About ISoldIt
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:06 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Have any of the international buyers received their lots yet?

I received the lot two days ago. I was very pleased by the contents. For example a first print, first edition CoC boxed set with SIX additional books (three of them valuable TOME modules!):D . Only problem: actual shipping was $ 44 but I paid $ 80 for shipping. I contacted the seller and he told me about having expenses to recoup (going to the Post Office, packing materials and so on). I informed hom I have a store too, so I empathize with him, but there is NO WAY his overhead for my item could ever be near to $ 36. Now I wait for his answer...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:10 am 

The thing is:  isoldit doesn't keep the money. . . they are selling on behalf of someone else.  I imagine they take a % (maybe 10% ?).  That is why they charge such an ungodly amount for shipping as anything extra is profit for them.  The seller just gets the auction sale price minus the isoldit fee.

They are basically just an ebay consignment store.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:19 am 

Sotterraneo wrote:...but I paid $ 80 for shipping....

They've chrged me $74 to ship my lot to the UK. But considering what's in it, I'll be happy if it arrives and is in as good order as it looks on the photos. I think I got a good price as well.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWN:IT

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:19 am 

this was one of the reasons i didn't bid on any of that stuff in the end. i REALLY wanted to, and even got the permission off them to do so, but once i had a good look at the shipping etc, it TOTALLY put me off and i can't even begin to imagine how much it would have cost to here!!!  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:24 am 

I just noticed Monkey God Curse in there. Hadn't seen that before. Can anyine tell me about What Price Glory. What is it?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:53 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Sotterraneo wrote:...but I paid $ 80 for shipping....

They've chrged me $74 to ship my lot to the UK. But considering what's in it, I'll be happy if it arrives and is in as good order as it looks on the photos. I think I got a good price as well.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWN:IT

You KNOW you got a good price, Ian. :D :D

I think I responded within five minutes last time you queried that! :P ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:21 am 

So, David. What is 'What Price Glory', and 'Thruamatic Something-or-other'? I understand one is some Occultist's take on how spells should really be done, but I've never heard of the other one. Sounds like a Roman Campaign.

And it'll only be a good price if it arrives and I don't have to pay customs £50, and its intact. If they fold up and jump on it to get it through my letterbox, I won't be happy.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:30 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So, David. What is 'What Price Glory', and 'Thruamatic Something-or-other'? I understand one is some Occultist's take on how spells should really be done, but I've never heard of the other one. Sounds like a Roman Campaign.

Is not one I know, but seemed like a nice addition to the already-very-nice bundle

RPG Encyclopedia Entries: W

Authentic Thaumaturgy: Introduction

Authentic Thaumaturgy: Isaac Bonewits: 9781556343605: Amazon.com: Books

There's a copy of the 2nd edition up for grabs just now (oops)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5172863052

mbassoc2003 wrote:And it'll only be a good price if it arrives and I don't have to pay customs £50, and its intact.

If you have to pay customs duty, something has gone seriously wrong.

Couldn't be much more obvious that they are "books".

If they even try that, blame the sender and insist they open the package to prove otherwise. Probably won't work, but work a try.

mbassoc2003 wrote:If they fold up and jump on it to get it through my letterbox, I won't be happy.

You have a seriously large letterbox if they're even tempted to try that! :D

(Or else, one of my postal workers ;))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:You have a seriously large letterbox if they're even tempted to try that! :D

(Or else, one of my postal workers ;))

The ambition and enthusiasm of my local postal delivery person, appears to be inversely proportional to the size of his brain. :D

Sometimes its as if there is a great challenge there for him to work out.

I was almost tempted to offer him his bottle of whisky at Christmas provided he could get through the letterbox.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:17 pm 

harami2000 wrote:If you have to pay customs duty, something has gone seriously wrong.

Couldn't be much more obvious that they are "books".

If they even try that, blame the sender and insist they open the package to prove otherwise. Probably won't work, but work a try.

The last lot, the one with Bunnies & Burrows in it, I has to pay customs on. The seller marked the item 'Games Books'. So I got screwed for £48. :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:13 pm 

Got my lot from IsoldIt. Yay!

Had to pay £35 customs charges 'cos they marked it 'Games'.

They overcharged me by $30 on shipping. :evil:

World of Greyhawk had no maps.

What Price Glory is coming away from the spine. (I can probably remedy that without damaging the book)

All else seem to be fine.

So why did no-one tell me what 'What Price Glory' was? It seems to be a complete D&D wouldbe from about the same era. Its quite comprehensive for its time. Some of you guys must have known what it was about.

