Moderation
Author

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:03 am 

As many of you know, I have a fairly high tolerance threshold when it comes to idiocy.  I've made a point of stating that these forums are unmoderated, which means that basically anything goes here, within reason.

While I'm not going to get into a discussion of what "within reason" should be specifically defined as, let's just say that "within reason" is what a normal person might regard as appropriate for an unmoderated forum on D&D collecting.

Ergo, examples of "within reason" posts are:

1) Posts that stray off-topic, such as describing your pet hamster

2) Posts that attack someone else in a reasonable manner, even using colorful language

Examples of "outside of reason" posts are:

1) Posts that do not have a goddamn thing to do with any aspect of games, collecting, or collectors whatsoever.  If you post a picture of your girlfriend in a new thread, you're running the risk that I will delete it outright.

2) Posts that attack someone in an unreasonable manner.  Everyone is free to express their opinions, however far to the left (or right) those opinions might be, and using whatever language they deem necessary.  However, if the balance of your postings are utter garbage, and/or you personally threaten someone on this board via public or private message, I will probably ban your account.  There will probably not be a warning.

In summary, I'm simply asking "don't be an idiot".  Most of us don't need to be told what an idiot is.  I'm not going to post this message at the top of every forum, or even make it sticky -- if you need to be told these things, you're probably going to get banned from here regardless of whether or not you read this message.  And these type of characters don't typically do a lot of reading, anyway.  Enough said.

For those who don't like to read between the lines, I've banned maxwell's account, and removed two of his recent threads.  Besides this latest round of delusional posting, max has accused me of changing his password (twice), as well as pretended his account was hacked and personal information posted.  Neither actually occurred, of course, and I'm guessing that he was attempting to get himself banned or otherwise unable to access the forum, so he wouldn't have to respond to the many posts against him (and claim the moral high ground in the process).  High ground occupancy or no, I've granted his wish.

I'm checking this forum remotely for now, though I will be back in town on Monday.

Foul

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:51 am 

Applause

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:23 am 

johnhuck wrote:Applause

Thunderous Applause.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:28 am 

Thanks Foul.  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:26 am 

Foul, thanks for this thread, and have a safe trip back. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:09 pm 

Awards Foul 5,000XP for meritorius conduct under fire.

Thank you :!:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:17 pm 

Geez, as a new user, I had no idea some people got so uppity. Glad I never read any of his posting until after he was kicked off. Besides, when I was in the service, it wasn't the loudmouths you had to worry about, it was the quiet guys who always surprised you.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:51 pm 

The Acaeum will be quiet now.  Knid of entertaining watching the verbal slugfets :D

Lets get back to what this site is all about NOW!!!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:32 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:The Acaeum will be quiet now. Knid of entertaining watching the verbal slugfets :D

Lets get back to what this site is all about NOW!!!!

See, sometimes a typo can be a good thing.  Is anyone else reminded of the infamous Vermicious Knids?

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:08 pm 

Wasn't it 'VerNicious Knids'?

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:08 am 

Sounds great!  Thanks Foul.  I may return sometime in the near future if I can look forward to chatting up the game, doing research and staying on topic.  :)  It's the $ that breeds dissent.  Curiously, it seems eBay is always the culprit toward forum negativity ...