Is about the same as I gave da coug in extra payment for my purchase from him and look what good that did me...).

Next