SHADY DEALERS THREAD.
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:40 pm 

Ok folks, based on ifearyeti's observation about the first shady dealers thread that turned into the MAXWELL show 8O , it was probably a good idea to start a new thread, so here it is. I will follow up with some cut and pastes of the previous sellers listed to make sure those already listed are noted in here. I hope this helps. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:40 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Here is the start of the list

caliverbooks

defreville43

Please feel free to add any others!!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:41 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:Selling photocopies of cheap modules and keeping the bidder list private is shady, isn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 46771&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:42 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Btw, Maybe we should include the "coug" lol. :lol:

Feel free...

Anyone who feels the need to defraud the postal service to maximise his own profits deserves a serious slamming.
(In addition to all the other good reasons I could think of, for adding him to the list).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558879525
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558762980
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558935732
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5556974445
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5557758582
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5557758837
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5557758952
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5557759354
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5557830035
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558674281
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558961955
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558720680
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558740261
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558740735
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558742323
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558767294
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558767518
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5558768588
etc., etc.

d.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:44 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Just a warning to potential buyers from Cougarrinard. If you don't leave positive feedback, you will receive the email at the bottom on a weekly basis. I won't even waste my breath (or should I say fingers) on the should/shouldn't you leave feedback first debate. It's been done to death. Make up your own minds.
=========

re; Feedback;

I too shared your belief & reasons for the feedback procedure that you request, until I had the following revelations;

Firstly I became aware that I was leaving many more feedbacks than I was receiving.   Upon reaching 4,000 left for me I had left over 5,000 not a very good return rate?  I found that if I left feedback first the other party very often did not bother.

Secondly other Power sellers had adopted the new procedure and advised me to use it, it also gives me notice that the items have arrived.

Thirdly, if some one returns an item expecting a refund surel'y then I become in effect the buyer so feedback should be left then by who? originally? the first leave feedback for me rule dont hold water in such instances?

But the final straw came when I sold an item to someone (left the feedback accordingly - at the time when the payment came through) who was just fussy, picky and damn right nasty.  Insisted I refund him in full, before he returned the item, threatened me with EBay proceedings, stating that he lived only 10 mins from EBay HQ USA, & that his mother was a high court judge.  Stupidly I succumbed to his threats & he left me negative feedback anyway, which left me with no recourse -, as I had already left him positive feedback & refunded his money.  I was only trying to keep good customer relations & uphold my good feedback rating, but this person (I use the term loosely) really made me think about the feedback procedure & thus its now the way I must do it.

I hope you understand its nothing personal & am sure that your items now & future & our feedbacks will be ok.  After 4 years on Ebay & around 2,000 rated on over 6,000 items I am sure you can understand my reasons

Finally I can add that I have no need not to post you feedback once you have as I want your continued custom, & not giving you any feedback or bad feedback would risk that?

thanks

--Dave

----- Original Message -----
To: DAVID WHITFIELD
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: 5939131308 dice

Dave

I say this to everyone who asks. As a seller I leave feedback first (which no one ever questions). As a buyer I leave feedback second or not at all (which seems to cause the most questions).

I hope you understand that I do this to prevent feedback extortion and that I believe the person who is left with the money has taken the least risk.

But I can say that the dice were packed well and I would not hesitate to leave the appropriate feedback under the right circumstances.

Regards.

John.
----- Original Message -----
To: John Huckerby
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:36 AM
Subject: 5939131308 dice

PLEASE?
EBAY FEEDBACK

hi,

I am very sorry to trouble you but was wondering if you were going to leave feedback for the above transaction?

You see I believe the transaction is not fully completed/over/finished until feedback has been left?

Also its a good indication if you received the item or not?

So please take a few minutes to leave feedback, if all is well I hope for a positive, if something's wrong please e-mail me first before leaving neg or neutral?

thanks for understanding,

the feedback rating gives others clear indication of trading ability both buying & selling - recommendations go along way, you would not want your car fixed by an unreputable mechanic any more than your buy your house from a rough trader.

So please help to spread good vibes via feedback about those traders who deserve it?

thanks for your time

--Dave

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:46 pm 

morgansurname wrote:Regarding Maxwell:

Ya know...uh...this guy just reminds me of someone else....really. It's almost as if he is TGE/ETC, but morphed a bit. I don't know what it is..but reading his comments and post give the same impression of a deranged individual.....I gotta go back and read some other things to compare, but does anyone else feel as if they have read/written to this guy?

Speaking of vulgarity, did you see this feedback?

Exorbitant shipping and handling fees which were not listed in description.
Buyer  iamdragrad ( 1 )  Feb-19-05 11:37 5949760587
Reply by brucem253: Another aZZhole who wanted it sent a SPECIAL WAY. Shipping totally listed. JERK  Feb-19-05 13:35
Follow-up by iamdragrad: 20 $US shipping prices were NOT listed. Replies with insults... I rest my case.  Feb-21-05 09:23

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:47 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Not to interrupt this highly entertaining exchange, but has anyone had bad dealings with trollandtoad.com?

Two recent purchases from them were way off of their online descriptions. One was described as shrinked, but turned out it wasn't; the other was a "true first print" PHB that turned out to be a 6th printing.

They were nice enough about refunds, though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:48 pm 

belial418 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Not to interrupt this highly entertaining exchange, but has anyone had bad dealings with trollandtoad.com?

Two recent purchases from them were way off of their online descriptions. One was described as shrinked, but turned out it wasn't; the other was a "true first print" PHB that turned out to be a 6th printing.