Melanda Land of Mystery is also a strange one. A folio of loose pages very similar in texture and print quality to the WF2 that passed through my hands recently. I wonder if there's a connection?

Theres a whole load of 'rules for miniatures' books that I need to offload. They don't interest me so they'll be going on eBay or passed along to others.

Still, I've contacted IsoldIt to see if they can explain why they didn't list the obvious damage to the books and there excessive undisclosed hangling charge.

May need to refer this one to PayPal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:19 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Got my lot from IsoldIt. Yay!

Had to pay £35 customs charges 'cos they marked it 'Games'.

They overcharged me by $30 on shipping. :evil:

World of Greyhawk had no maps.

What Price Glory is coming away from the spine. (I can probably remedy that without damaging the book)

All else seem to be fine.

So why did no-one tell me what 'What Price Glory' was? It seems to be a complete D&D wouldbe from about the same era. Its quite comprehensive for its time. Some of you guys must have known what it was about.

Melanda Land of Mystery is also a strange one. A folio of loose pages very similar in texture and print quality to the WF2 that passed through my hands recently. I wonder if there's a connection?

Theres a whole load of 'rules for miniatures' books that I need to offload. They don't interest me so they'll be going on eBay or passed along to others.

Still, I've contacted IsoldIt to see if they can explain why they didn't list the obvious damage to the books and there excessive undisclosed hangling charge.

May need to refer this one to PayPal.

Well at least your postman didn't try to fit it in your mailbox.  :wink: It could have been worse if he did:

mbassoc2003 wrote: The ambition and enthusiasm of my local postal delivery person, appears to be inversely proportional to the size of his brain. :D

Sometimes its as if there is a great challenge there for him to work out.

I was almost tempted to offer him his bottle of whisky at Christmas provided he could get through the letterbox.

:wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:19 pm 

On a side note... Melanda didn't come with 'Temple of Gold' as listed in Afterglow, it came with 'In Search of Starfax'. The page count is out also. Was there more than one print?

Its very rune based also?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:28 pm 

It had to happen. Confronted by isoldit silence about my $ 36, I slapped him a Negative feedback and I contacted EBay. He of course retailated and this I can understand. What I can't stand is the comment "he (meaning me) wants shipping for free" :x.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:37 am 

Sotterraneo wrote:It had to happen. Confronted by isoldit silence about my $ 36, I slapped him a Negative feedback and I contacted EBay. He of course retailated and this I can understand. What I can't stand is the comment "he (meaning me) wants shipping for free" :x.

For the record, I telephoned IsoldIt regarding the missing map and the $30 handling charge and spoke to a guy called Steve. This morning they refunded me my full $78 shipping charge so I'm very happy. That may be on the back of the other negative feedbacks they're already sitting on (damage limitation), but I've found that dealing with them on the phone gets better results that e-mailing them (they've ignored all my e-mails).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:48 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote: For the record, I telephoned IsoldIt regarding the missing map and the $30 handling charge and spoke to a guy called Steve. This morning they refunded me my full $78 shipping charge so I'm very happy. That may be on the back of the other negative feedbacks they're already sitting on (damage limitation), but I've found that dealing with them on the phone gets better results that e-mailing them (they've ignored all my e-mails).

Phoning him from Italy is not a feasible option I'm afraid. But I was notified that this guy had contacted the Square Trade service to ask for my removal of the Negative feedback I left. Of course my position is: you give me back my $ 36 and I'll accept to remove the feedback. Oh, removing the Negative feeback he left for me will have to be part of the deal too :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:46 pm 

Sotterraneo wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote: For the record, I telephoned IsoldIt regarding the missing map and the $30 handling charge and spoke to a guy called Steve. This morning they refunded me my full $78 shipping charge so I'm very happy. That may be on the back of the other negative feedbacks they're already sitting on (damage limitation), but I've found that dealing with them on the phone gets better results that e-mailing them (they've ignored all my e-mails).

Phoning him from Italy is not a feasible option I'm afraid. But I was notified that this guy had contacted the Square Trade service to ask for my removal of the Negative feedback I left. Of course my position is: you give me back my $ 36 and I'll accept to remove the feedback. Oh, removing the Negative feeback he left for me will have to be part of the deal too :D

I phoned from the UK. I don't know how much it cost me to be honest. But they flatly blank all e-mails so that they can say they didn't receive them when you leave negative feedback.

Previous