About ISoldIt
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:15 am 

It seems that these guys are not that unreasonable. They refunded me $ 50 for overpayment :D . Perhaos thgey woul be willing to refund other buyers for excessive shipping charges too  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:22 am 

I believe Isoldit is a franchise name.  Someone started the concept and it was very successful for them.  Now they sell the rights to use the isoidit franchise name and start a business in your own city.  

I imagine you are obligated to follow certain guidelines (like the general auction format).  The end result it that some isoldit sellers might be uncommunicative or unreasonable and some may be very accomodating.

I am often inquiring of shipping and if they will consider media mail - sometimes my questions are ignored, sometimes they decline to ship media and sometimes they say "no problem".  

I have yet to actually win an auction by an isoldit seller though.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:22 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:I believe Isoldit is a franchise name...... I have yet to actually win an auction by an isoldit seller though.

So, that said, the Franchise must be a resounding success, Yes?

It seems to me that the Auction listings on E-Bay that I have seen for iSoldIt go for very high prices. At least the few of them that I have bid on anyway. I also have yet to win one of them.....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:27 am 

I have been waiting a week for them to confirm my shipping cost. I've phoned and they are very good to talk to, but they seem disorganised and inefficient. I would have expected a final cost by now. :(

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:12 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

I would give these guys high marks.  

I spoke to them on the phone 3 times, before bidding and after.  They were very helpful and pleasant.  

Everything arrived safely.  The DMG looks like a true first; I'll probably post some pics on the DMG thread to find out if that's correct.

The Basic Set, PHB, DDG, and MM were all first printings, and I think the DM screen is as well.  All in excellent condition, maybe unused.  I'm happy with the transaction.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:15 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

I spoke to them on the phone 3 times, before bidding and after. They were very helpful and pleasant.

Congrats. 'Phoning was the best idea, in retrospect, rather than face the form responses and hear about the ultra-high international shipping quotes.

Did you find out who the auctions were being consigned on behalf of?

Many of the other lots certainly didn't seem to be broken up in a logical (to a collector) fashion.

afoolandhis$ wrote:Everything arrived safely. The DMG looks like a true first; I'll probably post some pics on the DMG thread to find out if that's correct.

The Basic Set, PHB, DDG, and MM were all first printings, and I think the DM screen is as well.

*g*. As I was thinking. Nice "clean sweep", there.

Glad they got a very decent price for those, too, compared with a few of the other lots.

Quite some collection...

afoolandhis$ wrote:All in excellent condition, maybe unused. I'm happy with the transaction.

:P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:32 pm 

I asked, but they wouldn't say.  Only info I got on the original owner was that they photocopied everything they wanted to make notes on, rather than making marks in the books.  Overall, it seems apparent that they were pretty careful with their stuff.  

It would be interesting to hear from others who won parts of this lot.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:40 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I asked, but they wouldn't say. Only info I got on the original owner was that they photocopied everything they wanted to make notes on, rather than making marks in the books. Overall, it seems apparent that they were pretty careful with their stuff.

thx.

*eeps*. Given the date, wouldn't it have been cheaper just to have bought two of everything? ;)

Yeah, sounds like "unused" is close to the mark. (Which should please the winner of the "Booty and the Beasts"/"Misty Isles" lot, somewhat...).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:34 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Yeah, sounds like "unused" is close to the mark. (Which should please the winner of the "Booty and the Beasts"/"Misty Isles" lot, somewhat...).

8O   :evil:  :cry:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:30 pm 

Yeah, that would have been a nice one, too, but my kids are already eating mac & cheese for the next month.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:42 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

I spoke to them on the phone 3 times, before bidding and after. They were very helpful and pleasant.

Everything arrived safely. The DMG looks like a true first; I'll probably post some pics on the DMG thread to find out if that's correct.

The Basic Set, PHB, DDG, and MM were all first printings, and I think the DM screen is as well. All in excellent condition, maybe unused. I'm happy with the transaction.

Gah.  Nice acquisition.  I need to hurry up and get my lawyering on, so I can afford to do this a little more thoroughly!

WWW ICQ  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:22 pm 

i was the winner of the misty isles auction. i was  happy with the contents.  the misty isles is in excellent condition-complete no staple rust. the mage is in near mint condition .

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:24 pm 

stratochamp wrote:i was the winner of the misty isles auction. i was happy with the contents. the misty isles is in excellent condition-complete no staple rust. the mage is in near mint condition .

A wonderfully understated "happy" there! 8)

Thanks for the feedback.

Next time, I'll take the 'plane and camp outside their door... :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:17 am 

Aneoth wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:I believe Isoldit is a franchise name...... I have yet to actually win an auction by an isoldit seller though.

So, that said, the Franchise must be a resounding success, Yes?

It seems to me that the Auction listings on E-Bay that I have seen for iSoldIt go for very high prices. At least the few of them that I have bid on anyway. I also have yet to win one of them.....

Isoldit is a franchise where you buy the right to set up in an area, people come and drop off stuff to be sold on ebay, the Isoldit guys are the middlemen.  In practice they are very haphazard, as RPG stuff sold by them might be incomplete or missing items as they are not experts on gaming items, they are only selling it for someone else.  However, each individual ISoldIT franchise is owned by a completely different individual, so some may be much more competent than others.  My advice would be to contact them and ask questions before bidding.  

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:15 am 

Badmike wrote: My advice would be to contact them and ask questions before bidding.

Mike B.

I tried that one some of the recent auction. I got nowhere until an Acaeum member took pity on me and was able to get me a Local Phone number for the store in his town. By then the prices were highter than I was willing to go without further information. Since it IS a franchise, how does one get in touch with the various individuals placing specific listings?

I never leaned anything about the listings that I wanted information for, so I simply stopped bidding.

Previously, when I E-Mailed them (Several times) with "ask the seller a question" all I got was a standard return E-Mail, saying absolutely NOTHING useful and answering NONE of my specific inquiries about that (Or those) listing(s). The letter(s) only answered VERY basic E-Bay/Auction questions, generically... Please see above for a copy of that E-Mail that I had posted a while back.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 am 

I just used the phone number in the listing.  When I called, I had the nice young woman who answered the phone go into the back of the store, retrieve the box of items, and answer a detailed list of questions.  She was very thorough, and right on, it turnd out, in her descriptions of the items.

I would definitely recommend taking that approach, since they probably knew very little if anything about what they were selling.

Too bad they don't have more...or do they :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:54 pm 

Well, they managed to ship my items to a different bidder, who contacted me. Thank God I haven't paid for them yet. I probably won't, either.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:25 am 

Have any of the international buyers received their lots yet?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Next