They were nice enough about refunds, though.

Yeah they got me too--I even emailed and told him I was surprised and doubted they really had a Shrink Wrapped Basic set (The one with the Red Dragon, the Wizard and the fighter) I guess you call it the 1978 version? I dont know--well, it really was--but not shrink wrapped and not in mint cond. But it was better than I had hoped for I guess. I'm still learning--but it seems I'm getting burned constantly! :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:49 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
belial418 wrote:
Yeah they got me too--I even emailed and told him I was surprised and doubted they really had a Shrink Wrapped Basic set (The one with the Red Dragon, the Wizard and the fighter) I guess you call it the 1978 version? I dont know--well, it really was--but not shrink wrapped and not in mint cond. But it was better than I had hoped for I guess. I'm still learning--but it seems I'm getting burned constantly! :oops:

I actually spoke to them on the phone before ordering the "true first" PHB, and they confirmed the online description before sending me a 6th print. After I got it and called back to complain, they said they never had a true first. So...an honest mistake, or are they a shady dealer? After reading about your experience, I'm inclined to think they're a bit shady. :evil:

Wow, fascinating exchanges with maxwell, and useful (to say the least) info on cougarrinard. Glad to be here and benefit from the wisdom and vast experience of others. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:50 pm 

Badmike wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:If you block "him" though you can expect something like this. . . (these emails were from back in November, but I never posted them here yet.) Some pretty funny stuff in his reply. . . :D

His Reply

thank you for the reply, very honest & open.
I wonder do you also block the other big names like darksaraphim, guico
the
gypsy, badmike books? or is it just me that your descriminating
against?
While I do sort of understand your reasons, I can see no advantage in
blocking one of the (and soon to be the) biggest D&D traders on Ebay.
It
would certainly help up the prices of your item if nothing else? I
am
almost sure that we have dealt successfully with each other previously,
and
blocking me becasue i may resell or make a profit seems anti-
commercial to
me? If everyone did this there would be no trade in th efree world
atall?
Manufacrturers would not seel their product for fear that wholesallers
may
turn a profit, wholesaller swould not pas anything onto retailers, and
consumers well the'd starve, but probably die of boredom first?
I do respect that you have the right to block/stop trading with anyone
you
choose, I just feel that as a titanium powerseller with 3395 rating I
am
being voctimised because of my hard work (& it has been hard sometimes
building my business from zero to what it is now) and feeling like
that if
i was a newbie or a not so hard working small business man I would not
have
ben put on stop and we would not be having this conversation?
Again I thank you for your honesty & the reply
--dave

That Shithead. If he thinks he's been "voctimised" before, wait until I get through bumping up all his auctions another $5-$10. I'll cost the prick $1000 a month to stop his march to being (soon to be) one of the biggest D&D traders on Ebay. When a moron like that doesn't know the difference between a greedhead cornering the market on something and a legitmate businessman, what's the point of trying to beat it into his pointy head.
 Hey, I"m one of the Big Names now though. Pardon me guys I'm off to corner the market on CM5 Mystery of the Snow Pearls....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:52 pm 

belial418 wrote:Well, I suppose I have 2-3 listings for the "Shadiest Dealer" of the week so far, I'll prob. have to go with Mr.Trolland toad--but then again, if he really does give fast refunds no questions asked, thats actually being honest.
I paid for a bunch of auctions the other day (different dealer) and one module was not sent--it was only worth about $6, but it is the principle right? I gave feedback on everything but the one I did not recieve and contacted the seller, should I do anything else? Is it worth it? I've been doing business with him for about 2 years now actually--and this has never happened. Any suggesstions?

(We now return to our regularly scheduled verbal assualt conflict main event!!!")

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Deadlord36 wrote:Assault.
I would get in touch with him and let him know. 2 years is a long time to be dealing with someone. I'm sure it was just a mistake.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Well, I would definitely contact the seller first. Sometimes, particularly with newer sellers and large sellers, things sometimes get overlooked. Most times, it is purely an honest mistake. I would definitely email them first and inquire, then depending on the response(or lack there of :evil: ) you get should determine your next action.

I haven't yet returned the 6th printing PHB that was listed as a true first, so I can't comment on their refund policy. But I can say that they sent me a FedEx bill of lading within two days of my complaint. They seem pretty nice on the phone, but my 2 experiences and those of Belial make me wonder why they're so often way off on their item descriptions. I'm just going to stay away from them from now on.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:26 am 

Well done, bclarkie!  Thanks for cleaning it up. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:49 am 

Thanks  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:01 pm 

Well here is a rather shady selling technique:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 2&rd=1

Seller is selling a lot of 1st ed. Hardcovers, which is fine, he also has some nice clean pictures showing the various books, which is also fine. However, check out his last picture, it shows a picture of the Cthulhu page from Deities & Demigods, which is not included in the auction. That can be pretty deceiving if you are not fully paying attention to all the details :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well here is a rather shady selling technique:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 2&rd=1

Seller is selling a lot of 1st ed. Hardcovers, which is fine, he also has some nice clean pictures showing the various books, which is also fine. However, check out his last picture, it shows a picture of the Cthulhu page from Deities & Demigods, which is not included in the auction. That can be pretty deceiving if you are not fully paying attention to all the details :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Looks to me like a genuine mistake.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:17 am 

Q: hi, I am 3761 rated, a Titanium Powerseller & could pay with pay pal (or cash US) I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred. Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok? --Dave

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Next