Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 112123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:13 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Kind of interesting turn this auction has taken, and I am not even refering to the 2 apparently fake bidders.  That Nocstar bidding pattern really doesn;t make much sense, or does it. :idea:

He sounds familiar.  
Is he someone here??

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:30 am 

I see the name from time to time in auctions I follow but I just assumed he was pushing up the bid to see how high it would go as obviously the Acaeum was a fake bid. If he's willing to actually pay the $3200.00 he's a braver man than I  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:50 am 

Bah. If he REALLY wants that one, he should place a serious bid once and for all. No sense rising by 25 dollars every time if you know you are ready to pay 3000 dollars more.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:51 am 

bclarkie wrote:Could be. :)  But as you can see he is slowly building his way back up to what is going to be several hundered auctions. :roll:  Bid at your own peril.

I won't. I'm a shrinkwrap collector.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:Its defintely the same guy trust me. Unfortuantely, I can't seem to remember what his old user ID was although it didn't last very long so that may be why. The link to the below auction listed below was removed, so I had no luck there either.  Here are the few posts that covered it in the Copyright Infringement thread(MrFilthyIke was a bit confunsed where to post it so he posted it there).

MrFilthyIke's first post back on November 3rd:
MrFilthyIke wrote: Creature D'anges: Women | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller".  :?

Lordan's response:
Lordan wrote:

Looks like his stock is still going down....his positive feedback dropped 5% from last night when I looked at this thread   8O

and then my post:

bclarkie wrote:I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:   Seriously though, I noticed that guy listing back a few weeks ago and just got a seriously bad feeling about him. He at the time of listing had something like over 250 auctions up and was a brand new user. 8O   It just screamed of fraud.  I also noticed at least 2 other sellers from that exact same town that he is from with low feedbacks also selling D&D stuff during the same time frame.  The worst part of it is if you look at his 2 positve feedbacks that he received, they were left by the buyer before he received the items.  That bidder for some reason leaves all of his feedback upon completion of the auction that e wins and not when he receives the items :roll:  How dumb can people be. :roll:

I can't believe nobody rememers him. He was a brand new EBayer, he was from Ypsilanti, Michigan and he listed like over 300 auctions over a five day span, A NEW USER.  8O  Anyway, one of the reasons that he was able to do so many auctions was because of his total lack of auction descriptions. Every freakin auction was like "Book in good condition." or "Book in Fair condition.  As you can see he is following the exact same pattern as being that every auction is "book in good condition" he has already listed 57 auctions in one day and I gaurentee more are too come. If I had any kids, I would be on their lives its the same guy. Honest. :) I would not go anywhere near the guy.  I am sure that if Marlith pokes his head in here, that he can alos verify the guys auctions being that the guy ripped him off. :x

BC did the guy have photos last time?  I do remember the monotonously few word descriptions of Good (like new) and Fair (Used) I think they were.  Anyone want to bid/buy some items and pay with a credit card through paypal to see if it's the same guy?  You can always charge back the sale if you don't get the item or its not in Like New condition.  I would but I'm saving myself for Jonb's return  :twisted:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:13 pm 

Badmike wrote:
BC did the guy have photos last time?

Mike B.

Yes he did and they are done almost the exact same way. The only difference in the pictures is that they appear to be closer to the object this time as opposed to last time where they were taken from very far away and were very unclear.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:21 pm 

Funny our newbie seller is now all the way up to 237 auctions. :roll:

eBay listings

I also happened to notice this one:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Which happens to be the exact same Immortal Rules box set in shrink that never arrived to Marlith. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:Funny our newbie seller is now all the way up to 237 auctions. :roll:

eBay listings

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Which happens to be the exact same Immortal Rules box set in shrink that never arrived to Marlith. :evil:

Get em, Clarkie!  Sic em!   :evil:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:08 am 

Are you 100% sure that is his set? Marlith, is it? If so, we can have some fun with this guy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:08 am 

bclarkie wrote:Funny our newbie seller is now all the way up to 237 auctions. :roll:

eBay listings

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

8O  8O  8O

notice too that hardly anything has been bid on either! just a few items.

well what goes around comes around...

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:24 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

eBay listings

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

8O  8O  8O

notice too that hardly anything has been bid on either! just a few items.

well what goes around comes around...

Funny, I just saw this one myself and was on my way to ask you guys... seems I don't have to    :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:08 pm 

He had a Gazetteer up for auction that I want pretty bad.  The price was great with one day to go ($15)  Thought I might take a chance, then decided not to.  I am very glad I did not.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:27 pm 

I dont now if I should put this here or in the laughable items thread. Check out the Q&A on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:36 pm 

... also check the current high bidder — it's our feline friend from the UK. This has got M-bag disaster written all over it. :cry:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:... also check the current high bidder — it's our feline friend from the UK. This has got M-bag disaster written all over it. :cry:

Not if I can help it. :)   Sending the seller a link to Toolhaus.org should help make their mind up. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:58 pm 

Looking even further, I guess Coug can make up his mind about who's fault it is when something gets lost in the mail:

eBay Feedback Profile for tonyx33

eBay Feedback Profile for tonyx33

:roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:... also check the current high bidder — it's our feline friend from the UK. This has got M-bag disaster written all over it. :cry:

Not if I can help it. :)   Sending the seller a link to Toolhaus.org should help make their mind up. :wink:

I felt it my duty to drive up Feline's bid... :wink:

But by all means I'll take it at that price should the Seller decide against Kitty  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:07 pm 

Another funny thing looking through Coug's feedback is that he has 11 mutually withdrawn feedbacks just since the begining of March, 11

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 112123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 110111112