AD&D Comics
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:35 pm 

Has anybody actually read these. They are DC comic books for AD&D. Found them on an E-Bay lot 3117720114. Were these a product of TSR licenced to DC comics? Any info please!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:16 pm 

Hi Kosh, it seems like there are also the following:   Comics [DC Publications]  Advanced Dungeons and Dragons [36 issues]  Dragonstrike [1 issue, Marvel]  Dragonlance [34 issues]  Dragonlance Saga [5 issues]  Forgotten Realms [25 issues]  Gammarauders [10 issues]  Spelljammer [14 issues]    Comic Annuals [DC Publications]  Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Annual #1  Forgotten Realms Annual #1  TSR Worlds Annual #1    I got this information from Rpggateway.net which has a list. Go check it out for any more information.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:05 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Has anybody actually read these. They are DC comic books for AD&D. Found them on an E-Bay lot 3117720114. Were these a product of TSR licenced to DC comics? Any info please!
 Have em, they are not bad... quite entertaining for us AD&Ders.. they also have some stats of new monsters etc in them... I would suggest if you are into any particualar system (FR, SJ..) that they are a good buy as they can give some good info...  Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:10 pm 

The comics are very cheap so you might to try and bid on a few. There are a few auctions  on ebay right now that can give you a near complete set. Inexpensive and if you get them, please post what you think about them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:56 pm 

i picked up a whole run of spell jammer comiocs i think that they are firs print i think i paid around 25 for the whole bunch jeff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:33 pm 

DC also put out  a series of 3 comics for the Avatar trilogy and  Lord of the Ultra-Realm, #1-6 plus a special edition (not sure if this is D&D or just same style).

There are also other D&D comics that are somewhat newer than the DC ones mentioned above.  Kenzerco put out

In the Shadow of Dragons #1-8
Tempest's Gate #1-4
Black & White #1-6
Where Shadows Fall

DDP comics put out 5 issues of The Legend of Huma last summer.  Issue 1 has a variant cover.

TSR also put out some other comics which I can't quite remember the titles of (I will have to check my comic boxes to see if I can find them).  But there is a Grand Tour of the Realms, a Birthright comic, a Labyrinth comic, a Vecna graphic novel.

TSR also had comics for different lines of their products that included some games with them too.  There was a Buck Rogers series, Warhawks, Agent 13 and Intruder (each about 8-10 issues per series).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:34 pm 

Should also not forget about the 5 Dragonlance Graphic novels that make up the Chronicles series.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:50 am 

[quote="Mars"]

TSR also put out some other comics which I can't quite remember the titles of (I will have to check my comic boxes to see if I can find them). But there is a Grand Tour of the Realms, a Birthright comic, a Labyrinth comic, a Vecna graphic novel.

quote]

The Grand Tour of the Realms comic is a must read if only for the fact that the adventuring party featured on the tour are the now grown-up characters of the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.  Pretty funny in joke if you are in the know.

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:25 pm 

The Vecna graphic novel was good but stopped halfway through the story with promises of having another comic.  So far 2 years later no dice.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!