Dundracon
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:16 pm 

Anybody hit up Dundracon this year?  (San Ramon , CA)  I went last Saturday just to check out the dealer room and the swap meet for any gems.....I found absolutley NOTHING!!  It was depressing becuase every year i have found SOMETHING for my collection.  Any of you guys get to that con and find anything?

The crowd there gets smaller (and older) every year too. Computer RPG'S are really killing pen& pencil gaming. (That was depressing too)

One BIG highlight for me was finally being able to meet my fav artist of all time: Erol Otis!  He was kickin back in the dealer room next to the Hackmaster booth.  I was pissed I didn't have anything for him to sign, but i made sure I told him that his surreal syle of art in all the old AD&D stuff should be hung in the National Gallery.   He seems like a very nice guy and was really easy to talk to.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:07 am 

Sorry I missed you Kurtuleas---Tadashi and I scored several deals in the flea market room, which I'll mention in the Recent Fun Finds thread soonish.  We also were selling NM or shrink copies of various DW magazines, Gamelords titles, JG books, and a pile of Tekumel tomes.

Erol was quite cool; I was also pleasantly surprised that Greg Stafford was there this year, along with the usual Steves Perrin and Henderson; I also bumped into Rudy Kraft's dad, who put me in touch with Rudy :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/