Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 55 of 112123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:04 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hey! its not feckin funny :)

its a delicate operation this, it really is!

i can only carry so much food per day, so am looking at about 5kg for the week. and believe me, some of you guys would look at it and go "is that it??!!!" :D

must take some pics of it all before i pack it all properly to show you what i mean :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:34 pm 

This thread need a bump anyway.  Take a look at this numb nuts:

Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

He also has some other auctions up with absolutely ridiculous shipping costs and less then $1.00 BINs. If you ever wonder where a seller might come upon a 95% feedback rating, well then there is no need to wonder any more. :roll:   If it wasn't like ass hats like this guy, this thread would have died long ago.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:VERY BIG BUYER BEWARE

eBay listings

The guy from Ypsilanti Michigan who stole a bunch of people's money (including Marlith's) back around November is back up in operation again. I would strongly suggest avoiding this seller like the plague. This guy seems to be the newest albiet different version of jonb. This one just happens to reside in Michigan and not Virgina and could care less about auction descrition.

Update on this guy seems to not bode very well for some buyers out there. This guys auctions started ending around 3 weeks ago and he still does not have one single positive feedback.  Seems like my prediction is soon to be fulfilled...........

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:57 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This thread need a bump anyway.  Take a look at this numb nuts:

He also has some other auctions up with absolutely ridiculous shipping costs and less then $1.00 BINs. If you ever wonder where a seller might come upon a 95% feedback rating, well then there is no need to wonder any more. :roll:   If it wasn't like ass hats like this guy, this thread would have died long ago.

That's funny.  I could have sworn "Cheap Trick" broke up...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:15 pm 

The low BIN and high shipping seems a clever way to stick it to EBay.

They'll still get their PayPal percentage, at least.

IF this guy were not someone who is likely not to actually send the goods, this seems like a good plan.  Right?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:34 pm 

Can you belive the shipping costs

This is copied from his page

Shipping Cost  Services Available  Service Transit Time*  Available to
US $19.99  US Postal Service Parcel Post®  Estimated delivery 2-9 days  United States only
US $9,999.90  Expedited Flat Rate Shipping Service    United States only
US $9,999.90  Overnight Flat Rate Shipping Service  1 business day  United States only

Gary H. Kramer

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:52 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:IF this guy were not someone who is likely not to actually send the goods, this seems like a good plan.  Right?

The problem with this sort of thing is that you're dealing with sellers who are obsessed with "sticking it to The Man" — not surprisingly, this sort of person usually turns out to be less than reliable when it comes to basic customer service.

Also, from an eBay-specific perspective, this sort of plan can backfire when you run into buyers who do not bother to read the shipping terms (who think they are "getting something for nothing," in other words). For instance, a close look at this particular moron's feedback shows some negatives that, frankly, are undeserved — the buyers were just upset that their practically free goods turned out to not be so free. Not that I'm going to defend this clown too much, as his ridiculous shipping quotes and 95-percent positive feedback ratio speak for themselves.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:01 pm 

Well, it's reportable...

Report this Item --> (menu)
Listing Policy Violations --> Circumvention of eBay fees --> Excessive Shipping and Handling

Unfortunately, with their Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program only the intellectual property rights owner can report potentially infringing items, using a Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI). So publishers have to monitor eBay and do their own complaining... not very easy or cheap. :/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:14 pm 

I've e-mailed the seller and gotten a response. I'm trying to draw him out. If he says "I want to avoid eBay fees", I'll send it on over to them.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:16 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Well, it's reportable...

Report this Item --> (menu)
Listing Policy Violations --> Circumvention of eBay fees --> Excessive Shipping and Handling

Unfortunately, with their Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program only the intellectual property rights owner can report potentially infringing items, using a Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI). So publishers have to monitor eBay and do their own complaining... not very easy or cheap. :/

Excellent point that's often overlooked.  You can't just make up whatever shipping fees you feel like.  They have to be at least marginally based in reality, or the deal is null and void.  You can still overcharge and throw in handling fees, but not $10k in fees.  :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:01 pm 

Read some of the feedback for Suck-O.  Hilarious.  Apparantly he mails his items wrapped in cellophane/saran wrap instead of padded envelopes or even paper.  

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:37 pm 

I've reported him, and I hope others do, too. What a buckethead.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:39 am 

Xaxaxe:  Good thoughts on a seller who is trying to beat the system.

I jumped on a .99 listing yesterday...but the shipping turned out to be $19.95....and I recognized our guy.

Mark

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:45 pm 

I think we got him! Listing comes up as "invalid" now. W00t! :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:07 pm 

Holy crap, I e-mailed this guy

trollandtoadauctions

about shipping for this single miniature:

D&D Ral Partha | eBay

The price you ask!!!

$14.95 (shipped securely in a bubble wrap envelope no less).

Troll and Toad, you can kiss my A$$

I buy alot of miniaures and even from overseas I pay less for more product.  They are cheaters and gougers.  Avoid at all costs!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:18 pm 

What is hilarious is that it would easily fit in a small Flat-Rate Prio box.
Don't feel too bad, I just paid $9 to have 2 miniature boxes shipped Parcel Post, no tracking. Cost was $4. Had I known it was going PP I would never had paid $5 in handleme charges.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:37 am 

Not saying that this is necessarily a shady dealer...still....

Has anyone here ever dealt with a seller named Scarlett Empress?

I was working a multi-auction deal with this seller's items and I got burned when my combined shipping deal was wrecked by last second bidders.  It got left holding the bag for shipping cost on one item.

The bidder on two of these auctions was named Se3ker.  Although he had a feedback of 1000, he is "no longer a registered Ebay user." (Or words to that effect.)

Now, Scarlett Empress has sent me second chance offers on all three of the items I lost.

What do you think?  Anyone know this seller's reputation?

Mark   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:23 am 

As long as they are "offers" for what your bid was before he sniped it I would do it, but not for the max that your bid was. Still pretty odd though  :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 55 of 112123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 110111112