gaming history documentary film crew
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:38 pm 

Hi guys---

Rob Kuntz and Tadashi and I were contacted back at GenCon by a team filming a gaming documentary.  I just spoke with them again today, and had an interesting idea I'd like to float by you guys:  would you be interested in showcasing some of your rarities for the film, if the crew wanted to ping you for such?  

I'm thinking that it would be great to be able to point these guys to the Acaeum's key collectors, in order to be able to showcase the real 30th anniversary history of D&D vs. that crappy book that WotC put together:  let them film pre-pub tourneys, 1st print box sets, Warrior of Mars, original manuscripts, etc., etc., etc.

I thought about posting this in the general forum, but then figured that the members in here are probably the ones who would have most of the key stuff anyway; I'm more than willing to have this moved to the general area if folks think that would be beneficial.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:10 pm 

It sounds like a good idea but to make it worth a documentary crew's while, they probably only need to visit a couple of really large collections.  I can think of a few offhand, such as invincibleoverlord's since his is already displayed.  Stormber's would probably be fantastic too if he has it displayed.  And I guess that's the key.  If Deadlord Frank really has his tourney modules framed on his living room wall a la art, then that would be really cool.  Going to my storage closet on Long Island would be a snoozer, from a documentary filmmaker's and audience perspective, though, I'm afraid.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:47 am 

Yeah, my thought was that folks would have to pull out their good stuff to display it:  we did something similar to this for a Moorcock display being filmed/documented at DragonCon many moons ago (I contributed the copy of New World's Fair LP and various Hawkind singles penned by MM, for example).  

invincible and Paul were definitely at the top of my list of possible candidates, though of course only if they're interested :D  

invincible's not a member of this forum though...:

FoulFoot
Badmike
beasterbroo
blackdougal
chromaticknight
dathon
edmud
EricP
evl
grodog
Hangover